Why is there a tele-delay?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont care if you think there should be a tele-delay or not. I dont care if you hate the tele-delay. I just want to hear something other than the "to stop scripters and mouse scroller people" reason. Scripting = no ki left for you = i kill you. Mouse scroller = no ki = i kill you. So what was wrong with teleporting freely?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I dont care if you think there should be a tele-delay or not. I dont care if you hate the tele-delay. I just want to hear something other than the "to stop scripters and mouse scroller people" reason. Scripting = no ki left for you = i kill you. Mouse scroller = no ki = i kill you. So what was wrong with teleporting freely?
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=46440&page=2

I can't help you if you want to hear something other than that, but that is the only answer. We (development team and tester team) saw that people could teleport from one end of the map to the other end of the map using binds and scroll-mice. And we didn't want that in our game, so we put in a 1/10th second delay which is enough to stop binds but not enough to influence gameplay to an extreme extent. And as it has already been expressed many times before, this tiny delay will remain a permanent feature of Earth's Special Forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom