When do YOU think ESF will be released?

When do YOU think ESF will be released?

• Total voters
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in my opinion beta releases should be banned from discussion in forum and it shouldnt be visible in the main page to download.. they should be in download section with a huge red warning that says download this only for beta testing and we wont support any discussions about this in forum if you dont like just download the stable one... :D well i guess you get what i mean :)
I know a site that does beta releases every month and they have like 10 times bigger forum and no one even mentions beta releases there :)
Im guessing the difference is in the community. Remember the majority of this community are 13 year old DBZ fanboys ^^; Who mostly know jack **** about game development and modding.

But to be fair. Each and every release we stated big and red that its a buggy beta testing version that is practically a copy of the inteam version about 3 times and on all downloads. Didnt help.

So we said "Fine. The most helpful people though the open beta releases get to be testers and we release one last open beta before stopping", so we did XD

Then again if we released an open beta with the current inteam it would probably be quite a negative effect. There is lots of optimization needed so people would be getting ****ty FPS with lots of crashes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I agree with Grega. If those testers now got a crash, they may clarify what causes it. But if , for example, a angry "kid" gets it, he would just start a topic :" WTFFFFF"!"!"§"§"! ???? i crashed?? BULL****"

And thats not very helpfull i think. Sure, how long was 1.3 announced? But good things need some time, i know that as painter and decorater. See, if i´ll do a special technique,like a filler technique, i need some time before i "show" it to my costumer. If i would do it earlier, they would say:"Are you insane? that looks terrible!"

And to prevent such things, ill show them only the finished work.And to development and modding is the same. Look at most other Half-Life 1 mods. They are dead. Why is that so?
Because they are crap compared to most new games. Want to shoot zombies? Buy Killing Floor or L4D. Want to take part in a war, WW2 or modern? CoD,Battlefield and so on.
The only two exceptions i see out there are Natural Selection and...ESF! Sure, Natural Selection switched to Source, but not ESF. And now look at those screenshots and videos.
They are awsome. I never belived that it would be possible to do such things, and call it a mod. ESF doesent look like a mod anymore, it more looks like a indepented game.

So lets just be patient and let them do their job, cause they do it well.

Greets^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically NS didnt switch to source. They made their own engine from scratch ^^

But THX for the support :p

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't agree with you, in fact I think 2012 will not be the end, it will be the Beginning of the end (celldweller remix of course.)
The beginning of the end? if it was the beginning of the end it wouldnt end in 1 day like 3 days or 1 week? even though what makes people think its the end of the world at 2012

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The beginning of the end? if it was the beginning of the end it wouldnt end in 1 day like 3 days or 1 week? even though what makes people think its the end of the world at 2012
Mayan calendar. And everybody knows the Mayans are always right.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The beginning of the end is also a cool song.

Mayan calendar. And everybody knows the Mayans are always right.

Lets vote for mayan presidents then! :D

Also, you guys should recruit a Mayan programmer to speed up esf:f development, at least it should be ready till 20 december 2012!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yup, ESF: Final is all an april fools joke, that lasts forever. It will never be released, move on folks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, ESF: Final is all an april fools joke, that lasts forever. It will never be released, move on folks.
Then we will h4xx0r you and get it.
If you guys don't release it the end of this year, we won't have the time to become good and have good matches :(
And if you release it in the beginning of 2012.... we'll all die playing ESF.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dec 21 2012

When the first download is complete... the Mayan Crystal Skull Gods start chargin' their lazerz~

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then we will h4xx0r you and get it.
All the POTWs were made by Sky in photoshop, the videos by DT in his animation grotto ^^. Technically the inteam is one big in-joke.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dec 21 2012

When the first download is complete... the Mayan Crystal Skull Gods start chargin' their lazerz~
Haha... Indiana Jones much?

It'll be released when Damaera gives the Ok.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah we are actually making a time maschene so we can release it in the 1960s to later inspire Toriyama into making it a show.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MACHINE, GREGA. MACHINE!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah we are actually making a time maschene so we can release it in the 1960s to later inspire Toriyama into making it a show.
It's a shame that you inadvertently changed the spelling of the word machine whilst doing so. You also misspelled the name of the main character. How on earth could you get Doku wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom