Wii 2 & PS4: Out in 2011?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wii 2:
What, is there a sale on crystal balls this week? Or do people have DEPRESSION FEVER? Either way, we don't just have one story on the next next generation of consoles today, we have two. The second's from What They Play, where former 1UP man John Davison says "multiple sources in the game development and publishing community" have been talking to him about the next Wii. Which has the tentative name "Wii HD".

As you can tell by the name, it'll get Nintendo back in the graphics saddle by opting for HD visuals. There'll be a "greater emphasis" on digital delivery and backwards compatability. There'll again be an emphasis on the system's controller, rather than the system itself. And it'll be out no later than 2011.

This being 2008, and with the Wii having been out less than two years, this all gets filed in the "SOMETIME IN THE DISTANT FUTURE" file. And there's absolutely no way to confirm any of this. So for now, just hit the link below, soak it all up, imagine a world with a HD Zelda and try and come up with a better worki-in-progress name than "Wii HD".

New Wii due by 2011 [What They Play]

Read More: Japanese Site: It's Time To Talk PS4, Rumor: Nintendo Bringing An "Old Franchise" To Wii, DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label Coming To Xbox 360 This December?, Spore Fans Threatened With Banhammer Over DRM Talk
http://kotaku.com/5057222/american-site-its-time-to-talk-new-wii-out-in-2011

PS4:
While Sony's been touting the PS3's ten year life-span, Hiroshige Goto from Japanese site PC Watch is already talking PLAYSTATION 4. According to Goto, Sony is apparently moving forward with the PS4 and considering using the Cell Broadband Engine that powers the PS3 as the next console's architectural base. Sony, Goto points out, has invested heavily in the Cell so that it can be updated with new iterations and used for a long period of time — a point that does give strength to the rumor he floats.

What's more, using an upgraded Cell in the PS4 would obviously lower the cost of production with a smaller chip, too. That right there could be a key factor in why Sony could very well be investigating this possibility. What's more, it seems more in line with what Nintendo has successfully done with the GameCube and the Wii. Goto goes on to theorize if the next PlayStation will have 32 cores (compared to the current 8), but Goto doesn't have any concrete information about Sony's plans.

While the original Xbox had trouble trailing the PS2 (and all the PS2 developer kits that were sent out), Sony has been playing catch up against the Xbox 360. So, for example, if Sony wants to get the PS4 out in 2011 before the next Xbox, it will need a shortcut because actual chip development, Goto writes, takes 3 or 4 years.

PLAYSTATION 4は拡張版Cell搭載へ向かう [PC Watch]

Read More: American Site: It's Time To Talk New Wii (Out In 2011), Rumor: Nintendo Bringing An "Old Franchise" To Wii, DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label Coming To Xbox 360 This December?, Spore Fans Threatened With Banhammer Over DRM Talk
http://kotaku.com/5057202/japanese-site-its-time-to-talk-ps4

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH, I wish consoles would stop the sequel business, and just sell hardware packages.

It's silly interest capitolism.

*hugs PC*

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt we'll be seeing another PS3 anytime soon, but I'd be willing to believe another Wii is around the corner. The same goes for the 360.

Anyways, it feels like all of the consoles just came out. They need to slow down.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I wouldn't mind a Wii 2 though. Especially if the Wii 2 gets a set of gloves (wireless) that is able to move around you better in quite a lot of games.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
=/ I'm not ready for an xbox 540 yet. I still have games to buy and play on what I have now D:

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH, I wish consoles would stop the sequel business, and just sell hardware packages.

It's silly interest capitolism.

*hugs PC*
You sir, deserve a medal. Think, I could still have had my N64 ugraded to GC then a Wii! ^^

I wish they did software updates too, curse you Metaknight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom