which was the better kevin smith film? (jay & silent bob if u dont kno)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the questions in the title :S

my fav was clerks.... actually its my fav film

Best answers
Clerks was definatly the best. I would love to see an actual sequel to that, even if it was in black and white.

Best answers
All of his movies were pretty good, but I prefer Dogma and Mall Rats.

George Carlin rules (Dogma & Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back).

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved all of them, though I loved Mallrats the least, followed by Dogma, Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Clerks was a work of art. All I can really say about it is that I'm glad he took feedback and chopped off the ending before releasing it, it was much more watchable that way and it may not have had the "sequels" otherwise.

Chasing Amy was easily the most mature of his movies and it was also very serious. I prefer it over every other movie besides J&S Strike Back. J&S Strike Back is only a great movie if you've seen all of the other movies in the series, otherwise it's just a dumb immature romp through insanity. Chasing Amy is the best in my eyes if you aren't familiar with all of Kevin's work, but Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back is the ultimate inside joke for his fans. Even Dante and Randal have a number of guest appearances in it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know... I really enjoyed Dogma, for the whole religious epitome and all the usual hilarious scenes that Kevin Smith is known for. I'd have to say my favorite part of the movie is when the two fallen angels (Ben Affleck and Matt Damon) go into that board room and play God.

Anyways, compared to all the other movies he's done... it felt like a "full" movie, having special effects and what not.

Best answers
i would have to say all of them but i saw the films out of order starting with 1) jay and silent bob strike back 2) mall rats 3)chasing amy 4) Dogma 5) clerks (since i had to buy it on DVD from the usa)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I may be considered wierd for saying this, but I liked Chasing Amy the most. It has a couple of personal connections toward myself, but I even liked it before said connections ever occured.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I am the clit commander!

Jay and silent bob bizatch!

who smokes the blunts?

we smoke the blunts! :eek:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm voting Chasing Amy. Why? Because it's the best written and directed out of them all, by far. If you disagree, you are wrong.

As for funniest, that's a tough call, Clerks, Mallrats, and Jay and Silent Bob. Dogma was ok, but sub par.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's so difficult to pick. Funniest, I enjoyed Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. For some reason, I never really clicked with Chasing Amy. I still like it, but perhaps less than the others. And I really need to watch Clerks again as I have only seen it once, maybe twice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen clerks out of that list, which I really want to see, but I've never gotten around to it. Cutting clerks out, I'd say that Jay and Silent bob strikes back was my favorite, with dogma following closely behind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Clerks was the Original. Chasing Amy was the best written. Dogma was fun. Mallrats...I don't remember much. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was the most Zany, Bizarre and freaky flick, with the most *** jokes in any film made to date. Couldn't decide.

And there IS a Sequel planned for Clerks, and it's planned to be Low Budget, but with enough budget to pay people. It's going to be called "The Passion of the Clerks."

Is basically about what happens when the Said Clerks don't really change as they enter their 30s.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Clerks was the most hillarious by far. The rest were pretty funny too, but I think Clerks was just too awesome.

Best answers
Clerks was a little more mature than J&S Strike Back, probably why I liked it more. Some parts of J&S Strike back were a little too immature, it was still pretty funny though. Since it IS Jay and Silent Bob, I guess I should have expected as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom