Why doesn't the team want to implement Movie chars?

Best answers
cuz they were making this a dragonball Z mod and trying to use the chars from the Z series.

so that means no dragonball , no dragonball gt , and NO movie chars

Best answers
Still, I don't see why it is such a problem, as far as I know lots of people wouldn't mind have movie characters in. It's a decision, but based on what? Why wouldn't you want to do it? Is it too much work? Balance problems? what? Maybe too much characters? I don't really care all that much but it would stop posts from newcommers asking why we don't add brolly/coola/whoever. All the time the answer is because the team decided so... That's nice but all decision are based on something or else it's a worthless decision, I would like to know that reason. Why won't you add movie chars?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm not sure.. but the tree of might was from a dbz movie :scared:

Best answers
I dunno. I always thought it was due to balancing reasons, since brolly is overpowering. And then alot of other movie characters didn't have enough transformations or attacks. But now i see Ginyu and #18 being added so that kinda nulls that theory out..

The Tree Of Might is just a map which isn't gonna unbalance anything, so they can get away with using that :p

Best answers
well yea.. it's true.. it's just a decision made by the mod owners.. but they ARE the owners so it's THEIR game.

though i would like to see Li Shenron the 7th black star dragon ^^
his transformations would be easy.
First he's normal with 1 dragonball. and his first trans would be with all the dragonballs and then a third would be a powerup
and no i dont wanna download the model hehe cuz i dont wanna replace anything in a good game.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I truly believe that one purpose behind the "no movie characters" was the fact that the team got sick of all these threads begging for all these different characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably just becuase the team doesn't want people begging for all the different characters and techniques used in the movies. That and the movies were never really meant to take place in the Z storyline..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The answer is simple. It's based on the SERIES of Dragonball Z.

*hopes he's right and hasn't made a fool out of himself* xD

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The characters in the movies are stupid, plain and simple. Turlis was just another saiyan with a tail, Brolli was harder to kill than Buu, Cooler and metal cooler were the same as frieza and metal frieza. Brolli is the most commonly requested character, and what people don't realize is that with balancing brolli would be killable, and therefore would lose 99% of his cool factor. The only thing *at all* that he had going for him in the movies was that he was nearly impossible to kill, and we can't have that in ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would like to see some movie characters be implemented in game like brolli, where everyone would fight against the strongest enemy. Brolli would have a large amount of PL and speed, turlus as well.. bojack and janemba too. all the fighters would then go against that monster player. if the monster player can kill everyone he stays that character for the next round. whoever kills that player will then get to be that player.. sort of a king of the hill type of thing

EDIT: well garlic jr was in the series for his second appearance.. not all movies are not based on what happens in the series

Best answers
I think implementing movie characters is a bad idea due to many reasons. For one the movies never had a place in the story plot of the series, they were just side stories created to make more money or to add in characters that never made it to the series.

I believe there is plenty of characters through the Z series to satisfy a DBZ mod.

Best answers
Hmm i think i can see a big reason why now. You add one movie character and you'll get others screaming "you added this one, so you should add that one too!"
It means more models, animations, sprites , sounds and code for each character. And there's already alot of work to be done since some characters have up to 4 transformations. probably something like (rough guess) character 29 models just for the current characters with all transformations. Poor DT :(
Im suprised the team is adding in anymore characters really..

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only cool character was Jamemba or Jalemba, whatever that dood is.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's janemba, and i also dont see wy.
i can realy understand brolli but then again, i dont like him.
i like to have a hildegarn mode, that the hildegarn is a bot that can change in dust to escape.
and a friend of my realy want's tapion in it, almost the same as trunks but then with his own attacks.
i can think of just one thing that they dont want it, they dont know what they have to give on the attack thing.
janemba is easy but like tapion is verry dificuld.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd like to see you pull 215+ anims out just to please the fans, there already redoing the rest, they dont need more as well, 213 anims times by how many characters they are add up REAL quick, dont forget the fact it needs to be modeled, mapped, skinned, coded in sprites for the attacks, sounds for him, its a helluva lot of work for just one character :X

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just implent them as bots, come one, its just a freaking multiplayer game.

I think it would be fun to fight against them as bots.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
The characters in the movies are stupid, plain and simple. Turlis was just another saiyan with a tail, Brolli was harder to kill than Buu, Cooler and metal cooler were the same as frieza and metal frieza. Brolli is the most commonly requested character, and what people don't realize is that with balancing brolli would be killable, and therefore would lose 99% of his cool factor. The only thing *at all* that he had going for him in the movies was that he was nearly impossible to kill, and we can't have that in ESF.
If you ask me thats not a good reason. I accept the fact that Brolli will not be in the game but your arguements are silly.

Buu for example was basically unkillable in the show. The only thing that was able to stop him was the spirit bomb. So why is it that he can be killed by simple ki blasts? Or a punch to the face?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh I'm not arguing that the characters on the show aren't ridiculous, I'm just saying the ones in the movies were worse. If the team wanted to add more characters they already have a number they could add from the series that are not overpowered just by their nature (Tien/androids/other miscelanious villains like Nappa and whoever).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom