Why not?

Best answers
I don't understand why esf can't have movie charachters or dbgt charachters. I would understand not doing it while it isn't even in the beta stages yet, but it sounds to me like you will never use anything from the movies or dbgt. I just think it might make the mod better later on if you add in movie and dbgt char.

Best answers
becuase alot of the movie characters are boring, and dont last long. alot of them have only a few moves, which are pointless. such as brolly, all he has is strength and basic ki attacks.... that would be boring to play with.

they just arent in the show long enough for people to get a good profile on them and how they act and their moves

Best answers
actully to use movie baddies you can have different skins for evil and good team......lets take bojacks lets just make a model and skin him and put him as evil trunks model and so forth

and brolly well i dont like him but ,if you want a king of the map type thing as i sugessted many Many MANY times before just add a round based game play system and Brolly can be the one who killed the lasy brolly or something......and he can have extra strong moves and and a destructive sphere move

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm. No. Movie Characters wouldn't work. You need characters with Longer Lifespans. Like Buu, or Frieza. Ya undastan?

Best answers
Because, it's this simple... THIS MOD IS BASED OFF OF THE DBZ SERIES It's not based off of DB or DBGT. Movies aren't in sync with the series, so we tend to leave them out.
And that's all there is to it :)

Best answers
What about garlic jr???? he has (dumb)attacks and some transformation(with some star that gohan destroyes)

Best answers
I could see Garlic Jr in,I mean he was in the regular series (while goku wasin space) (Married Maron) (Henceforth Krillin daughter's name)

Best answers
I could see adding that little pecker garlic jr because he was in the series aside from his movie but adding stuff from GT or the movies is an insult to DBZ. Akira, the creator of DBZ did not write all of the movies or GT. He merely approved them to make money. He said that. He also said how they sucked. Well thats the closest translation to english. GT is not a part of DBZ, think of it as an upscale corparate fan-fiction written purely to make money. As for the movies they dont even coinside with DBZ. When watching the movies its apparent that whoever wrote them must not have fully understood the chronology of DBZ

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
As far as I know the movies were made by the same people who made the series. And I still don't know why people don't like DBGT so much, it's a lot more like Akira Toriyama's original series, Dragon Ball, than DBZ ever was. And, strangely enough, DBZ was also made just for money.

Akira Toriyama never wanted to continue the series further than when Goku first bet Frieza. It was supposed to end with Goku as the hero like in DB, then the fans begged him to continue. He also wanted to end it at the Cell saga, thats why it ended with Goku dead and Gohan taking his place as the new hero of Earth.

Best answers
I have never seen GT, so I don't have an opinion on it yet. I do think SSJ4 is stupid though, too much of a good thing can be bad :) Anyhow, it's a DBZ mod which means stuff from DBZ only. You don't see Ford making Corvettes do you?? Exactly.

And why not Garlic Jr.? Why not Tien? Why not Yamcha? Why not...BULMA!? Because they are pointless. :)

Best answers
dbgt is just a joke db and dbz were the truly great anime but dbgt is nothing more then a rip off akira toriyama didnt want to work on it for alot of reasons 1 of those was they didnt want him to be the main artist designer and becuz of that he said **** dis and just left it so dbgt came on and people thought it would still be good....it SUCKED i mean db showed for like 9 years and dbz lasted just as long and people were use to the look of goku,krillin,vegeta,gohan,piccolo,trunks,goten and all the others and dbgt looked nothing like the orginals aside from that they made it into a action Comedy db/dbz had jokes here and there but dbgt was just plain ol stupid wit that said...i hope and pray esf never adds any dbgt chars....thank you.....

Best answers
Exactly man, whoever thinks GT was good needs to see some real anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all u ppl babblin how it goes.. have u ever seen it?? i dont rele like it that much.. but at least it has a real point to the series than dbz.. not putting down dbz but dbz juss had enemy then fight.. enemy fight

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by imkongkong
all u ppl babblin how it goes.. have u ever seen it?? i dont rele like it that much.. but at least it has a real point to the series than dbz.. not putting down dbz but dbz juss had enemy then fight.. enemy fight
And the parts in between fighting were worse then the fighting. It wasnt the worse show. It was kinda like Pokemon in how it was made to make money. I dont consider it a real anime, then again I also dont consider DBZ to be one either. The SSJ4 thing was just silly. They didnt need to go that far. I thought SSJ3 was abit to far but 4 is just stupid. The point is that DBZ/GT were just not very good as far as anime goes. They did have awesome fighting scenes though!!!

Best answers
wtf you talkin bout Dbz was one of the greatest animes ever made why do you think it lasted so long? huh i mean look at the FACTS db has 270 or more eps dbz has like 300 or so DBGT has 45..:shocked: now think about that for just a minute if u read anything bout dbgt you would know the ONLY reason it lasted that long was Cuz they wanted to Bring out a Video Game and it didnt do well and btw ALL animes are ment for making money why the hell would they make them if it was not for money??? what you think they make them to make people happy dont think so ;/ :S

Best answers
Originally posted by SsJ_GoGeTa
wtf you talkin bout Dbz was one of the greatest animes ever made why do you think it lasted so long? huh i mean look at the FACTS db has 270 or more eps dbz has like 300 or so DBGT has 45..:shocked: now think about that for just a minute if u read anything bout dbgt you would know the ONLY reason it lasted that long was Cuz they wanted to Bring out a Video Game and it didnt do well and btw ALL animes are ment for making money why the hell would they make them if it was not for money??? what you think they make them to make people happy dont think so ;/ :S

Agree with ya totally man, but you have to admit its ironic that Akira wrote DB to mock anime and then wrote DBZ becuase the reaction to DB was so great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom