Where can I learn...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have made a line go around the screen with the words (hahha im so brill) come up and change font every time u press it

am i just the best...

well no..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would get a book called how to post in the right section for dummys.

Best answers
Well... the topic is Coding/Bug Report, so i don't see it at the wrong place :)
I don't know any decent C-sites, for books, i own a copy of
The C Programming Language
from Kenighan & Ritchie
That one is pretty good, but maybe a bit to hard and expensive for starting programmers :)

Best answers
...could ask a friend!!!

Or buy a book if you can read allready!!!;)

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Well..I'm assuming that he can, in fact, read..otherwise he wouldn't be asking for help here...where you'd need to read in order yo actually do anything....

Books can be a bit pricey..especially about topic ssuch as coding...since they usually require a vast amount of informationm they tend to be a tad on the thick side..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must have spent a couple hundred dollars while at college in Ada95 books alone, LOL.

Thank god I ddin't have to buy my VB books . . .

I have to get off my lazy keyster and learn me some C/C++

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Yeah..I think you lucked out on the VB books..those musta been huge!

Best answers
get the "for dummies" (is it programming or c/c++ for dummies? its one of those) I heard it helped a friend of mine alot. And its cheap. But for advance stuff, dont get it

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Yeah..a "For Dummies" book WOULD help you out..in the beginning...didn't think of that..

Do they even have a c/c++ for dummies book, though?
Wouldn't suprise me if they did..

Best answers
yea. I saw it at our mall. And it is C/C++ for dummies. its was like $20 or something. It was in Waldenbooks.

Best answers
...one for 16€(nearly simmiliar to 15$)!

BUt i cant remember were!!!

Best answers
There is a C++ for dummies they make the best reference books while debugging. but you should buy the MS bundle its 3 books all about 1000 pgs and a copy of ms vis c++ 6 for $120
but i warn u programming, especially in C++ is VERY HARD, and not to be take lightly it will take all your time for the smallest thing, leave you with massive head aches and you need to be a computer junkie to even give a ****. do not take this as a hobby or something you THINK you might like especially if you just think you have a great dea for a game(thats a game designer they make more), if $120 is too much to invest i wouldn't suggest trying. this take serious commitment and you Must be really good at algebra.
but if you decide to go along with this and ever need a question answered or a piece of code is strange or maybe just a coding buddy, feel free to email me, i still remember when i thought a function was a command word.
Anthony Hendrix, Mr.Nipples
[email protected]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started C++ and VB a couple times!! I got tuts and a book for VB, but I gave up on both after a few days!! :p But, Im trying again to learn C++!! I really want to, and feel that Ill need it for the future also!! So, it would be good to learn!! BTW Sierra, this would be the right section!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom