which one u like more ocean or funimation

Best answers
well on youtube lol ive been looking at dbz ocean dub and trying to compare it to funimations one you can talk about which one you think is better and why

i love both of the dubs i wish that they fuse and have funimations music and put
the ocean dub actors in sometimes.

NO FLAMING PLZ
thanx

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I overall prefer Funi over Ocean. And I definitely much prefer Funi's original music to Ocean's Megaman theft. Drummond's not bad, but other than that I'll always prefer the Funi actors.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never heard of ocean dubs, got any links?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that they both have their separate flaws.

I'm not going to comment on which is better, because I have only seen the entire DB series in Funi dubs. Now if I had the energy to watch the entire Ocean Dub version of DB, then maybe I could make some proper comparisons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O: The Ocean dub isn't half bad, I have to say I rather like it.

Best answers
same and ocean dub was the original first dub they did all sagas until namek saga and den funimation took over and then ocean dub resumed there dub after a while and by the way ocean dub made over 9000 a succsess

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Faulconer has a few good songs, namely Vegeta's Theme, and Vegeta Turns Super Saiyan. And a few others, but those two are the best. Nevertheless, it's better than Ocean's dub music any day. Ocean also has a few superior voice actors, for example Ocean's Vegeta is better than Funi's, as well as its Krillin and maybe even Goku in some cases. A 16 is also better in Ocean than Funi.

And Walmart, no offense, but you took the worst possible comparison into consideration there. Those clips in there are when Ocean dub screwed up the most, whereas Funi did a finer job than, I think, in any of their dubbing.

This is a more justified comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmQBwwHtwM

Just goes to show you that both Ocean and Funi have their pros and cons, but overall I'd go with Ocean.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Faulconer has a few good songs, namely Vegeta's Theme, and Vegeta Turns Super Saiyan. And a few others, but those two are the best. Nevertheless, it's better than Ocean's dub music any day. Ocean also has a few superior voice actors, for example Ocean's Vegeta is better than Funi's, as well as its Krillin and maybe even Goku in some cases. A 16 is also better in Ocean than Funi.

And Walmart, no offense, but you took the worst possible comparison into consideration there. Those clips in there are when Ocean dub screwed up the most, whereas Funi did a finer job than, I think, in any of their dubbing.

Just goes to show you that both Ocean and Funi have their pros and cons, but overall I'd go with Ocean.
As to the music...how do you not include the SS3 Power-up Theme? I mean, I could name 20 awesome Faulconer tracks. Most of Vegeta's themes rock, but I wouldn't personally choose any of them as all-time favorites.

Now, there will always be disagreement about Drummond and Sabat. I personally have always been drawn toward Sabat more. Krillin in the Ocean dub was...really annoying to me...And I found Ocean's actor for Goku a bit dull compared to Schemmel. That's me though. Can't say nothing about 16, I'm not familiar with his Ocean counterpart.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There's also one factor you have to take into consideration; Ocean took about a year to dub the entire series, while Funi used up a year only on the Majin Buu saga. Had Ocean had as much time, I'm sure they would've been much better. Somehow it still feels better in a sense, the actors sound more natural. I don't know, maybe it's just my opinion, they just sound better to me (excluding the music)

EDIT: And ofc, Drummond's the one responsible for bringing us the "OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!" phrase we use so often :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Ocean was much better, I liked how the same voice was used from the same Vegeta way back when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom