Where them players at?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
At first, greetings to all the community!

I've recently discovered ESF and bought HL just to play it (not mentioning I bought Counter Strike first due to my unawareness and then discovered I could not play ESF with it Face.gif :D).

What surprised me was lack of both servers and players. Not only it's quite hard to get someone to play with but also when someone finally joins server its mostly a pro player who owns me totally not giving any chance to enjoy the game :devil:.

Are there any servers that you play regulary on and are mostly filled with players? If yes, please share.
I'm also running my own HLDS server sometimes so if you want to play with me connect to esf.no-ip.biz:27015 (I leave it on when I'm out too). It's visible from steam list too so there should be no problem of finding it (name is "ESF FREE 4 ALL"). My ip is dynamic so connect via address I gave above (esf.no-ip.biz:27015). The version is ESF 1.2.3 without any addons.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks! I'll have a look at it later on. Btw I fixed server these new maps were crashing it.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'm not sure how many people are playing currently, but a few months ago before I left there were some players. You just have to find the hot spots during the daytime (or night) to see when there are most players online.

Have fun.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is the tutorial i told you about.

http://gamers-desire.de/esf-12-manual
So, I've checked this tutorial and and it seems poorer than this one :p
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9gbsg_esf-tutorial-1-esforces-pl_videogames
Thanks for it anyway it supplied me with some basic info I had no idea about xD

I'm not sure how many people are playing currently, but a few months ago before I left there were some players. You just have to find the hot spots during the daytime (or night) to see when there are most players online.

Have fun.
What I found out is that Non Steam servers are a bit more populated than steam ones o_o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's quite hard to play ESF these days due to it being so dead. Once ESF: Final releases, you will see how ESF was at one point. Also there will be something to hopefully help out getting pros and newbies playing together again soon.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's quite hard to play ESF these days due to it being so dead. Once ESF: Final releases, you will see how ESF was at one point. Also there will be something to hopefully help out getting pros and newbies playing together again soon.
Looking forward to that. Servers are mostly filled with old timers and this might be discouraging newbies to keep on playing since they get pwned so badly :D.
Btw forgot thank Grega and the other guy from forums who joined my server and taught me new things and gave some really good advices.
Thanks a lot dudes cheers.gif

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think he is registered on the forums ^^

But yea. Depends on who you meet. Some old timers play to kill people, while others actually want to train them.

In any case i guess all thats left for you to do is practice. Get faster and learn the timings. Oh and rearrange your keys for easier use. The default commands tend to be a bit weird in some areas. Though youll have to figure out what suits you yourself.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think he is registered on the forums ^^

But yea. Depends on who you meet. Some old timers play to kill people, while others actually want to train them.

In any case i guess all thats left for you to do is practice. Get faster and learn the timings. Oh and rearrange your keys for easier use. The default commands tend to be a bit weird in some areas. Though youll have to figure out what suits you yourself.
That seems like something you should bring up. I don't know anyone who actually uses the default keys.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, g being teleport is heresy, especially when the r key is unbound.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And you're a worse player for it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont worry i plan to make the default keys a bit more handy. Between Trex, Mario and me we should figure out a good default layout.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dont worry i plan to make the default keys a bit more handy. Between Trex, Mario and me we should figure out a good default layout.
I hope you take azerty/qwerty in account ^^

--- edit ---

and if you change them to the esf 1.2.3 keys they aren't defaults anymore >=)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope you take azerty/qwerty in account ^^

--- edit ---

and if you change them to the esf 1.2.3 keys they aren't defaults anymore >=)
Sorry but we are working with a QWERTY setup. Even though thats not what i myself use, its pretty much what HL itself defaults to.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I left playing ESF months ago. I just saw like 1 server with 2 players. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom