When can release the ESF1.3

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're honestly looking too much into this. A modelers job is to create the model, an animators job is to create the animations. The job is to produce up to par quality content, not wait to have access to the game to make it perfect and apply additions to make it look perfect with the shaders. If a kamehameha was popping from Goku's backside, that would either be on the coder's or FX maker's side.

Right now you could make an animation for ESF and send it to DT to go ingame without even having access to the models or rig constraints. You really don't need access to ESF: Final to produce models/maps/skins/animations for it. :p

Best answers
XD nice signature:D

normaly when i used to create a model i also did the animation....and to tell u i would have liked my touch on it.....and its kinda lame when i make step 1-3 of 5 and the rest gets done by the team....

and hey......think otherwise...when everyone does that:p then we really would have to wait untill 2013...which we maybe have to do anyway

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because the team made something that you're working on/want to work on doesn't mean you shouldn't. Many fans have made fan created content, such as "remakes" of character models that the team already made. They were excellent models, and some of these fan models are even still used today. They even have excellent custom animations.

Also I don't think the wait for ESF: Final will be that much longer. It will definitely be out before 2013, I can almost guarantee that, just by seeing the progress from the POTW's and news updates.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u cant just take a skeleton and put it on a char
Just that part. Yes you can. Thats how ALL the 1.2 custom models were made. People made a model and put the original skeleton into it. It caused deformations.

That aside. The model skeleton is made customly for each character now. Meaning if you do make a model you can easily make the skeleton for that model, animate it and you get the model ingame without the need for the game.

Every animator that knows what hes doing will tell you that.

The KHH firing out of the cahracters ass thing is as Dam said, the FX guys job to fix. Since he is the one who chooses what bone to attach the attack to. And if he didnt assign a bone, then thats his screw up. But if you want a list with important bone positions and names that need to be used thats easy to make.

@hleV that "signature" post you made was uncalled for and clearly went against the whole "Dont be a dick" rule. So knock it off before i slap you with a warning.

Last edited:
Best answers
Guys, a little suggestion from my side.
At a point where you guys decide that the game is runnable, at a point where you guys are convinced it won't crash after 20 seconds of running, do you guys see a possibillity of starting an "open prefinal test". I'm asking because, I know that debug data is needed for the very final release. Just to get a picture of on what gfx's there might be trouble, or to clean up the obvious bugs and to polish the game to it's finest and ect. ect. or is even something like that planned?

I want to make sure that this brilliant piece of work gets lots of attention, in a positive way. The very final release have to show the ******* industry, that great amount of time and lots bug testing is worth it.

Writing this, it made me clear, that this might become the best db game out there. And it's very important to have a final version, which won't need 100 patches to make it run smoothly, imho it has to be the mod that gaming magazines will proudly write about and I'm sure that this kind of thing is more than accomplishable.

Also, at another point it was admitted that, the maps themselves could be as huge as map creator would want it, from the preview screens the maps seemed to be massive. It seems for me to be the best condition for a good dragonball role game(I think you know the type of game that I mean, the ones that mmorpgs are always want to be, but never achieve what they promise), so my question about this matter is, if you guys can imagine to release the needed sourcecode to create a standalone game based on your graphic / physics engine at some point after the final release.

PS: I extra ask for the non hl1 source, because I know that you guys have in mind to have a great multiplayer game, I'm speaking about an adventure genre game.

Thanks for reading.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, a little suggestion from my side.
At a point where you guys decide that the game is runnable, at a point where you guys are convinced it won't crash after 20 seconds of running, do you guys see a possibillity of starting an "open prefinal test". I'm asking because, I know that debug data is needed for the very final release. Just to get a picture of on what gfx's there might be trouble, or to clean up the obvious bugs and to polish the game to it's finest and ect. ect. or is even something like that planned?

I want to make sure that this brilliant piece of work gets lots of attention, in a positive way. The very final release have to show the ******* industry, that great amount of time and lots bug testing is worth it.

Writing this, it made me clear, that this might become the best db game out there. And it's very important to have a final version, which won't need 100 patches to make it run smoothly, imho it has to be the mod that gaming magazines will proudly write about and I'm sure that this kind of thing is more than accomplishable.

Also, at another point it was admitted that, the maps themselves could be as huge as map creator would want it, from the preview screens the maps seemed to be massive. It seems for me to be the best condition for a good dragonball role game(I think you know the type of game that I mean, the ones that mmorpgs are always want to be, but never achieve what they promise), so my question about this matter is, if you guys can imagine to release the needed sourcecode to create a standalone game based on your graphic / physics engine at some point after the final release.

PS: I extra ask for the non hl1 source, because I know that you guys have in mind to have a great multiplayer game, I'm speaking about an adventure genre game.

Thanks for reading.
There is no such thing as a non HL1 source. Its all done using the Half Life 1 SDK

Best answers
But I assume its possible to outsource the needed core files from hl1, because (I think) you stated that there's only 10% ca. of the original enginecode left.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Congrats on your 4th post, mate.
Ha! Indeed, thanks. Moving up in the world, it would seem. I'm more of a lurker than anything else - preferring to sit in the background and watch silently. Heck, I've been following this project since 2002. I just never actually posted anything, or, made an account, for that matter. I honestly wish I had the money to pay these guys for the work they do. It's not like any other major company would actually care enough to give us a licensed PC version of these games - it seems.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ha! Indeed, thanks. Moving up in the world, it would seem. I'm more of a lurker than anything else - preferring to sit in the background and watch silently. Heck, I've been following this project since 2002. I just never actually posted anything, or, made an account, for that matter. I honestly wish I had the money to pay these guys for the work they do. It's not like any other major company would actually care enough to give us a licensed PC version of these games - it seems.
Congrats on your 5th post, mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom