Why Vista Wont Suck

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
You just like to argue dont you? =P

How is a 64bit system with a 250gig HD 2gigs of ram, a 256 meg Geforce 6800ultra and a dvd burner for under 1k not kickass, I would like to see what you think is a kickass system...
The Blue Gene/L eServer Blue Gene from IBM is pretty spiffy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mac G5 works for me. And my kick ass system is roughly...~$13,000. Yep. I call it my Dream Machine. I'll never get it. But it doesn't hurt to fantasize

Vista won't require 2gb of memory, it's just a reccomendation. I Should have the final beta in a few days from my brother & set it up on a spare hdd to see what it's like. If you can get the beta on your hands, don't bash it till you use it.
No can do. my computers not good enough.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.asp?ID=1729501

And that's just 1 of everything. I plan to upgrade the ram, the HDD size and the video card. Yeah, it's really under 1k alright. Try 2.4K without even including shipping and handling and taxes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I have to point out that Opty has a big point there, it's not like any other time. Though XP had a lot of compatibility issues with old hardware, and I had to upgrade there. When I was doing that, I had to upgrade alot . . . mobo, video card, ram . . . oh yeah, I got ****ed for this last time. And that was only three years ago. Here we are again, being told that Vista will be a RAM whore, and anyone with less than 2GB RAM won't be able to use the file search function properly. I don't see why I should be forced to upgrade my RAM, my Video (which will require me to jump to yet another Mobo, more ram, and a new proc . . . ) and my monitor this time too? I never had to do that with any previous computer in the PS/2 architecture, now MS is cramming it up my ass every three years. So yeah, I'm tired of being put through the forced upgrade regimen.

As you yourself pointed out Pride, I could just say that the cost is unjustifiable, and not upgrade, but then, I do like my computer to work with new things now and again, as I am an avid gamer.
You could always jsut buy a mainboard such as asrock dual sata2 (has an add in card for the next amd socket & ddr2 memory, has both agp & pci express). I have a friend wanting to buy a pc now so i'm considering to get him this mainboard for the purpose of future proofing his system's upgrade path. The board itself isn't expensive at all too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how hes telling people they need to spend a minimum of 999 bucks (even though shipping and handling will break that 1k mark) for a new pc, plus however much Vista is just so they can use the friggin OS.
Last time I checked, when you want the best stuff to run on your machine, you have to get a new computer. It's been that way for like 15 years. I still fail to see why everyone is so freaked.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol overload i was like wtf who's that but then i noticed it was you

To me, Windows Vista is Windows XP with new nifty features. D:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
General Overlord said:
You could always jsut buy a mainboard such as asrock dual sata2 (has an add in card for the next amd socket & ddr2 memory, has both agp & pci express). I have a friend wanting to buy a pc now so i'm considering to get him this mainboard for the purpose of future proofing his system's upgrade path. The board itself isn't expensive at all too.
Thank you for your input, but I took Comp Sci in college and I can determine what parts I need for my machine to run HDCP content. AS Rock boards have an alarmingly high DOA rate, so I'll stick with MSI or Asus as I have for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom