Why not adding classic characters like Yamcha and Tien!?

Best answers
So ESF team. .
Why not?
You want to follow the manga...
So you have to add those two at least with a buddy system
Ginuy force are having one... amd thoae are the worst characters in DBZ history EVER...
Tien and Yamcha are classics and they are in the entire manga...and TVseries... and they deserve to be in any DB and DBZ game....
So... instead of adding those two classics...
You are adding characters that follow only until Frieza saga....
And I want to shoot some badass KIKOHOUUU around...
Not wasting time on those mother f*ucking shitty Guildo... Cheese... Butter and whatever. ..
I must say.... not adding Yamcha and Tienshinhan is the only disappointing thing in ESF ...

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So ESF team. .
Why not?
You want to follow the manga...
So you have to add those two at least with a buddy system
Ginuy force are having one... amd thoae are the worst characters in DBZ history EVER...
Tien and Yamcha are classics and they are in the entire manga...and TVseries... and they deserve to be in any DB and DBZ game....
So... instead of adding those two classics...
You are adding characters that follow only until Frieza saga....
And I want to shoot some badass KIKOHOUUU around...
Not wasting time on those mother f*ucking shitty Guildo... Cheese... Butter and whatever. ..
I must say.... not adding Yamcha and Tienshinhan is the only disappointing thing in ESF ...
What is your problem?

Best answers
I don't have a problem. ..
Just being honest.
In every Dbz game you go with the basic characters....Yamcha and Tien are one of those...
Not having them in your list is a flaw.
Naturally they should be one of the first characters that should be planned...
And already making characters like Ginuy force...wich in my opinion are the worst in DBZ... instead of the classics..
Is weird...

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The roster is set already. There's gonna be plenty of playable characters.
Adding more characters takes a lot of work. We are still working on the ones we have.
Each character needs a model, that model needs to be textured. Then it needs its own set of animations.
Not to mention sounds, and effects for their attacks. All this takes time.
Although they where important in the original Dragonball series, Yamcha and Tien really didn't do much (except die) in the Z series.
They were quickly outclassed once super saiyans came about. This is why they weren't included in our mod.
The current roster includes: Goku, Gohan, Trunks, Vegeta, Krillin, Piccolo, Buu, Cell, Freeza, Captain Ginyu, and Android 18.

Best answers
I dont think we need more playable characters to be honest, they already added a lot more characters than we used to have, not to mention increase the number of transformations plus the buddy system.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We need Vegetto. Ki Sword is the only technique I need.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for starters, "following the manga" isn't really a good enough reason to add Tien and Yamcha into the game. There's a lot of things that could be added that are from the manga but don't. A lot it has to do with the amount of work it takes, especially when adding those characters to the game. Some of you guys make these suggestions and then go to complain to the team about how long they're taking on the game. It's not like characters just magically get created with little effort, it would take time to do all the animations, moves, effects, and all of that stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well, Mr. Satan with fat Buu in a buddy System would be nice :D

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tien would be an interesting character to add to the roster, but just like yamcha his relevance in DBZ is null. (He held back Cell, what a badass... lol). I can't remember if Ginyu was in 1.2.3, but to me he seems like another pointless character. It just boils down to a matter of preference and personal taste.
The only thing I really wanted in 1.2.3 was complete transformations, like perfect cell, Ssj2 Gohan, etc. In Final, we're not only getting every transformation in DBZ, but a ton of new features, upgraded visual effects, badass animations and an innovative but true-to-the-original melee system. There's plenty of HL mods (Cry of Fear) that have taken a ton of years to complete and have turned out mediocre at best.

From what has been shown so far, ESF is the most professional looking HL mod to date and sets the bar very high for what can be accomplished through dedication and pure talent. I'm sure they have something up their sleeve regarding custom models.

YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if someone wants the characters like Yamcha or Tienshinhan etc, ECX version would be a good choice.

PS. it weird why you guys prefer saying "character" to "role" :3:3

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
why?

Because no one likes them enough plus their among the weakest characters in the series.

Best answers
I am not entirely sure if Krillin is stronger, I just feel like Krillin had more screen time in DBZ due to the Frieza Saga and the fact he didn´t die when Nappa and Vegeta invaded Earth.

But after the Frieza Saga, humans fell in terms of their power substantially since Saiyans have access to the super saiyan transformation and enemies are generally 50 or more times stronger easily, there is no human at that point that could go 1v1 Frieza, maybe his second and third form, but after that they would get demolished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom