Why are people DODGING so well?

Best answers
im trying my hardest to up my post count for no reason so here goes...

(yea i was harsh) but it's the truth mix it up, put in some reds since they usually go random, and they go flying

but, it goes about that far, basic melee is much better, however i find adv is better for getting pl, so when i play with MAJOR noobs i use adv

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they're using the new block all of your combos even the ones where you have to press like 10 arrows script

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cut the sarcasm a bit, ok guys? I personally whore the prepunches, but I'm a jerk like that ;P Not like I could hold my own though if the other testers were going all out. But yeah, if you send all light attacks to them, they're probably all going to be blocked. Basically, the only way you're not going to be blocked is if the arrows comes up random, which means heavy attacks mostly into combos. Only way I actually land damage in ADV Melee.

Best answers
ok, so the harder the punch, the better chance of randoms, and the MORE punches, the MORE arrows right?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Counting prepunch. 6 prepunches gives you max combination time. So basicly when you hit him the 6th time and press muse 1 at that very moment you can input moast arrows. Over or under that is less.

Can be edited throo the console if you are the admin though ^^

Best answers
ohhhhhh so u can do more combos if u do exactly 6 hits....

what is muse 1 tho

Best answers
nge said:
You've got a much better chance sticking to mostly red hits (higher chance of appearing random, and if you hit away with it you'll send them flying and have more opportunities for damage.) You can also mix a few blue's and greens to change the pace so they don't get a feel for your rythem, but trying to mash your way into victory in advance melee is going to result in you dieing a lot.
Agreed Nge. Toss a red and some greens under it, if the red hits, it becomes a blockbreaker and the two greens instantly hit. I personally mix it up and throw maybe 2 reds a blue and some greens...but Im not saying how ;);)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personaly end evry attack with a red. So if you miss the last one be prepaired to be sent flying and getting an additional simple melee hit :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same here grega, OHH so now I know how to do a block breaker and what it's for, cool, thanks for that info, lol, never knew it, only appeared every now and then. BUT I think that you guys can't keep up with the arrows is because you looks at the characters and what they're doing maybe(cool animations), I used to do that in the beginning, so yeah, but than again that might only be stupid me.

Best answers
lol thats like watching the pritty fish while a shark nibbles ur arm

Best answers
donnierisk said:
Same here grega, OHH so now I know how to do a block breaker and what it's for, cool, thanks for that info, lol, never knew it, only appeared every now and then. BUT I think that you guys can't keep up with the arrows is because you looks at the characters and what they're doing maybe(cool animations), I used to do that in the beginning, so yeah, but than again that might only be stupid me.
No don't think like that :) When I upgraded from beta 1.00 to 2.3 I couldn't stop looking at all the new additions either.:yes: but yea :eek:fftopic for a sec: who knows a picture editing program I could download or buy off someone? I wanna try modeling. :back on topic: And about the title of this thread, I think alot of people dodge welll because they are veterans and/or train with bots alot before playing with other players. Personally I do the second option, but mainly because I didn't install into steam... :back offtopic for another second: Would it work if I copied and pasted the halflife folder into steam? Im curious as no-one has tried it or told me or anything. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom