Which program is best for 3d artork?

almostdeleted

A
Exactly like the title says. What do you thing the best program to make 3d designs is?:D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use 3d Studio Max, some use Bryce, I'm not exactly sure of the differences though...

Best answers
3DS Max is the best program to use when making 3D art.
No questions asked.
Of course I haven't used anything else so just wait for more replies.

Plus use this if you need help.

Retired
Best answers
lol God damn N00bs. First off 3d Max Is Not the best For 3d Art or Animation. Its Just Prefered. The best and Has said to Have been By Such Companies Such As Square/Rare/Sony Will Always Be Maya.

Look it up

Best answers
MS Paint. You'll never find more depth in a graphics editing and 3d construction program.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like cinema 4d.. and I like bryce a lot too, 3dsm is ok, I just don't find it very appealing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i use 3dsm 5, and i'm pretty happy with it, though i'm doing omre modeling then stuff for artwork. From what i've seen, alot of the bryce work shown on this forum all looks the same, i dont like it

almostdeleted

A
Maybe ill check maya out. My dad owns a computer store so its easy for him to get stuff. We usually get free stuff from some companies.

Maybe ill get 3dsm too.. Depends on what I can get from the store.

Is maya hard when you start out?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the best work i saw was 3dsm, bryce is aslo nice, but its random, thats why i dont likeit that much, in 3dsm u choose what is gonna come out

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
with bryce too, and with c4d too with maya too, it just depends on how good u are with it

Best answers
maya seems pretty hard i tried it but i didnt have it very long anyway so.... i use 3dsm.

Best answers
Does the question have a purpose like you are planning on getting one? Or just to survery what people think about programs.

anyway, the 5Major programs are: maya, lightwave, 3dsm, c4d, and bryce...

You cant say which one thes "best" really each one has its pros and cons (of course maya and lightwave are probably the best) its really about which you find easiest to work with.

its hard to compare because maya and 3dsm do animation not sure about c4d. and lightwave has a strong renderer going for it.

bryce CAN be used very effectively (i.e. Ekud) but most people just do like "random" stuff like mentioned.

almostdeleted

A
Well.. Im gonna look into maya, and 3dsm max and check em out.

Hows lightwave for Art/modeling?

Best answers
I haven't heard much about Lightwave, I would have bought it but everyone told me that 3DS Max was better. So I winded up not buying it.

almostdeleted

A
Well.. i got lightwave and bryce.. Now I gota see what I can do wit em :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom