Which Devs Appeal To You The Most ?

Best answers
This is all based on a regional perspective only, of course. I got this idea for a topic after reading the July issue of the GI Magazine-- i came upon this quote from the last guy i expected to see this from--

" If you talk about the war between Japanese developers and those overseas, I acknowledge that we have already lost. The Japanese creators have lost to the European and American creators. Therefore, I always say to my staff, "Don't look at the Japanese creators. Look toward the Europeans and Americans when looking at development or technical things. - Hideo Kojima "
That was quite an honest and humble observation-- however, i don't agree with him. I find the Japanese Devs to be the best of the talented three. I think it's extraordinary how they can develop so many quality titles in such a short amount of time-- whereas, U.S. Devs seem to take forever (Note: Their nothing short of outstanding when their finally released though.)

And as for EU Devs. they really don't usually create many titles outside of a very select few, that actually appeal to my liking. But for PC gaming, i have an entire different sense of appeal, but this sums me up overall--

Consoles: Japan>America>Europe

PC: America>Europe>Japan

So my question is-- which Dev's stand at the top of the latter regarding your preference for both PC and Console Gaming ?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
This is all based on a regional perspective only, of course. I got this idea for a topic after reading the July issue of the GI Magazine-- i came upon this quote from the last guy i expected to see this from--

That was quite an honest and humble observation-- however, i don't agree with him. I find the Japanese Devs to be the best of the talented three. I think it's extraordinary how they can develop so many quality titles in such a short amount of time-- whereas, U.S. Devs seem to take forever (Note: Their nothing short of outstanding when their finally released though.)

And as for EU Devs. they really don't usually create many titles outside of a very select few, that actually appeal to my liking. But for PC gaming, i have an entire different sense of appeal, but this sums me up overall--

Consoles: Japan>America>Europe

PC: America>Europe>Japan

So my question is-- which Dev's stand at the top of the latter regarding your preference for both PC and Console Gaming ?
Hmm... to be honest I never really thought which regional company was more dominate among the others. If I had to say anything... I'd say that the United States is above most of them when it comes to PC games. Most of the games I enjoy were made over here in the United States, along with some companies which I keep tabs on from time to time; companies such as Novalogic, EAGames, DICE, Westwood (before they were bought out by EA), Sierra Entertainment, Blizzard, etcetera.

When it comes to consoles... my mind goes blank. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to the console world, but if anything I guess I would have to say both the United States and Japan.

Console games: United States/Japan > Europe
PC Games: United States > Japan > Europe

Best answers
I never gave this any thought much myself as either, but west devs are better...all japan makes are crappy anime titles and jrpgs

PC Gaming - US/EU/JP
Gaming Console - US/EU/JP

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh...Never thought of it that way. Japan usually makes the better fighting games, while American makes the better first person shooters. I suppose Japan makes better RPGS too, but uusally don't pay attention to which developer makes what.

Japananese devoplers also seem to make more innovative games. The only game I can recall in my mind from a Eurpean developer would be Fable, which was pretty decent.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EA Imo just rush stuff out, I reckon they could of spent a bit more time fixing a few bugs in some titles (BF2 being one namely as they practically forced DICE to release it).

Mod Delvelopers appeal to me because the ideas they come up with I find interesting and sometimes makes a good modification. The only big delveloper for games that appeals to me are Blizzard & Valve, since they seem quick to fix bugs in their games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blizzard, first and foremost. Also Lucas Arts and Bioware come to mind.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Babyboy said:
I never gave this any thought much myself as either, but west devs are better...all japan makes are crappy anime titles and jrpgs

PC Gaming - US/EU/JP
Gaming Console - US/EU/JP
Think before you speak.

Capcom (Resident Evil)
Konami (Metal Gear)
"The Legend of Zelda"
(along with countless other nintendo of japan titles),
and so many others.

All regions of the world have their good developers, and their bad. I'd pitch both the west and east as equal when it comes to quality console games , although imo I think the west produces far more 'crap' (EA for example)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Putting everything else aside - at least Japan doesn't come up with retarded Barbie games or Disney games. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom