What's your router?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, post your router. Brand, revision, pics, whatever. Just curious, as seeing most open, unprotected wireless routers in my area are Linksys.

I'm rocking a Linksys WRT54GL:

It's basically a WRT54G V4, which Linksys rehashed when people complained about the switch from a Linux kernel to VxWorks. And since this one is running Linux, there's plenty of custom firmware to be found:

Anyway, we've had worse threads (posting your shoes and phones <_<), so post your router!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
My main router is a PC. 500mhz Pentium 3, 256mb ram, 8gb disk, 6 NICs (5 fast, 1 legacy + some sort of coax connector), running Debian Linux, acting as a router, caching + authoritative DNS server, authoritative DHCP server,, and filtering firewall (so I can filter traffic from .gov, .cn, .tw, .ca, etc.). It acts as the gateway to my network.

My main non-PC router is this: http://xs104.xs.to/xs104/06320/routar.jpg

Linksys WRT54G v5 (don't get a v5 or v6)

It's running DD-WRT firmware, as the stock firmware is, well, ****.

Linksys is ok, but if you use a Linksys BEFW11S4 V2 or V3, you're a ****ing moron.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It might be a different version, but you get the idea.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Wow, this "routar" seems popular. Hard to find over here in Australia though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't find a picture of mine, so I'll just say I have the same one as the rest of you. That counts, right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. You guys love the Linksys, huh?

I have a netgear mr814 wireless. Pretty good--not great, but better than the linksys I had, performance wise. It has FAR less customizability than the linksys as far as port forwards go, though.

Retired
Best answers
I Have 2 Routers

The Router For 1 segment is

Cisco 1760 Router

the Other Segment is a LinkSys WRT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom