when you're "dying"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think once you reach the point where your PL starts to drain, a few things should happen:

1. your speed starts to go down depending on your PL
2. walking/idle/running animations should change to hurt animations. ie holding your shoulder, limping, breathing hard, crawling >_<

anyways i think it would have a greater feel of being hurt during gameplay, just to add a touch of realism

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't agree more, however it's extra work for the animations though, I don't know if they would get done, but it's always a nice idea :).

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd add a touch of realism, but it'd also add a touch of frustration. I would disagree about putting it in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like the speed idea, when you're dying (PL dropping) you're encouraged to go 'all out' and do as much damage as fast as possible. The decreasing speed would hamper this pretty severely.

The animations are a nice idea though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like what Ravendust said; if you're already low on health, the decreased speed stat isn't going to help you much. It'll just be frustrating because it'll be a lot harder to fight back. If anything, people with low health should get a speed BOOST instead of a decrease, so they can still put up a fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I like the idea of a speed boost, it's like your guy goes into a rage and gives it his best, then he should stay permanently on turbo without losing ki.

But the animations could work, with him idle or limping a when he is flying the head should be tilted down or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i disagree. if you're dying you SHOULD lose speed. look at some of the incidents in DBZ.. goku vs vegeta when goku was all beaten up, do you think he'd be fighting faster and stronger when he's about to die?

if you're low on health, most likely you'll die anyway.. it doesn't make sense to be "stronger" while youre dying. since the there will be the turbo charge, you can use that to boost yourself up but at a cost of using more stamina

nge

Best answers
You're already punished in the form of growing constantly weaker, which REALLY hurts your beam game. You're doomed to die eventually even if no one hits you unless you're buu as well. Why slow them down? It's like saying "well I got them this low on HP now they should just bend over and take it." This isn't mortal combat, there's no "Fatalities." Let them fight with a PL handicap, that's pretty severe as it is.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I had a bunch of handicaps on top of me losing pl and having 5 or less hp, I'd probably just kill myself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
i disagree. if you're dying you SHOULD lose speed. look at some of the incidents in DBZ.. goku vs vegeta when goku was all beaten up, do you think he'd be fighting faster and stronger when he's about to die?

if you're low on health, most likely you'll die anyway.. it doesn't make sense to be "stronger" while youre dying. since the there will be the turbo charge, you can use that to boost yourself up but at a cost of using more stamina
:p Actually, the show's heroes power up massively when they're about to die, or are heavily damaged. Think of Goku reaching SSJ for the first time. He was beaten up pretty badly. And Vegeta reached SSJ too, at the moment he was beaten and bruised and just didn't care anymore.

But anyway, just because they get slower in the show doesn't mean they should in the game. ESF is based on DBZ, but it doesn't try to copy it exactly. Otherwise everyone would pick Goku because he'd be the strongest. :p Get my drift?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, I also understand, goky would be Hugely overpowered then.
But the best way to solve this is to just leave it as it is or wait for 1.3 and look what they have changed, if they did.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
:p Actually, the show's heroes power up massively when they're about to die, or are heavily damaged. Think of Goku reaching SSJ for the first time. He was beaten up pretty badly. And Vegeta reached SSJ too, at the moment he was beaten and bruised and just didn't care anymore.

But anyway, just because they get slower in the show doesn't mean they should in the game. ESF is based on DBZ, but it doesn't try to copy it exactly. Otherwise everyone would pick Goku because he'd be the strongest. :p Get my drift?
ssj was a transformation that massively increased their health, power, speed.. it's irrelevant to the point im making, a character who is on the verge of dying.. thus when you transform you're given more health and PL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom