Whats your view on drugs?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people may consider marijuana to be okay because it's effects aren't as powerfull as the other drugs but others consider it the worst because it's supposed to be a gateway drugs to other/more drugs.

Or have you ever taken them before? and if so would you do it again and are you still doing it? and if so why or why not.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Any drug is bad for you if you overuse it. Be it pot, LSD, speed, etc. Exceptions are cocaine and heroine, now those are dangerous no matter how much you take.

However, occasional weed does absolutely no harm, getting drunk one an occasional party or something is also okay if you don't go overboard. To put it simply, if you're taking any sorts of drugs (except heroine and cocaine, which you should NEVER take), don't take them often, and when you do, do it in moderation. That's my views on the thing even though I've never been drugged.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any drug is bad for you if you overuse it. Be it pot, LSD, speed, etc. Exceptions are cocaine and heroine, now those are dangerous no matter how much you take.

However, occasional weed does absolutely no harm, getting drunk one an occasional party or something is also okay if you don't go overboard. To put it simply, if you're taking any sorts of drugs (except heroine and cocaine, which you should NEVER take), don't take them often, and when you do, do it in moderation. That's my views on the thing even though I've never been drugged.
Then how would you know if they're ok if you never taken these?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Because I know people who did. Who still do, occasionally (and no it's not the one you're thinking of >_>), and they're completely normal. I'm talking pot, and in some cases, even LSD. They take LSD very rarely, though. And there's always one guy who isn't drugged besides them, just to make sure they won't jump out the window or something.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't personally use illegal drugs.. but from a libertarian standpoint, I think very few drugs should be made illegal by the government.

People get caught up in trying to turn the government into the enforcement of their specific morality. But if you sit down and think about what the purpose of a government is--what do you come with up? I come up with a system designed to maintain public order in society with as minimum an impact on it as possible.

Some people see government as a system in which they can forcefully push their religious beliefs (by banning practices contrary to their religion) on others, regardless of their motives.

Bottom line? I think people should be left alone to live their lives as they please, provided they maintain the responsibility of not preventing anyone else from doing the same. When a person can't handle the responsibility of their freedom, then I believe it is the government's job (through the police) to take steps to stop it.

If a person uses marijuana in the privacy of their own home, doesn't endanger their children, friends, parents, etc--I see no problem with that.

Things do get more complicated if a person causes harm to themselves and others INDIRECTLY because of that harm.

Example: Person (let's say "Andrew") smokes cigarettes and drinks alcohol non-stop. He's probably going to damage his liver and lungs long-term, which mean that unless he's willing to die, he's going to be a significant drain on society by taking up medical resources that could've been used on people who became sick through no fault of their own.

So even though he's "harming himself"--he's also harming society as a whole (assuming he doesn't have enough of his OWN money to pay for all of his treatment), through his actions.

Responsibility and moderation are the key. Again, I don't use illicit substances--not because I believe that it's "wrong," but there are too many unknown effects on our bodies and the potential for abuse is significant. I abstain.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do not do any illegal drug and never have. I have plenty of friends who smoke marijuana, and I don't mind.

It's unfair to call drugs "bad" because I know people who smoke weed every now and then, drink, and used to smoke who have better classes than mine. I also know people who smoke weed constantly and probably won't make it well in life.

But, getting a high from drugs does not fit with me. I like to be in control of what I say/do and I have my own ways of relaxing and taking the edge off. The closest thing I have gotten to being "high" were painkillers when my wisdom teeth were pulled out. I was playing a video game (Folklore, would you know it) and the pain killer was taking effect, and felt so at peace, warm, and without a care in the world. I even thought "I wonder what weed is like to this"?

But I don't really follow the "you can't say anything about it if you haven't tried it" because I could say the same thing about denouncing pedophilia. And part of the reason why I never got in to drugs is the manner people who use them refer to it and talk about it. The whole "dude, I am gonna get so ****ed up tonight" attitude is very common in high school, and it would feel like I would be subjecting myself to such a mindset. It may not be true, but it just feels that way.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the reason i dislike marijuana is that its a, well, deceitful escape from reality. its one thing when you read a book, immerse yourself in a virtual world (WoW) or watch a movie. but you dont learn anything from getting high, you dont expand mental function (in reality you probably inhibit it), nothing is being worked.

and i hate people who say they cant have fun without getting drunk/stoned. **** you. you'd be surprised how much fun you can have without that bull****.

yeah, if you havent guessed im the one who always sits out to make sure the idiots dont do something stupid. all the same goes for the higher drugs, except now your getting into the negative biological responses.

as the others said, i probably wouldnt ban marijuana and a few choice other drugs but i would excel to try to teach them why its not good. what ive noticed is that even a small ammount does change your personality, even if only a little it DOES cause problems. probably not permanent or life threatening but you just need that change in you for a few minutes to do serious damage to your relationships.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, it's not my thing. I want to try weed out, I want to try shrooms out, but just to actually see what its like.

If you do do drugs, that's fine with me. It's a personal choice in my opinion. Drugs should be decriminalized, it does not affect anyone else, again, it's a personal choice.

Best answers
Nothing bad comes from smoking a blunt,true it can lead to other drugs, but it only leads people who were destined to go down that road.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I smoke weed but I've never gotten any urges to try cocaine or heroin or any hardcore drug. The only thing I would consider trying are mushrooms and probably only once at that. I also don't smoke that often, although last semester I did a lot, which was pretty dumb. Weed shouldn't be illegal also because IMO it causes a lot less harm then alcohol potentially can. Plus it makes you feel awesome (in my case it anyway).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as it takes a dent in my morality to say it, no use lying on the interbutts.

I've tried only 3 things as of thus, and it shall pertain this way.

Drinking (which I love)
Smoking weed (which isn't anything spectacular. Don't do it, but tried it)
And shrooms (love it with all my heart. Also, hate it with all my heart.)

Drinking: First tried it 6 months back at my brother's graduation. Played drunken guitar hero for the first time ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4-lVkQoCi0 ) lolar.

Inevitably, I didn't do anything much after, until my friend invited me to go smoke with him. He convinced me it was really relaxing and I said, sure, i'll try it.

First time I did it, nothing really happened. I was myself.
Second time I did it, I was so tripped out, everything was weird, but I ended up using my whole 'high' to throw up.
Third time I did it, I was determined just to see what it would be like being high and enjoying it. Happened, was pretty fun. WAAAAAAAAAY over hyped though.

Lastly, on new years, I decided to try shrooms. I personally am fascinated with hallucination. It's just ****ing cool thinking about seeing weird ass **** that isn't there. That's my opinion though.

Anyways, took shrooms on new years with my bud hunter and his friend Scotty. We ended up playing rock band for about 5-6 hours. One of the best nights of my life. I only saw one visual. That one movie where that kid is riding his tricycle down the hallway and he see's the two dead twin girls "Come play with us". I saw those two girls, and I wasn't scared at all. I just started laughing my ass off.

and that night, I felt skinny. I actually felt skinny for the first time. It was ****ing amazing feeling that light. Best part is, shrooms did good for me. I work out now and am trying as hard as I can to lose this weight. It was just a great feeling thinking I felt really skinny.

Anyways, and then of course, with that great night, last friday I took them again, this time in an unfamiliar place and with about 40-50 unfamiliar people.

I had a bad trip this time and felt like my mind was trapped in hell. It was sooooo bad. Ended up almost breaking my finger, scratched my face with fingernails (dug em in and peeled skin), and I almost stabbed myself in the gut with a kitchen knife. And the head too.

Regardless, I won't be getting high or shroomed any time soon. But getting drunk is still fun.

My final saying goes: I only go drinking and maybe smoking once every about 3 months. Maybe twice. I don't like to go out and do it often as it'd go against near everything I stand for, and I'd be a hypocrite if I did. But I see nothing wrong with letting loose every once in a while :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Anyways, took shrooms on new years with my bud hunter and his friend Scotty. We ended up playing rock band for about 5-6 hours. One of the best nights of my life. I only saw one visual. That one movie where that kid is riding his tricycle down the hallway and he see's the two dead twin girls "Come play with us". I saw those two girls, and I wasn't scared at all. I just started laughing my ass off.
Haha, wanna have some fun with hallucination? Tell a kid on shrooms that he's covered in ants.

Anyway, hard drugs are the only real "problem" I see. I like weed and I like drinking, but I don't like cocaine or anything like that. I did shrooms once and boy that was an experience. I had about a 50/50 trip. I freaked out once, but up until then I was having a lot of fun.

I see no problem with them. The government, in my opinion, shouldn't suppress the freedoms we, as a people, enjoy. I understand the argument, "well, if we just let America do drugs as they please, do you really think the majority of them are going to be responsible about it?". So I'm of mixed feelings on suppressing drugs, but I'm at least responsible about it, so I can't understand why more people aren't.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, wanna have some fun with hallucination? Tell a kid on shrooms that he's covered in ants.
Nothing would happen.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
drugs ****ing rule. seriously.

when magus comes to visit, we're gonna videotape the whole experiance just so you guys can see what it's like.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
drugs ****ing rule. seriously.

when magus comes to visit, we're gonna videotape the whole experiance just so you guys can see what it's like.
Good, the Feds will need evidence for later.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, the feds can't do **** in england :p

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say all drug useres should be put in prison where they should rot all drugs are bad what onslaught said the pigs in england are useless peaceis of crap lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The sad thing is that Synth is joking. >:

Personally I have no problem with people doing drugs less dangerous/addictive than ethanol (which is the only drug I've tried recreationally).

Addictive and dangerous drugs ("heavier" drugs) are in my opinion ludicrous to use, and I think the people who use them should either be put through forced rehab, or denied welfare and healthcare. It's unfair on society that numb-skulls like them should leech off us because they fail at life.

Most "heavy" drugs also have a medicinal purpose though, and so I wouldn't ban them in any case, as the dumb-asses hooked on them would likely break into hospitals for them instead.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think drugs are a good thing to try, but realize they aren't the answer to your problems.

Back in the day I used to smoke weed a lot... and it allowed me to relax and enjoy life a lot more.

Other stuff like heroine, crystal meth, extacy, cocaine, etc, is severely overrated and a waste of time.

If you're going to go heavy, just try LSD once and call it a day.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are monks who take ecstasy and meditate, so I wouldn't say it's a horrible drug. As with all things, moderation is key, and you probably shouldn't go break-dancing after taking it unless you want to experience what it'd be like to be in a volcano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom