WHOALLY ****!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just got back from town, i bought the new Megadeth record "United Abominations"

is it me, or have metal bands really stepped up a notch lately? first slayers latest album (ok so it's not THAT new...) Machine head, now Megadeth, all with massive returns to their previous levels of amazing. Metallica set for another album later this year...

oh man Metal is back the way it should be!

if only we could figure out how to kill bands like MCR....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had this album for a while, it's awesome. Sleepwalker and United Abominations are my favourite songs.

ALL HAIL MUSTAINE

Best answers
Ok, I haven't heard those albums, but I do have something to say about the next Metallica album.. First of all, St. Anger was complete crap, both lyrical and musical. Now, if you go to youtube, you can find live performances of 3 songs that will be on the next album (I'm sure you've seen them (heck, even live)).. Now, this is a personal opinion, those 3 songs just suck. They took the crap nu-metal riffs from St. Anger and added the ye olde lead guitar of Kirk, making it nu-metal with some sort of "hey, we used to have kickass solos, let's try to use them this time" and even more nu-metal, punkish lyrics and overal sound..

I love Metallica, but the crap they're putting up lately really makes me sick, seeing that they're so legendary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me when I say...

Megadeth > Metallica.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me when I say...

Megadeth > Metallica.
You know, 5 or so years ago, I would have been furious to hear that, but lately now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
\m/

There have been a bunch of great metal albums recently. United Abominations kicked ass, and Dream Theater's latest was just awesome. Supposedly Nevermore has some new stuff in the works too, but there hasn't been a whole lot on that, so it's probably a ways off yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me when I say...

Megadeth > Metallica.
Oh how right you are.

Also the new 3 Inches of Blood and Symphony X albums are bad freakin ass.

Everyone should listen to 3 Inches new CD.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Megadeth's last two albumns have been total kick ass. The System Has Failed and United Abominations are true thrash metal in an era when that music is supposedly dead.

The king is dead, long live the king!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just got back from town, i bought the new Megadeth record "United Abominations"

is it me, or have metal bands really stepped up a notch lately? first slayers latest album (ok so it's not THAT new...) Machine head, now Megadeth, all with massive returns to their previous levels of amazing. Metallica set for another album later this year...

oh man Metal is back the way it should be!

if only we could figure out how to kill bands like MCR....

lets make an ESF cult and take them out at there next concert.

On a side note... if only racer x would like get back together permanently, the world would be a better place

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets make an ESF cult and take them out at there next concert.
ZOMG internet conspiracy!!! We're gonna have our own documentary! Yay!

Look over there, it's Jack Thompson! Let's throw suspended law licenses at his head!

On-topic: I love the new albums, they're awesome in every sense of the word. Can't wait for Metallica's new album. It's probably gonna be amazing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do not share your optimism.
Seconded. Metallica was my favorite band for a long time, and I used to shin the non believers saying everything after the Black Album sucked, but now I agree with them. Metallica need to go back to being Metallica. If only Cliff didn't die :(. This world would have been such a better place. Oh well, long live true metal.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now hang on a second, Cliffs death was a tragedy, and he was an amazing player.

BUT, who is to say that if he were still alive, they would be as great as they are now? (and yeah, they ARE great, just declining). i think Newstead was a real badass bass player, his playing style was amazing, throwing his entire arm into his picking gave him an amazing tone. not to mention, he helped write the black album, which is one of the best selling, and best sounding albums EVER.

they started to decline after that, but they still had some awsome tunes. Fuel, The Memory Remains, No Leaf Clover.

i think if they can go back to the sound they had during the black album, they will be real badass again. this next album is really make or break for them. i think if it does badly it'll be their last studio album, they will keep touring, and everyone will say "man they sucked in the end..." if it's good, they might do more, but people will say "yeah they pulled it right out of their ass".

*shrug*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think what I was trying to say is that if Cliff didn't die they would keep up their bad assery and would still make albums like Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. I agree Newstead was a great bassist, but I feel like he was never part of the band after Cliff died, and even he and the other members of Metallica kind of thought that as well (I'm getting this from the movie they made).

I dunno I just think it would have been a lot better if Cliff didn't die, but I hope he is in Metal heaven throwin back a few with Dimebag. Maybe metal wouldn't have died also (twice).

Best answers
they started to decline after that, but they still had some awsome tunes. Fuel, The Memory Remains, No Leaf Clover.
No Leaf Clover is in my opinion one of the best song's they've ever made. Definately up there with One and Fade to Black.

....but thats just me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was never really a huge Metallica fan. I like some of there songs but I was never really into them. I like some megadeath and some select iron maiden songs over metallica.

I came across racer x and have been listening to some of there **** lately. paul gilberts the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom