Why Vista Wont Suck

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks mate. I guess I do have to upgrade up to this verison, since some future programs are going to be only made for Vista.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems like Windows XP Shortcuts/Noobproof

The auto-defrag and more secure kernell stand out.

I'm sure it will need patches for hotfixes and the such, but I do see potential.

Best answers
wow .. that article was boner inspiring.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$50 says Microsoft brings out a mandatory MSN update that only works on Vista.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why biased people piss me off: www.biasedpeoplepissmeoff.com =)

Jk

I will upgrade to Vista, not because I like it or because it looks flashy can cool and awe inspiring...if you can call it that. But because usually pretty much everything works well with Windows than other OS'. I mean, there is always a Window's install instructions and then a Mac. So I figure, Mac's should die- so Windows for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a basic philosophy.

The only thing that really sucks, is Macintosh. All the others have fairly balanced strengths in their own respective areas.

That aside I don't know why people feel the need to attack Vista. You act like you won't have it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I don't like about Vista is the threat it presents to BT and p2p programs. Everything else looks pretty good about it, so I'll definitely be upgrading

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt` said:
I'd like to add to that.

Why Vista will suck:
Because it's windows.

Yeah.. Vista may have some nifty programs and may be the new Gaming OS. But Linux also has nifty programs. A few examples (The link Kurt posted of the scary effects you can use on Linux.) But if it does become a Gaming OS, I might as well just get it :O

Best answers
vista = dx10

problem solved

it doesnt even matter if you hate vista. Its the only thing that will have dx10 on it, and you will need dx10 eventually. so issue resolved.

you may not upgrade now.. but sometime down the road you will pretty much have to.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bile said:
vista = dx10

problem solved

it doesnt even matter if you hate vista. Its the only thing that will have dx10 on it, and you will need dx10 eventually. so issue resolved.

you may not upgrade now.. but sometime down the road you will pretty much have to.
And who said sometime down the road other OS' won't get this dx10 you speak of. Granted i have no clue what you're talking about- but there is always a way around it; trust me.

Best answers
Not really.. DX10 Is Designed for Vista. It is incompatible with the other versions of windows. Its stated clearly in that article.

If you dont get vista youll have to get another version of windows, based on Vista. Either way it doesnt even matter. If you want dx10 you will be running it on some version of Vista. there is no backwards compatability with this.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have the bells of tyranny began to chime louder?

I would have to agree...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
* Display: Copy-restricted high-definition digital content, such as next-generation HD DVD movies, will be displayed at a reduced resolution of 480p (DVD quality) or 540p, unless viewed on a High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)-compatible monitor. Very few existing displays and no retail video cards are compliant with this standard.
Quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista#System_hardware_requirements

That's one reason alone not to buy it... or to pirate the "Ultimate" edition and wait for a patch that bypasses the DRM crap. Also, only Ultimate edition can rip DVDS? Wtf, switching to Vista is gonna be like tying your own hands up.

I don't think any of you here are gonna drop like $400+ on a new OS that will require probably half of you to upgrade your hardware too. =p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yeah, welcome to the world of Forced Upgrades!
Exactly, i only have a 1GHZ, 640MB Ram, and a GeForce 2 GTS :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder how long it will take before everything will be completely vista-ized and you will be forces to upgrade to vista...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom