Best answers
When i go into Gmax i go open go to the models but none come up and if i go all files i cant open anything it comes up with errors why?

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think your trying to open and mdl file? You can't open those directly

You need to use milkshape 3d and decompile the model. Then import the (model) smd to milkshape 3d (There will be many smds, 1 will be the model the rest animations) and then export as an Autodesk 3ds file.

I haven't looked at Gmax, but in 3d studio max your able to import 3ds files.

Good luck.

Best answers
If i try to open a smd file in Gmax it wont work the only things it lets me Import are other things and open is only for Gmax files :(

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like someone will have to write a maxscript for Gmax in order to allow you to import .wrl files before you'll be able to do it.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to read what I posted again. You can't import smd files into Gmax, you have to import the smd to Milkshape 3d then export it as an Autodesk 3ds. In normal 3d studio max you can import 3ds files. I am unsure if Gmax supports import though.

Best answers
I can't cause for some reason my version of MilkShape is expired when i reg it says i gotta restart the program so i do then it says " My thing was expired so i have to run it for 2 minutes". So i do but then i still can save or anything

Best answers
nah i suck at that all i reckon i can do is edit later i can make my own than. BTW Love the name

Best answers
ya i started editing in ms3d before my free trial ended and i edited a few models and ya it is hard to use gmax(i think anywayz)
oo btw are u saying my name is good>?? if u are thx

Best answers
there is already a script to import smd files into Gmax, but it's got some problems. the faces are completly seperate from each other (meaning no smoothing for you), you need to weld some vertices, and reassign some bones .. ect. Unless you need the bones, the easiest way is to simply delete the bones and the skin modifier and smooth everything.

I'm sure that Gmax can import sd3 files. but since your milkshape has expired, you can't export/import anything, but you can still decompile, so decompile the mdl and import the smd. and make sure when you decompile the mdl to uncheck "animations" so that it only exports the mesh smd not the animation ones

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok I need to get in contact with one of the team members of ESF !!! I think a Fusion mode is possible... just need someone to talk about what it possible in the half life engine !!! So if anyone can help me find the adres of one of the Team members of ESF (The guys who're building the game) let me know asap !

Greetz,

Snake-D

P.s: This is NOT a joke, I prolly know how to add fusion to the game !!! It's not imposible !

[J]

Best answers
its not that they couldnt do it, its that they dont want to do it

Best answers
They didn't say they CAN'T, they say they WON'T because it's not a really good idea. It serves no purpose and is pretty stupid. You probably are going to say you take turns controlling the fused character. That is NOT a good way, since it's not fun waiting around for the other person to die, AND what is the character's name? It's just stupid. NO FUSION FOR YOU!

Best answers
topic going offtopic .
anyway .. ghp are doing it, but just as a transformation, and i think that's the only way it could be in esf, either a tranformation or a character already fused, and you know what, esf currently isn't team-oriented so it isn't such a good idea to have 2 players fuse together, IMHO the best thing is either a trans or a selectable character.

and about the engine capabilities, i don't see any relation to that with fusion. it IS possible to have a fusion in hl. the main thing the engine handels is graphics and stuff, and i think collition detection too? stuff like that. i am not sure thu, me no coder :p but i don't see any relation. and why not just ask here.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
*snif*

I'm feeling so silly right now... They really said they didn't want to do it ... I would love to see two characters combine...

Maybe we should request a model which features Trunks & Goten, like the model from Bid For Power

Is it possible to convert Bid For Power models to ESF ??? Cause it was a nice model ... Just needs a bit of work on the transformation animation...

Greetz,

Snake-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom