Why are sixteens nervous when they drive!?!?!?!?!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"not to mention alot of 16 year olds dont have quick enough reflexes to deal with incedents that could lead to a crash"

All of which is learned with experience. Driving for the first time is like being a kid with a new toy.

I'm 17 with my license, and from the driving I've seen, I'm better than a lot of the adult drivers out there.

Best answers
Most 16 year olds don't realize that the life of the person beside them is in their hands when they're driving, and vice versa, but I a few of them might be a little nervous because they're afraid that they'd mess up, and daddy'll take the car away. But, I think that 16 is the perfect age to start (maybe 14) because the younger they start, the faster they'll master it. It's also the age where most people want to go everywhere, and it saves daddy a headache...if he doesn't worry too much.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by God_Gundam
well what i heard or read in the news that 16 are 2 or 4 more times liek to get into accidents and 8 times more then 25 years old!!:cry:
yes just like if you had say... started playing the guitar when you were 16 you would be much better when you turned 25 because of the 9 years of practice. experience, i beleive is the key word.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the reason for my towns high schoolers are nervous driving is because during the winter 3 classmates dies in a crash:(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
what are you all scared to drive? lol what babys :S

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Well if you consider you're driving a big lump of metal which even at the lower speeds of 30 mph can kill or gravely injure someone on impact, is it really that surprising that people would be scared?

The whole experience is like when you first ride a bike (according to my dad), everything feels awkward but after a few days it's completely natural.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
dont drive a big hunk of metal drive a car :S

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by 1m4 0wn y0 455
u wanna know y 16 year olds r too young and nervous? because 16 year olds are morons with horomone problems. who wouldnt be nervous around some chump who just got their license and is only concerened about how fast they can make their $200 car go. not to mention alot of 16 year olds dont have quick enough reflexes to deal with incedents that could lead to a crash. like i said before they r morons. u got them listen to the music so 5 whole blocks can feel the shockwaves as the turn the corner and cant hear ****, prolly bobin their heads and then WHAM!!! instant sardines man. that 16 year old now has to be ripped from the car and the 50 year old he just ran into is now dead because he was a dumbass and to young to be driven.

answer your question?
That is a MASSIVE generalization. I rarely even listen to music when driving, let alone blare it at millions of db down a street. I can't care less about how fast my car can go (when I get one), because I would just be jeopardizing people's lives, and I am more than able to evade a careless driver.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True! I keep the music at a comfortable listening level. and I follow the speed limits, at all times, even at 3am, I go 40 in the 40, and 50 in the 50 zone.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
we can do 70 on the highway in FL :S my aunt does 90 :S

as does everyone eslse in fl :scared:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to drive 75-80 all the time in the 65 mph zones if nobody was around until one night i hit a deer... scared the hell outta me. Now I am just a little more careful when I drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom