Why i won't be playing 1.3

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the new fingerlazer doesn'T work like this one, you can in theory still dodge it. Nontheless we will try to take care of such things, however there is always a way around the system.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I believe there is always a way.
But its like DJ said if you are afraid of it then go play single player games.
Even then the bots are cheating hahaha when they kill you.

I believe in the team that they will do theyre best to prefend it as much as possible.
Oh and DJ beer for anyone but if you come to the netherlands you get a bonus.
Weed and get high and not get busted XD

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
dude i'm kidding i can't wait for esf 1.3 final.

But seriously we need to work out day night cycle before launch even?

Is that a hint that the release is very close? I just bought Halflife on steam even though i had halflife:source

Why? it should be obvious.
It's okay guys he was just kidding this whole time.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Or he just came to see the truth to what everyone was saying and instead of saying "Ok guys I get it now :)" he just says he's kidding.

Meh, either way it doesnt matter how he says it if he realizes that ESF is a game which requires skill and timing, not just aim.

Also, EVERY game has a cheater so I don't know what this was all about in the first place.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or he just came to see the truth to what everyone was saying and instead of saying "Ok guys I get it now :)" he just says he's kidding.

Meh, either way it doesnt matter how he says it if he realizes that ESF is a game which requires skill and timing, not just aim.

Also, EVERY game has a cheater so I don't know what this was all about in the first place.
Hi, Bob.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Right now I'm enjoying just thinking about playing this with the people from the community. I was never good at ESF 1.2.3, due to not having a stable internet connection and then just playing around with the bots offline. But I still enjoyed it, and in the future I'll be able to put more effort in, so I hope I can knock some of you peeps down!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
If I ever start getting knocked down in any way, instead of getting mad I instead turn that into a game of seeing how best I can die, and try to die in the funniest manner/place possible.
...I am the weird one, aren't I D:

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
By the way, Aimbot does help someone play a billion times better in this game where you have to keep your aim on the other person and swoop to an angle of them. Etc. And you can sit and run on and on about how Aimbot doesn't make so much a difference, and how you can own someone who uses it, blah blah blah.

But that doesn't make it any more fun to be playing legit and have some retard come in cheating and ruining the game.

Do does all those lame ass Scripts /binds for people to swoop with 1 key press, and instantly charge / teleport after from binds.... do entire combos with 1 key... Etc.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Combos with 1 key ? If that is even possible its useless. You must be quite bad to not be able to make a combo alone lol.

I do agree scripts aren't fair play. As for aim botters, haven't seen any on official servers so I guess they're quite rare.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By the way, Aimbot does help someone play a billion times better in this game where you have to keep your aim on the other person and swoop to an angle of them..
Thats just it. You can not angle with aimbot. All you can do is get headons, because you have perfect aim. In order to angle properly you must have a "flawed" aim. Besides anyone who uses aimbot to play the game probably has terrible KI control, because he is to busy turning it on and off all the time.

Quite honestly for a test we had an auto aim feature in the inteam for ESF back when we were still doing Open Betas. And everyone played a lot better with that thing dissabled.

So i know from experience that aimbot doesnt help you play ESF better. Your KI management does that.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats just it. You can not angle with aimbot. All you can do is get headons, because you have perfect aim. In order to angle properly you must have a "flawed" aim. Besides anyone who uses aimbot to play the game probably has terrible KI control, because he is to busy turning it on and off all the time.

Quite honestly for a test we had an auto aim feature in the inteam for ESF back when we were still doing Open Betas. And everyone played a lot better with that thing dissabled.

So i know from experience that aimbot doesnt help you play ESF better. Your KI management does that.
You absolutely can angle with an aimbot. Aimbots don't need to be on 100% of the time. You can bind it to a key, so that it will only autoaim for you when you hold this button down. That's a pretty big advantage, and makes angling pretty easy.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can activate the aim with a click of a button, so once you're out of opponent's view, you turn the aim on and punch him.

EDIT: Damn Sub.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You absolutely can angle with an aimbot. Aimbots don't need to be on 100% of the time. You can bind it to a key, so that it will only autoaim for you when you hold this button down. That's a pretty big advantage, and makes angling pretty easy.
Heh never had that happen to me. Usually people who used aimbots could barely maintain their KI. Never saw one that would actually be able to time an aimbot activation to a precise time for an angle. Especially since its easier to simply swing the mouse at that very moment and do an angle by hand instead of always keeping an extra button at the ready ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't justify your bullshit about aimbot being useless in ESF, Grega!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You can activate aim with scripts, biggest problem is KI managment.

Raven, can you coded in final esf version, that game (engine) will not support "alias" commands in users .cfg ?

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Heh never had that happen to me. Usually people who used aimbots could barely maintain their KI. Never saw one that would actually be able to time an aimbot activation to a precise time for an angle. Especially since its easier to simply swing the mouse at that very moment and do an angle by hand instead of always keeping an extra button at the ready ^^
Hey man no offense, but I play every day almost. I've researched what hacks are used in haflife engine, how they work all that. The script system, how binds can be made. I dove in just enough to see what 'cheating' there is and how it functions, including literally running flawless bot as the 'player' you are. And laughing while it thomps the person you're playing against, thinking you're actually pitting your ability in the game against a human being, when infact it's flawless mode bot.

My original post has a slightly offending title, it's to draw the attention to the point. The point was, - And it was answered by Raven.- "Will the team take action to make it extra difficult to 'cheat' at all in ESF Final" His answer is in this thread "Action will be taken to try to prevent it"

Or something like that, i'm sure that's close enough to what he stated, i'm not super concerned with actually quoting it, since that's the general message he stated if i'm not completely mistaken.

And derp obviously i'd 'try' to play Final, but if the game ends up as flooded with cheating as the old ESF build that people still play: ("Yes i understand it's old and all that jazz, and it's a poor example of what final will be") Then my point is that the only people who will be having the fun that should be had out of Final would end up being the people who ignorantly go out of their way to basically strip it of all of the actual play-factor the team is working so hard on making so incredible; By; making a buncha lame crap to make it so a 5 year old could sit infront of the PC and type crap to you running a set of lame arse scripts and hax etc etc as formensioned.

I'm not bringing all this sort of stuff up and making a stink to be disruptive, it's because i really enjoy the game when no one is obviously cheat'n on the basic mod in some fashion, including swoop script. Infact I know how to use the swoop bind where you only have to hold down the key to swoop, but i refuse to use it after trying it out and discovering people link binds together to more easily swoop-teleport-swoop-hit-charge- etc etc. I rather actually do it the way the game was designed, as in playing the game. I don't play street fighter and put all the combos into a script and run it to win... I don't feel that way about ESF either, And feel no one should ever be able to actually play like that on a pure server. It's just lame. And yeah i understand that Final has one press swoopin and a lot of other things will make lots of the 'bind cheating' / aimbot completely useless anyhow, but ya know...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well we made sure the most obvious binds no longer work. Turbo charge will result in you loosing KI instead of gaining it, due to the charged turbo mechanic. And swoop script is pointless since you have a swoop button that kinda does the same thing as the script itself.

A different feature makes a teleswoop script useless to. And doing a teleport script like in 1.1, will result in you being unable to swoop or teleport for 10 seconds or so.

But i would still like to play against you once though (1.2.3 ofcourse) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom