Where has Kama been hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
frieza looks cool, there looks to be a little warpage on frieza's leg muscle, and i would think that using one of those HL chrome shaders for the purple areas would have been cool for it as well, but i feel you though, spending too much damn time on a model becomes more of a chore then something fun to do, when you get sick of working on it then you just want to release it and be done with it, too bad for me when i get bored working on my stuff its just half done and rots away in my HD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
The styles seem to vary from every view. On the front, the lines are a little darker and thinker, and on the back there smaller and lighter. The definition varys alot too, like the back has great definition, but the abs look blocky.
Jah.. this annoyed me from day one.. Start it one way, but if you do definition in the other area with same darkness it doesn't turn out quite as well, alter them together it just feels weird. I may go back to change that, because it has been bugging me.

Ice Man said:
And gee-willikerz batman is freeza on steroids?
He would be a perfect model if he was a body builder, but freeza wasn't that built. he maybe had a four-pack or something... but not a 6 pack with ribs.
Jes this is true, but if I didn't do Freeza that way I wouldn't have even done half the model to be honest with you. It's not fun skinning the same thing over and over 5000 times, anyone can tell you that. I decided, let's take a shot. In my mind that is how I see Freeza. I just don't think Toriyama had the funds or time to detail him so much and probably would have, honestly, what man would fight in his birthday suit if he wasn't in tip top shape? Nothing to grab, he's got it figured out imo.

The head is like teh-low-qwahliteh...
It's actually the best quality, has it's own 512x map, might just be hard to see with the Milky render.

and kama, don't kill me! *puts up guard*
Rowr! :(

SSJ Toast said:
rieza looks cool, there looks to be a little warpage on frieza's leg muscle, and i would think that using one of those HL chrome shaders for the purple areas would have been cool for it as well, but i feel you though, spending too much damn time on a model becomes more of a chore then something fun to do, when you get sick of working on it then you just want to release it and be done with it, too bad for me when i get bored working on my stuff its just half done and rots away in my HD
Aye, there is mucho grande warpage on his leg, you can't tell ingame and i've spent 25 minutes just moving around the grid. It's the closest I can get to not warping anything else and not having to remap. Which i'm definitely not going to do because everything in this map is connected except the arms to make it flow smoothly.

The chrome shaders I actually did want to use, however to save polycount this model didn't have pieces modelled on that I could move to a separate map so they had to be skinned on. C'est la vie.

Best answers
To be honest.. yeah... frieza does look kinda crappy.. like said before, he is way too buffed.. the head doesn't look shaped right at all.. and his face is kinda off...
Besides that.. might be just me but the face looks too small for his head as well..

Try looking at kreshi's Freeza form 4.. i personally think it looks better..

About #18: I think the body looks good, but the face is WAY off..
It looks too realistic styled too me.. it's nothing like that creepy look #17 and 18 used to have in the series..
Fix the face to make it look more like the original one, and you've got yourself one hell of a model.. :)

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ill be totally honest.

The freeza skin and model just plain suck.

I am sorry to be so blunt, but please just look at some refs and you know what I mean.

Freeza doesnt have abs like you made them and the head, especially the purple part and eyes have the wrong size and shape.

I dont know who modeled Freeza, but the head shape is WAY off.

nuttzy said:
in your first one, no nothing was out of line, it was a constructive, (allbeit very blunt) and ontopic,

in your second one there was the subtle flaming, and now in your 3rd one your spamming >_>, thngs arent progressing very smoothly

have a shiny new :warning: warning :warning: for spamming, and dont say you didnt ask for it,

now refrain from posting such things in the future, this will be your 2nd warning, you do know what happens at #3 right?
He did gave constructive crit -_-, he wasnt out of line at all.

Look at the skin yourself and look at teknik first post, he even apologized for that his post because Kama misunderstood.

As Teknik said you over did the defining the muscles etc.(@ Kama)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know why people are getting on Tekniks case, infact with the way kama responded imo he should be getting the warning, teknik wasnt out of line, even cuc was bashing him for no reason =0. But ladies, lets not make a huge fuss now.

I hate to say it but they may be a "artist rendition" of the characters but they dont even follow any sort of proportional or stylistic guidelines, with the muscles on frieza not only do the skintones not match too well, but a lot of the muscles are just either done wrong, missing or they're made up. The issue of the skin tones blending together is easily fixed, you wanna find a mid tone for all the skin, fill bucket on a new layer and blend it to a way that suits, that gets a nice uniform colour and then you can change and tone differences by fiddling with brightness/contrast.

The 18 model.. well i said everything i needed to last time, seems like i was ignored =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going to skin Frieza like that can you at least release the unskinned model so that somebody can give it a true-to-show skin too. I'd prefer that to a hyper detailed artists rendition any day.

Also, the tail skin doesn't fit with the rest of the skin.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frieza looks muy schmeckseh, but there are a bunch of stuff you can fix.

First of all, the back looks underdefined. Or that the front is overdefined. While the muscular build is quite kickass, I think you should desaturate it just a tad and do all dem fixins to make it less dark around the edges. OR you can just define the back muscles more.

The tail also looks like you used a different color pallette for it. It just... sticks out. Also, there are some minor seams on the shoulders, but personally I think fixing them would be a waste of time, so meh.

Anyway, for the 18, meh. Only thing I can see is that your under-shirt sleeves are... mspaintish... but yeah it's not finished, so blergh. I'll reskin it for me personal use *wink wink* when 1.3 comes out anyway. >=)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I dont know why people are getting on Tekniks case, infact with the way kama responded imo he should be getting the warning, teknik wasnt out of line, even cuc was bashing him for no reason =0. But ladies, lets not make a huge fuss now.
Kama will be delt with behind the scenes, that is an in staff issue that is not to be dealt with here. I did not bash Teknik, he did something to disrespect someone else . . . it is stated in the AUP rather clearly. ONLY YOUR OWN ACTIONS WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT. Back talking moderators does nothing to help his case, and will only get him in trouble faster.

If he had chosen to report the post instead of taking it into his own hands, there would be no problem. Further, while Kama's comment was clearly sarcastic, it wasn't anywhere near as offensive as Teknik's second. This modelling section has a long history of self important *******s who decide they can be a **** to anyone because they can make skins and models. This forum has rules about being a prick. I do not tollerate this kind of rampant disrespect anywhere else on this forum. Please, tell me why the artists here are a special case?

Best answers
Cucumba said:
Kama will be delt with behind the scenes, that is an in staff issue that is not to be dealt with here. I did not bash Teknik, he did something to disrespect someone else . . . it is stated in the AUP rather clearly. ONLY YOUR OWN ACTIONS WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT. Back talking moderators does nothing to help his case, and will only get him in trouble faster.

If he had chosen to report the post instead of taking it into his own hands, there would be no problem. Further, while Kama's comment was clearly sarcastic, it wasn't anywhere near as offensive as Teknik's second. This modelling section has a long history of self important *******s who decide they can be a **** to anyone because they can make skins and models. This forum has rules about being a prick. I do not tollerate this kind of rampant disrespect anywhere else on this forum. Please, tell me why the artists here are a special case?
sadly enough, not just here, but alot of artists do act like that in real life, the few iv'e met in college were very talented, but the biggest pricks ive ever met, i admit i aint really the one to talk, i have on occassion acted like a jerkoff when someone says something smart as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I dont know why people are getting on Tekniks case, infact with the way kama responded imo he should be getting the warning, teknik wasnt out of line
Cause hey no one seems to care about the Freeza or anything really and just posts the same thing everyone says so they don't get warned for spam let's go with that.

Dave, I got all the respect for you in the world, but honestly, when someone posts something, especially when that something is in my main post, that I already said I don't have the patience to deal with them. I skin the same model 400 times so i'm a bit annoyed with repitition so you can't blame me when I say "Yeah so this is yada yada yada" and then in 2 posts down some guy says "Well it's alright but it's really *** because this is yada yada yada." I just don't care anymore.

I'm all for crits and I will do them, anyone who follows my models knows that. I post the models here for crits, even if I say I don't want the crits I'll still do them if enough people agree. I don't need my model ripped apart over and over and over again the same way because someone is too lazy to read everything before posting.

I'm bored with skinning DBZ style, this is how I wanted to skin him so I did. Will I refine him before release? Probably. And anyone else can reskin him to be like all the other 300 generic Freeza models after release if they want to.

I read every post, and almost all of them are the same thing just slightly reworded to sound different.

People just don't seem to take the time to even bother or care. People like you David, you crit well and I listen to your crits because you take the time to read through what's been said and build off that so I don't get annoyed when I read them.

Then Devion, the model and skin just plain suck? Awesome crit there my friend. That really makes me want to fix it instead of just scrapping everything. I have at least 25 different refs. I've already explained myself 3 times on thsi matter so I won't again. I love how people wonder why Mr. Smo left the mod, it makes me giggle.

In the end, am I a smartass? Yeah, I am, do I deserve a warning? Hell after my moderating time at DMZ I'd have banned myself by now so I wouldn't feel wronged if Cucumba did feel it necessary to take that course, he's definitely fair and has a much better view of this situation.

But this thread has served it's purpose. It's more about people than the model now which I tried to ignore. If anyone wants to crit more my pm box is open.

This thread is about ready to be locked if any mods wouldn't mind.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is about ready to be locked if any mods wouldn't mind.
as you wish, pm me if you change your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom