Why do you need Counter Strike or half life?

Best answers
Kain, Why did you have to go and remind me of half life graphics when i am downloading the thing...? :(...

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'v got a P2 350 proces 128 ram and a Gforce 4 and it work's good at a nice fps 20 lol but it still works and if Postal 2 and quake 3 work's on your pc the game will work at 60 fps no problem

Best answers
john_volkov said:
I'v got a P2 350 proces 128 ram and a Gforce 4 and it work's good at a nice fps 20 lol but it still works and if Postal 2 and quake 3 work's on your pc the game will work at 60 fps no problem
wow. Someone needs a new computer :shocked:

I have a P4 2.8 ghz, 1 gig of ram, GeForce 6600 256 mb. video card.

www.newegg.com. Put it on your favorites. It will be your new favorite site :laff:

Best answers
hey John, how do i decrease my fps? i have a p4 but only 128 mb ram so i have problems playing the game

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vinay87 said:
hey John, how do i decrease my fps? i have a p4 but only 128 mb ram so i have problems playing the game
Now why would you want to make your game more lagier.

In FPS its better to have a higher number.

60 FPS = 3 times bettar than 20 FPS ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Because cracking games is illegal and I never heard of needing a crack for a modification.
Correction, cracking games is not illegal. When you buy a game, you're buying the rights to the game. You can do whatever the hell you want to your installation of that game. Hell, you paid for it.

It is, however, illegal on these boards.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cracking a game is illegal.

Wikipedia.org said:
Software cracking is the modification of software to remove encoded copy prevention. Distribution of cracked software ("warez"), or patches to circumvent software protection on software (commonly known as "cracks") is generally an illegal (or more recently, criminal) act of copyright infringement

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org
Software cracking is the modification of software to remove encoded copy prevention. Distribution of cracked software ("warez"), or patches to circumvent software protection on software (commonly known as "cracks") is generally an illegal (or more recently, criminal) act of copyright infringement

Note the bold text. Cracking a game is not illegal. Distributing it, however, is.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
Correction, cracking games is not illegal. When you buy a game, you're buying the rights to the game. You can do whatever the hell you want to your installation of that game. Hell, you paid for it.

It is, however, illegal on these boards.
You aren't buying the rights to the game and no, you can't do whatever you want with it. You know that modifications are considered illegal? Though most game companies don't really mind but there are some that will sue you for what you're worth if you modify any part of their product. Not to mention a number of game companies have made it extremely difficult to create modifications for their products.

Cracking a game is illegal. The only reason why the quote stated that it's illegal to distribute it is because if the crack was made by someone who kept it to themself without ever releasing or mentioning it, they wouldn't be suspected of anything. Now if you go and distribute it, that's a different story.

Wikipedia.org said:
Distribution of cracked software ("warez"), or patches to circumvent software protection on software (commonly known as "cracks") is generally an illegal (or more recently, criminal) act of copyright infringement
You just can't say cracking isn't illegal and that distributing cracks is. It's like saying downloading a copyrighted song (for free from a P2P program) isn't illegal but distributing it/sharing it is. If it's not illegal if you don't distribute it then why is it illegal if you distribute it? Cracking a game is cracking a game, no matter how you place it. Those who distribute cracks are more noticable and are more prime targets (and more noticable) than someone who didn't distribute it, but either way it's still illegal. That's how they try to stop things like this though, they try to find the souce of it which usually ends up being a couple of programmers/hackers/whatever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wikipedia.org said:
A Perpetual License entitles its holder to own licensed rights to a product for the entire life of the product. Often used in Software Licensing.
Now, I'm done arguing. If you wish to argue further, feel free to PM me. This thread has gone WAY off-topic. But if you choose to PM me (Rather than savor what dignity you have left), I'll be waiting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Camek said:
but damn,im not sure if my computer can handle half life,to run the dbz game..
If your computer can't handle Half-life, you're about 20 years overdue for an upgrade.

Best answers
I could crack the game easily i cracked postal,theres alot of people online who will share what you need,but id rather just buy it because its a pain to crack it...and doesnt run as smooth,but after i get it how do i start the DBZ game?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First you need a valid copy of Half-Life. Then you need to download Steam, create an account, and register your Half-Life CD-key into Steam. After you do that, you must wait until Half-Life is downloaded and updated from the Steam server. Then you are required to run Half-Life at least once before you are able to install ESF. When you install ESF, it should automatically find you Half-Life directory in the SteamApps folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom