Where is everybody?

Best answers
I love ESF. I believe its one of the best non-valve created mods out there. There are hundreds of people on the forums that agree with this. I am confused, however, of the lack of actual PLAYERS. I am constantly on Steam playing, but it is very rare to find any more than 10 servers up at a time, and most of them either are empty or are only half full. I also see a lack of original players. Every time I join a server, its the same people over and over, and most of them are members of clans such as riced, gods, or ape. I see on the boards that there are many more clans out there, but i NEVER see them actually playing the game. Does everyone like to talk about the game more than play it? Or do people not play it at all?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because at the moment, more people use WON. Basically it splits the community into 2 halves (but I guess in this case 2/3's is WON, 1/3 is Steam). Plus many people are holding off until 1.2 comes out :).

Best answers
wen 1.2 comes out do you think people will move to steam because im sick of always goin in the same server wit all the same people

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sure hope so, I'm not sure why people don't move, it's like a couple people complain and the whole community thinks it's crap. Ah well, if they want to take their chances with WON they can. But the team is only supporting ESF 1.2 on Steam (it will be released on WON, but they won't garuntee it will work perfectly). So hopefully that drives more people over to Steam.

Best answers
either way doesnt matter for me as long as people actually play it...

Best answers
ya...everyone is tired of 1.1....especially the HOWing aspect...the ppl u are seeing are ppl that are new to the game...and like shadow said...steam works perfectly for 90% of the ppl that use it...and the other 10% either dont know how to set it up right...or whenever they get an error just give up and say its crap...then they come here and turn it into a fad to hate steam...so noone moved over because they wanna be cool...i know ppl that have never used steam but hate it because one of the more "popular" ppl on the forums say its crap...but hopefully the lack of support for 1.2 on WON will change that =p

Best answers
i support steam even though i have both WON and it. The only problem i got is it takes like 5 minutes to login which is a pain in the ass when you wanna play. other then that steam runs better.

Best answers
hehehe yea...the login is kinda iffy sometimes...and sometimes u have trouble logging into friends but other than that steam roxorz

Best answers
WON has 0 players all day,altho i saw a server yesterday with 2 players.

Best answers
do u people never read other threads... there was a guy that said almost the exact same thing, look for thread "new user of esf (my thoughts)", its not even way down its a few posts down from ur's, he said that same thing and got the same replies, I know u are new at this, but plz, did u just register here to open a thread to speak ur mind and then go, u might have better time sharing ur thoughts on a thread of the same subject then opening a thread of the same subject, now to the topic: people are using WON more then STEAM, I myself use won, I guess when 1.2 comes out more people will move to STEAM and more people will start playing again.
of course thats what I think, dont take my word for it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
steam is cool bot there are 30 servers on won and you always meet the same peuple cause you sleep when others play
:laff:the Earth is round you know:laff:

Best answers
Sorry Dixing, I didnt see that other thread until I posted this one. :tired: Anyway, I hope people start moving over to Steam. I'd like to start seeing new people. WON is going to die soon, much more likely so after HL2 hits the shelves. People need to start migrating over before that happens though, so they can get used to Steam and how it works (and doesnt work :laff: ). I'd hate to say it, but I also think that HL mods will decline afterwards also, even ESF. HL2 mods will start to come out soon after HL2 hits shelves, and people will start moving toward them. Original HL mods will be left behind unless they decide to migrate to HL2 also. Id hate to see this happen, but it is the inevitable truth. Since the ESF team has decided not to move over to HL2, ESF will die also (probably not anytime soon though). There is a high probability that another team will decide to make a DBZ like game for HL2, and people will begin playing it and ESF will be forgotten.

Wow, I got WAY of topic. Sorry. :(

Best answers
Lethal8472 said:
I love ESF. I believe its one of the best non-valve created mods out there. There are hundreds of people on the forums that agree with this. I am confused, however, of the lack of actual PLAYERS. I am constantly on Steam playing, but it is very rare to find any more than 10 servers up at a time, and most of them either are empty or are only half full. I also see a lack of original players. Every time I join a server, its the same people over and over, and most of them are members of clans such as riced, gods, or ape. I see on the boards that there are many more clans out there, but i NEVER see them actually playing the game. Does everyone like to talk about the game more than play it? Or do people not play it at all?
ONE of THE BEST non-valve created mods? THE BEST if you ask me! The mod is awesome, and the reason there arnt so many servers? well thats cause people got bored of the game, a long while back, it was 62 servers up, that and lots of people want to play EVM 1.2.... lol

Best answers
Yea, hopefully 1.2 will bring some people back...oh and I like your name Ender! I'm reading Shadow of the Hegemon right now, and i just got done with Enders Shadow. :yes:

Best answers
Thanks for complementing my name, i am readin Xenocide right now, awesome book, :p

Best answers
I'm an odd cookie myself. For The most part I never play online. I stick with Me's excellant bots. I find that most people who play online are childish and boring, you know spamming the same attack over and over. Plus there is more stabilty and no lag to be found offline. I'm not knocking anyone onnline, this is just how I play.

Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
1.2 comes out :).
:devgrin: :yes:

yeah pretty much been waiting for a melee system. (not that the bee sting melee of the first 2 betas was bad or anything)

Drake_Kurthem said:
more stabilty and no lag to be found offline. I'm not knocking anyone onnline, this is just how I play.
other then what I said above I agree with that ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom