Why are people DODGING so well?

Best answers
Just curious........i thought it was pure luck of whether u can guess the arrow right when it comes..

the arrow appears SO FAST be4 u can even think about what button to press. How do people manage to get all those arrows right? Is there a strategy for this? I've seen pros who dodged all 7 of my combos and kicked my ass..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moastly people are dumb enough to just bash the same directions all the time.

But you call those 2 seconds not enough time to press 1 arrow O.O

Its easy if you ask me ^^

Best answers
i dont mean 1 arrow, i mean the combos that require the dodger to guess like 10 arrows

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, unless your multi-tasking while playing ESF, it shouldn't be that hard.

Unless your reflex is ridiculously low.

Best answers
eh...everyone (noobs usually) think the same...when using adv melee... comboooo YEA COMBO...NO ONE KNOWS THOSE..so ill keep using it over and over...o noes how is he dodging...it's like he knows what im doing...before i do it.

yea the elipses are just there to annoy ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The trick is to zone out while fighting. Instead of focusing on just one thing at a time, you can focus on absolutely everything on the screen, which is what makes it easy to hit all of the arrows.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced melee is teh thing with teh arrows.

Melee as you call it is simple melee. It was the way ESF hat melee in the earlier betas. When you hit someone with that you send him flying instantly. You can swoop/teleport after him for a second hit. Also simple melee deals more damage than advanced melee. But its a bit harder to controll.
Not mutch though XD

Best answers
yeah the advanced melee kinda pisses me off.......

Whenever i do combos on someone, they counter/dodge it and kick my ass, and when they do combos on me i always cant keep up with the arrows.

nge

Best answers
You've got to have kinda slow reflexes to not catch what arrow to press- you've only got 4 options, and if it's a diagonal 2 of them will be correct. Most new players are under the impression that if they send lots of little attacks at them they'll freak their opponent out and kick their ass, but anyone who's even halfway decent can dodge the "top arrow speed" with no effort at all. You've got a much better chance sticking to mostly red hits (higher chance of appearing random, and if you hit away with it you'll send them flying and have more opportunities for damage.) You can also mix a few blue's and greens to change the pace so they don't get a feel for your rythem, but trying to mash your way into victory in advance melee is going to result in you dieing a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced melee is a pain, if you ask me. It's useful for... well, I actually can't think of anything. Dodging may take some practice, but you'll get used to it.

Best answers
what ru guys talking about? they only have to press 1 arrow?

then why in the name of Harry of Potter do i always have like 10 arrows to press when someone does a combo on me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps you should try reading the ESF manual. It is conveniently located in the ESF folder of your start menu.

nge

Best answers
You should be pressing the arrows as soon as they appear, not after the opponent starts punching.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Perhaps you should try reading the ESF manual. It is conveniently located in the ESF folder of your start menu.
i did....

it didnt tell me why i need to press 10 arrows when my enemies only have to press 1.

nge

Best answers
They press as many as you send. It's still really easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom