Why cant a demo run a mod

DMW

Best answers
Why is it that you cant play a total coversion mod for a game,using the demo.Is it because that a demo doesnt have all the files so therefore cant run a mod on it,it may be a dumb question but i wanna know for sure.Why cant a demo run a mod?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mods are incredibly popular, and if you could play a mod with just the demo, nobody would buy the full game.

DMW

Best answers
is that the only reason,i was wondering about files and such,cuz some games have a free trail(time limit,duh)but its the full game.And you can play til your times up,but you could play the whole game.If you beat the game within the time limit then its like beating the game after buying it.Is the only difference between a free trial and the full game is time limit.Then why wouldnt a mod work on it.The only reason i could think of a mod not working on a demo is that not all the files are there that are needed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMW said:
is that the only reason,i was wondering about files and such,cuz some games have a free trail(time limit,duh)but its the full game.And you can play til your times up,but you could play the whole game.If you beat the game within the time limit then its like beating the game after buying it.Is the only difference between a free trial and the full game is time limit.Then why wouldnt a mod work on it.The only reason i could think of a mod not working on a demo is that not all the files are there that are needed.
Well, yeah, that too.

Some companies don't put all of the files into a demo because they figure, that way it can't be cracked into a full version, and people can't use mods with it, so they kill two birds with one stone.

DMW

Best answers
Ok thank you for answering that question for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom