When did Vegeta go SSJ2?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hey guys! Anyoane knows the episode Vegeta did SSJ2 for the first time i mean the long transformation. Like when he did with the androids for the second time or like when he did USSJ. the long trans for ssj2 when he did it?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe somewhere before the Buu Saga.

Best answers
Gabe said:
Hey guys! Anyoane knows the episode Vegeta did SSJ2 for the first time i mean the long transformation. Like when he did with the androids for the second time or like when he did USSJ. the long trans for ssj2 when he did it?
He was never shown transforming to SS2 he did while he was training in the Gravity chamber during the 7 years after cell was defetead

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After he killed himself against Buu, he then had the ability to turn SSJ 2.

I don't want anyone coming in here flaming me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
episode 213 at eng. epsisode 240 at jap.

and yes, he's ssj2 when he becomes Mai-jin

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its never actually said, judging from the events that happened with vegeta saying he was stronger than gohan on 2 occassions I believe he reached ssj2 before the buu saga, afterall vegeta/goku did the most intense training for 7 years straight. However its all speculation, but he's definately ssj2 whilst majin, you can tell by the hair and lightning, and even the eyes to a degree.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The eyes? There's an identifying feature to SS2 in the eyes? All I know about Majin Vegeta's differences are that he looks like he's got a copious amount of eyeliner on or something. The outlines of his eyes have always looked really thick to me.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ssj2 eye's are much narrower, its more apparent with teen gohan than anybody else. The outline is the majin thing, not ssj2, the hair is the biggest give away though, next to the lightning.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
episode 213 at eng. epsisode 240 at jap.

and yes, he's ssj2 when he becomes Mai-jin
I say Legendary it's right Vegeta power up even gone SSJ 2 and then Majin Vegeta because Vegeta SSJ 2 culd rezist babidi's power but he wantet to be Majin to make his heart Black again
213 - The Dark Prince Returns

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
babidi says in jap version: "and now, we shall make you more powerful than ever before!"

at english version they just lamely change the real words.

also, bejita had lightning trails, just like in ssj2 u do have, and hair is more sharper like as ssj daini dankai and ssj dainaki dankai, or to dummies : ussj/ssj grade 2, and ssj grade 3.

also, when at that point, people are much,much more arrogant, just like son-gohan was, so its pretty easy to see the difference.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you see lightning along with his aura as SSJ, he was SSJ2. The only time we see that was when he became Majin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta became SS2 sometime during the 7 years after Cell's death & before the Majin Buu Saga. While Goku, Gohan, Supreme Kai & Vegeta were on the third level of Babadi's Ship (when Gohan was fighting Dabura), Vegeta began ranting on about Gohan's fighting--he mentioned Gohan's strength had weakened over the years, making it hard for him to battle Dabura. Even though Gohan was able to still use 'SS2' Goku & Vegeta agreed with eachother that Gohan's energy was nowhere near as great as it was 7 years before, and Vegeta was outraged by this--he rambled on about how he could destroy Dabura. This can only mean two things; Vegeta was somehow stronger than SS2 Gohan in his Super Saiyan state (Perfect Super Saiyan), or...simply? He was SS2. If Vegeta was somehow weaker than Gohan (which is impossible) he wouldn't be so confident about defeating Dabura - and the fact of the matter is Vegeta already had enough strength before becoming 'possessed' by Babadi to destroy Dabura. There are several visuals there in and around that saga that speak for themselves. By that I mean, Vegeta was the final fighter to face Buu--stepping in where Gohan, Supreme Kai & Dabura failed. This particular line up should indicate something about Vegeta's strength... perhaps that it towered over a weakened SS2 Gohan, Supreme Kai & Dabura, who were thrown aside with ease by Buu.

Strength meter:
Goku > Vegeta > Dabura > Gohan

Regardless of what you might think this is as close as it gets during Babadi/Buu era, before Buu's revival.

When you see lightning along with his aura as SSJ, he was SSJ2. The only time we see that was when he became Majin
Not true. If you ever watched the entire anime you'd know of its inconsistencies. The drawers/animators also didn't seem too concerned with physical likeness to the actual form. Only on a few occasions do you actually see a constant 'electricity' aura. During the Cell Games the aura around SS2 Gohan didn't always contain electricity, the same as Goku & Vegeta in Super Saiyan 2 during the Buu Saga.

We've brought up the manga, where Vegeta was drawn with all the sparkling & electric beauty of the Super Saiyan 2 aura, but some of you still won't take our word for it. Go pick up the manga. You can order them online... try eBay, and hopefully stand corrected.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes indeed, I really would have preferred that Toei had kept the manga's easy to remember give-away for the SS2 trans, ie: the bioelectricity. For the longest time, I'd never known about what Super Saiyan 2 truly was. My original interperatation was this:

That the Ascended Saiyan form (aka SS2) was what had been unlocked by Vegeta and Trunks in the Cell saga (USS). That Gohan's TRUE SS2 power-up was just him unleashing and gaining control over his hidden power.

I remember when Budokai 1 came out just how perplexed I was that they actually called Gohan's cell-saga transformation Super Saiyan 2. I thought it was an interperatation error, and a major one. Instead, I had stuck to the logic of "The Legacy of Goku II" for the GBA, in which the SS2 form Gohan attained was named "Super Saiyan Rage".

After a while of researching and rewatching the episodes, I finally understood what the USS was, and where it ended, and Super Saiyan 2 began.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is, nobody actually states that there is a ssj2 untill the buu saga when goku is describing the ssj forms to babidi and buu, he says something like "this is what a saiyan who has ascended past the level of super saiyan, I suppose you can call it super saiyan 2" Its never ever mentioned again.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it's weird they never mentioned it again...=/

Also the biggest feature I love in the SSJ2 form is their looks and expression, the eyes are really nerrow like David said and they are far more pissed off ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Yes indeed, I really would have preferred that Toei had kept the manga's easy to remember give-away for the SS2 trans, ie: the bioelectricity. For the longest time, I'd never known about what Super Saiyan 2 truly was. My original interperatation was this:

That the Ascended Saiyan form (aka SS2) was what had been unlocked by Vegeta and Trunks in the Cell saga (USS). That Gohan's TRUE SS2 power-up was just him unleashing and gaining control over his hidden power.

I remember when Budokai 1 came out just how perplexed I was that they actually called Gohan's cell-saga transformation Super Saiyan 2. I thought it was an interperatation error, and a major one. Instead, I had stuck to the logic of "The Legacy of Goku II" for the GBA, in which the SS2 form Gohan attained was named "Super Saiyan Rage".

After a while of researching and rewatching the episodes, I finally understood what the USS was, and where it ended, and Super Saiyan 2 began.

Gohan was the FIRST to become SSJ 2. When Vegeta fought Cell he used a level between SSJ and USSJ, called Super Saiyan 2nd Grade. USSJ is also known as Super Saiyan 3rd Grade. Goku and Gohan obtained Super Saiyan Full Power inside the Time Chamber. Goku reached SSJ 2 in the Other World, when fighting Pikkon I think, cause he had some lightning. Vegeta became SSJ2 when he became Majin, which I know because when he trained with Trunks, he used the above mentioned Super Saiyan 2nd Grade (he was kinda bulky). And it wasn't because he was going easy on him, because if that was the case he would've chosen the normal Super Saiyan form. And Gohan's Rage actually helped him break the barrier between SSJ and SSJ 2, therefore granting him even more power then it would normally have.

This is a description of all the SSJ forms.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Gohan changed in to a SSJ2 even before he raged out.. In one of the episodes, goke explained that Gohan had a secret power. Which shows you Gohan transforming in to SSJ2 State for a second orso.

Best answers
Hmmm... I think Vegeta turned into ssj2 when he charged against Goku, while fighting him. I remember him like screaming, charging, and then the screen blinked and his hair changed... I think o_O

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually, I used to believe Vegeta turned SSJ2 sometime after the Cell Saga, but after you think about it..

Vegeta and Goku were both about equal during one of the fights in the Buu Saga

Vegeta was Majin

Goku was SSJ2

Well, after Vegeta lost his Majin form near the end of the saga where they're fighting Kid Buu, he was much more weaker.

Goku was SSJ2 fighting Kid Buu and actually dealing damage.

Vegeta didn't stand a chance against Kid Buu. If Vegeta had SSJ2, Wouldn't he stand a chance? I think the only reason people thought he went SSJ2 is because of that Majin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom