Why do people need to be biased?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm getting tired of this, why are people brainwashed towards being biased?

I have all three 7th generation game systems, all three have their ups and downs, but I don't go around the streets telling people that they fail at life because they have only a 360, PS3, or Wii.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Neither do most people. Only Phatslugga does that. What's your point?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I pretty much have every console, people who compare systems and are actually convinced that one's better than the other are either fanboys, idiots, or both.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I had NES or any other way you call it, there was some cool 2D games...Now I have PS (yes, not 2nd, nor 3rd). I used to play some of the games with my friend with his PS2, but I prefer to have only PC for some reasons. (To the hell with PS, Of course I want PS3 or something of that category, but there's not much of the games to buy in the whole Lithuania of PS3 you know ಠ_ಠ )

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I own a Wii, and generally prefer it over the other two. Of course it would be stupid to say that they're awful, they have a fair few good points and the Wii isn't perfect by any means, but I know what I prefer. None of them have bombed or are inherently flawed (CD-i style), so they're all decent choices. It's down to preference.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have owned all 3, I sold the ps3 but I still consider it the best of the 3.

360 has all the games unfortunately, the ps3 has the far better machine and setup. It was a media monster, I had every CD I owned+ 3 seasons of lost+heroes on it, and it integrated with my PC's content more efficiently than the 360. Blu-rays looked amazing on my HDTV, and it upscaled regular DVDs beautifully.

but thats all I used it for unfortunately, blu-rays aside the 360 did all of these things as well, just not as good (not to mention all of my games were for 360, I only rented for ps3) . I needed some money and it netted more on craigslist than the xbox, thats what it boiled down to.

the wii? if you homebrew it its not bad, but as is the highest rated game Monster Hunter is nearly a direct port of a playstation 2/psp game (graphics included), it even controls exactly the same, doesnt use any of the fancy schmancy motion controls at all, so why didnt they continue production of the ps3 version :( :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think most people are biased, I just think they might have a strong opinion about something. How do you define bias? I define it as a unjustified preference toward something. For instance, if I preferred the PS3 over all the other next-gen systems, but couldn't tell you why, would I be biased? Yes. Is that the case? No, not if you've read any of my posts. There's nothing wrong with letting past experience influence your taste/beleifs/actions. It's when you only let your past experience influence them, and refuse to try to see the other side of the argument that it starts to cross the line into bias.

If you think I'm biased, then you're mistaken. I have legitimate reasons, past experience, along with personal preferences that compose my opinion. How I choose to express those opinions is my choice, and clearly, some people can't handle that. In fact, before any of the systems came out, beleive it or not, I was most excited for the Wii. I thought it would have a ton of potential and change gaming forever. In reality, after playing it for a week I realized that it was just a gimmick that became more annoying and tiresome than anything else. So you can call me biased all you want, but if that were true, I'd still be playing my Wii, trying to convince myself and everyone else that I'm having fun playing the greatest system ever made.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is not about Phatslugga, this is about just about every gamer in America who has illogically based opinions towards only liking one system, and I think it's bull****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is not about Phatslugga, this is about just about every gamer in America who has illogically based opinions towards only liking one system, and I think it's bull****.
Well, that's good to hear. Still though, There are tons of gamers that can tell you exactly why they hate or like a system over the other, and at the same time, there are plenty who can't. It's always going to be like that, but I don't see how you can just say every gamer in America is biased. Also, not sure why you're specifically saying American gamers are biased....

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because he is biased? :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can only hate a console for it's controller.

And, even then you can get only hate the 360 for failing at fighting games... and, fixing it with an arcade pad.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because for some reason, some people feel a need to justify their purchases to others.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because the internet is filled is angsty, angry, digitally aggressive, smug, irritable, rude, combative males who think their intelligence grants them to behave in this manner, and because the internet is so impersonal on forums, they're 'too cool for school' when it comes to etiquette.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;ioqxZitukVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioqxZitukVc[/video]

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People are biased about everything.

Get a discussion on a forum about religion and you'll get religious bias and aethiest bias.

The law of mankind is that nobody wants to agree on anything. We're all pretty damn unique and I think that's a good thing.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What if our individuality seperates us from the rest of the universe... and that's a BAD thing?

I honestly wish their was one console, one controller, and one license... but, there's this thing called competition... and it brings out the best and WORST of people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What if our individuality seperates us from the rest of the universe... and that's a BAD thing?

I honestly wish their was one console, one controller, and one license... but, there's this thing called competition... and it brings out the best and WORST of people.
Do you? I mean I guess in an ideal world if there was only one system controller and license you'd think they'd be the best. In reality though, without competition, the product made tends to be lacking quality. Let's not confuse individuality with bias either, they're two different things.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this is why you have government-based regulations for products to be geared towards civilian-defense initiatives.

A case like video-games is where you can consider the software knowledge and hand-eye coordination skills involved to be a benefit to humanity.

Thankfully, we have Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all applying this thesis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom