Wierd Power Struggle Bug

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, just thought I'd report something a bit freaky that hapenned in a server today. I had fired a full-power kamehameha at someone in the air on the esf_arrival map, and they blocked it. I don't know from my end, but I think he was crushed against the wall and killed.

Next thing I knew, I was stuck beam struggling, while he respawned with the beamhead stuck to him. It followed him everywhere, but never exploded. I eventually had to disconnect to stop it. I hope this is helpful!

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes it hapend to me but it's hapen's when you block and relesh block and block again when you in the wall and the beam will remain in you the only way to get rid of it it's to retry on the server

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, that's exactly what hapenned :) .

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, that's pretty awesome.

I might be wrong, but...

DJ-Ready, I'm ashamed at you. Isnt that EVM you're playing?! (the charge aura + left click thing)

AKA, maybe it has something to do with EVM?

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
err.. yeah, but that clip is very VERY old.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I use EVM too. So sue me :) Just something more advanced to tide me over till the almighty ESF 1.3 comes out.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF beter then EVM no offance , ESF it's more Balance , at EVM i can't die 1 vs 1 i am invincibal and i play as Picolo or Buu

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Hey, just thought I'd report something a bit freaky that hapenned in a server today. I had fired a full-power kamehameha at someone in the air on the esf_arrival map, and they blocked it. I don't know from my end, but I think he was crushed against the wall and killed.

Next thing I knew, I was stuck beam struggling, while he respawned with the beamhead stuck to him. It followed him everywhere, but never exploded. I eventually had to disconnect to stop it. I hope this is helpful!
I never even knew there was a beam power struggle bug.

Gon

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
It happened like twice to me.. I thought it was lag

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:

J-Dude said:
Yeah, I use EVM too. So sue me :) Just something more advanced to tide me over till the almighty ESF 1.3 comes out.
Were you on a EVM server? EVM related bug perhaps?.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't take EVM into account. I figured it might be my duty to report such a thing. How would I know its an EVM bug and not an ESF bug?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm... Seems like a very very very difficult thing to reproduce... but logically, to figure out if it's one bug or the other, would be to try to reproduce this event on a stock ESF installation.

Simple, straight forward, scientific method.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i saw this once. But it also happend in EVM. So that dosent help mutch >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom