Who has an xbox 360?

trunksfreak

T
Who has an xbox 360? Im not sure what it does exacly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.....i'm hoping that was a joke.

Best answers
i highly doubt it...he is in a new breed of stupid...

ontopic: it is a game system...in which you play games...and other such things it has a hard drive so u can listen to music...i dont have one.... gj

trunksfreak

T
Dirty said:
i highly doubt it...he is in a new breed of stupid...

ontopic: it is a game system...in which you play games...and other such things it has a hard drive so u can listen to music...i dont have one.... gj
fyi it was a joke

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a 360, it's pretty sweet. I'm probably gonna pick up Dead or Alive 4 here sometime soon, it looks so fun.

Retired
Best answers
I am going to say this once and only once.

either

A) you all act like mature people and stay on topic
B) I start warning and Close this thread

Best answers
I want to get it... However, I think that for all the people who dont have it yet, its best to stay away until new shipments arrive and are tested for any current flaws. Only after its proven the current problems are not affecting any of the systems, you should buy it. Why risk your cash?

System sure looks sexy, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[DoH]Soulicro said:
I want to get it... However, I think that for all the people who dont have it yet, its best to stay away until new shipments arrive and are tested for any current flaws. Only after its proven the current problems are not affecting any of the systems, you should buy it. Why risk your cash?

System sure looks sexy, though.
To be fair, for every one person that complains on some forum about how there 360 doesnt work, there is thousands of people whose work perfectly fine. Obviously they aren't gonna go around the internet talking about how theres works, so the negative side of it seems more prominent.

Best answers
I'm gonna wait til Revolution comes out. By that time the price on the systems will have gone down, and I'll have a better pick at the systems.

On the other hand, I may never get another system again.

And Hash, I must disagree. There are plenty of fanbois running around saying how awesome their Xbox 360 is.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O rly? I'm pretty sure you don't see fanboys dressing up their XBox-360's with a binkini or a braw, and then submit the photos to Playboy.

I'm pretty sure SOMEONE would do that but i'm just saying you don't see fanboys do that these days... sheesh..

I did it with my Game Boy classic.... with a marker. ;O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you dont have a TV that supports HD, theres little point buying one of the new consoles, except the Rev, but I dont know all that much about it. Why shell out money for a system you cant make full use of? Im going to be working full time this summer (thats 4 months long, high school suckers) for a decent $13/hr, so Im thinking about using some of that money to either deck out my current computer or simply build a new one. After the cost of games, controllers, and a new TV, they should come out to the same price. Unless MS gets some awesome games for its system in the next 8 months or so, I probably wont bother with the 360. Same goes for the forthcoming Sonybox.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
If you dont have a TV that supports HD, theres little point buying one of the new consoles
I can assure you, if you don't possess an HDTV, you shouldn't let it govern your decision of getting a 360 (or a PS3 down the road). Ya, the games do look better in HD, there's no doubt about it. But on a standard tv the games still look amazing. There isn't any real loss of detail or anything, colours aren't as vivid, and everything is jaggier. HD simply cleans up the image and allows a little more detail to show through. Enhancing an already awesome image.

To put it simply, when I hook the 360 up to my less than stellar 19" tv with zero HD, I would have to deliver a devastating roundhouse kick, Chuck Norris style, if someone said it was ugly.

Best answers
Hash: I agree, there are plenty of working '360s out there. However the sheer amount of complaints that Ive seen around the internet are not to be forgotten, and the number should have not reached that high of a number - or close to it.

frsrblch: There is a lot of hype about HDTV. Yes, it looks better on that than it does on a normal TV. However, from personal experience, switching from HD broadcasts to normal broadcasts on the livingroom TV doesnt show that big of a difference; yes, the colors are nice and there is higher definition... but it doesn't look good enough for me to switch to a normal channel and go "ew, the picture quality sucks."

In short, dont let that stop you from getting a 360. I personally dont have one, but I can assure you the games will look just as outstanding.

Best answers
I got one for Christmas, and I'm very impressed with it. I don't have a HD TV either, but the games still look fantastic in my opinion. I've not actually been able to see a 360 running in HD mode yet, but I get the feeling the difference shouldn't make or break a decision as to whether or not to get the console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had actually heard to the contrary, that without HD it was just a step above the Xbox. Good to hear that it wont kill the system without it. I guess that if MS can get a solid lineup of games, Ill definitely consider it. HD probably has a larger impact with larger TVs, and mines only 27", not one of those monstrous, room consuming things that my friend has.

I wasnt worried about it not working. By the time I go to buy one, all the little kinks will have been ironed out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
I can assure you, if you don't possess an HDTV, you shouldn't let it govern your decision of getting a 360 (or a PS3 down the road). Ya, the games do look better in HD, there's no doubt about it. But on a standard tv the games still look amazing. There isn't any real loss of detail or anything, colours aren't as vivid, and everything is jaggier. HD simply cleans up the image and allows a little more detail to show through. Enhancing an already awesome image.

To put it simply, when I hook the 360 up to my less than stellar 19" tv with zero HD, I would have to deliver a devastating roundhouse kick, Chuck Norris style, if someone said it was ugly.

actually hash, we hooked our in store 360 to an lcd non hd, and then its equivilent hd model, and the games still had anti-aliasing problems. i think m-soft really rushed this console out, and in the end itll ultimately show in sales.

your right in that the games arent ugly, but to say that the colours are any less vivid is silly. since hd does nothing to the colours themselves. theres just more dots of colour. the same colours will be there, they will just be defined better.

that being said, its an ok console. but my money is going on the ps3 winning the race.

Best answers
actually hash, we hooked our in store 360 to an lcd non hd, and then its equivilent hd model, and the games still had anti-aliasing problems. i think m-soft really rushed this console out, and in the end itll ultimately show in sales.
I've heard a lot of people complaining about anti-aliasing problems, but I've not had any. Could it be because I've got a fairly large non-HD TV, so everything is a little more blurry which in turn softens the edges?

I played the CoD 2 demo in Gamestation when they first got the 360 set up there, and I remember it having horrible aliasing problems, however I've seen nothing of the sort on my own set up. There's a complete lack of AF in CoD 2 though, which significantly hurts the graphics. What's strange is that AF doesn't have a huge performance hit, and CoD 2 is meant to be locked at a 60fps anyway for the most part.

Best answers
I dont but they say its pretty good and has great graphics you should get it

Best answers
i'm gonna have to agree with hash here, this thing looks great and runs fine on my COMMODORE monitor, the graphics are still far superior to any consoles out previously. All in all though its the games that draw me to a system not the graphics, so far DOA4, perfect dark zero, and kameo are not dissapointing in the least, i can imagine things will only get better form here on out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom