Why did/do you like DB/Z/GT?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im curious as to why most people like or liked DB/Z/GT? Im sure everyone has their reasons and I would love to hear yours.

My reason as to why I love DBZ is because of the power. Think about it. You can fire pure energy out of your hands/eyes/mouth and it is able to cause extreme damage to something. Being able to reach down deep, feeling that hidden spark, and suddenly grabbing that spark with all your might to ascend to a new power. Your physical being changes. You become stronger and faster. You become more cunning in battle. You are able to fly through the air as if you knew about it since you were born. The knowledge of the martial arts and fantastic battles that take place. The feeling of adreniline rush through your body as you scream in anger and fire an energy blast out of your hands, to only end up colliding with your opponents, in which a heated struggle takes place as you two fight over and push eachother's beams back at one another. I think this reason is why my favorite dreams are when I have this power and can use it. When I can just jump in the air and fly around, dodging my opponent as he hurls his fists in rage. The way my heart pounds as I yell out the name of my move and actually feel the push on my hands as energy is formed into a physical structure that damages anything in its way. The way I wake up from that amazing dream, disappointed to know that it will never come true in this astral plane. That is why I love DBZ.

Now what is your reason?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to the anime section.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ironically, I used to find DBZ annoying until I was about in 5th or 6th grade. Dragonball caught my eye more then I gradually liked DBZ. It is one of the few shows I know where there are a select few that need a whole landscape/planet to fight in. The idea of using life energy to blow up things and being able to move at such speeds was mind bogolling. And the idea of a "Super" form of a saiyan also caught my eye since I already liked Sonic the Hedgehog.

Currently, I love DBZ's fighting style. People can say what they want about the storyline, grunting, and dialouge, but that doesn't take away from the effect the fighting has. It's generic enough so that I can incorporate it into my animations and it is very fun to do.

People sometimes get pissed when they see DBZ thematics in an animation, but perosonally, I'd rather take knocking a person back through a mountain and then shooting a giant wave of light at him then slow street fighting.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When it aired on morning tv that's when my addiction started.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way they power up. I mean, don't you get that feeling that they are, truly, powerfully, constipated?

Really though, its because of the teleportation, flying, and uber beams. Not super uber, but being able to shoot a beam the size of a 19' CRT.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've watched half of the episodes of DB, All DBZ episodes, and all DBGT episodes. DragonballZ is far of my favorites of all 3. The reason why is because their powers, attacks, speed, transformation in the Z series. Dragonball is nice, but it lacks in realy fighting that Z has. Further then that, DBGT is not really bad in my opinion, its nice. But i can't say its really good, but it is fun to watch if you want something new.

Best answers
Isnt the type of power the characters in DBZ have that atracts people to it? So many would love to do that and well all of them can simply dream on like kidboy said. I personally love the kind of "power" represented in the series. There are flaws here and there though, like how perfect that the whole universe has the same set of basic melee movements. But let's not get into that. :3
Also I'd skip the yelling out "random movement name here" part. Always found that detail rather dumb, mind me.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Rayna said:
Isnt the type of power the characters in DBZ have that atracts people to it? So many would love to do that and well all of them can simply dream on like kidboy said.
Exactly, when i first saw DBZ on the TV on Cartoon Network, Goku did his first kamehameha wave, that was in the first episodes of DBZ. It was amazing, just the wave he did, excited me in a way that i wanted to see more episodes, so i kept watching everyday. And i barely missed any episode. But then Cartoon Network was playing DBZ in loops all the time, from the Frieza saga, back to the first episode, that was really annoying.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always used to fantasize about a cartoon like just that, where people could use solid energy to fight with. But in my childhood there never were any cartoons like that. The only thing we had was Gi Joe, the Turtles, MASK. You get the picture. When I was about 16 years old they started to broadcast DBZ on cable here. I was addicted right away.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
I always used to fantasize about a cartoon like just that, where people could use solid energy to fight with. But in my childhood there never were any cartoons like that. The only thing we had was Gi Joe, the Turtles, MASK. You get the picture. When I was about 16 years old they started to broadcast DBZ on cable here. I was addicted right away.
Same here.Turtles and Flintstones and Bugs Bunny >_>>_>
At first i thougth OMG DragonballZ suckz.
Then after work i came home (3-4 years ago i think :/) turned TV on, and there was nothing on.
Then i zapped and there was DBZ on and Vegeta Flying somewhere as an SSJ, i think it was sometime in the Cell Saga.
From that day on i got addicted.
Cause it was cool whenthey went SSJ and had Rocks flying up and stuff like that.And the fighting is/was awesome.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
^_^, in DBGT they just added to much power that it became unreal. Even though some characters in DBGT are nice, but way to over powered. Which made it not that great, besides that point. Z is the best of all.

Best answers
Explain to me what exacly was real about DBZ in the first place. :3
But I do get your point.
DBGT was the exagerated version of an very unlikely and deformed future of the DBZ series.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why I dislikes GT was there was hardly any hand to hand combat. Just beams and weird overpowered attacks. The new voice actors also made it less appealing for me.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
The reason why I dislikes GT was there was hardly any hand to hand combat. Just beams and weird overpowered attacks. The new voice actors also made it less appealing for me.
Yeah,

We had the Ocean dub here, the guys in USA probably funimation.

Funimation GT still has the same voices, while the Ocean GT has different voices.

I think that the freeza saga, here in the Netherlands had the funimation voices and they changed back to Ocean when Trunks met Goku after Trunks Pwned Frieza.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I was trying to record something at 6 or 7AM on a Saturday, i think i was still in high school then:p Well anyways, i taped whatever i needed (No way in hell i was going to wake up THAT early to watch something) I ended up recording episode 2 of DBZ too, the pioneer dub at that. All i remember is Radditz kicking Krillin and all of a sudden it was the coolest anime ever. From then on i watched all.. 58 episodes? Pioneer stopped dubbing it short, right when Goku starts fighting Jeice and Burter i believe. I remember waiting for the next episode and seeing it start at #1 again!! I watched all the episodes again thinking there was some error.. again at the end of the episode it started at #1!!! I remember waiting soo long until Funimation decided to pick it up, 5Pm on weekdays, man... those new voices sucked so bad. It's probably the only anime i watched with english dubbed voices, besides Gundam Wing(Ocean Group dubbed that though, the same voices that did the early episodes of DBZ and the first 3 movies) Ahh.. anime is soo much better in it's original format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom