What's your RIDE!!!!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Post your ride or die. And if you know anything about it post that too.

2000 Jeep Wrangler sport utility
2 door
6 cyl. 181 hp engine
5 speed manual
Oversized tires, I can't remember the width's and I'm too lazy to go look.

Alrighty it's got Front Basher Bumper, Front Grill Guard, AEM Air Intake System, Heavy Duty Optima Redtop Battery, Doetsch DT3000 Shocks, Dynomax Exhaust Cat-Back, Best Rocker Panels, Omix Light Bar with 4 auxiliary lights, Two rear Auxiliary lights, Bestop Soft Top, Bestop Side Steps, Bestop InstaTruck, Legacy Neoprene Seat Covers, Extended Fender Flairs. And when i have the money I'm going to see if I can get a front stabalizer bar, which disconnects electronically. This increases the ramp travel index by like 30% or something, which keeps all four wheels on the ground at all times for maximum traction. That and I want a six inch lift, which I'll probably get done first. That i'll do myself though. Oh yeah, and it needs a trailer hitch for my dirtbikes and ATV's.

I haven't seen any of these posts around, so do it or die.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It has wheels and runs on electricity, and has room for a bunch of people. If you feel tired, you can take a nap and you won't get mugged on this train unless you're going into deep Queens. Then you should probably stay awake. My other ride is the D train, which is an express train, so it goes pretty fast.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SSE (pic is of the same model and color, but pic is not of MY vehicle)

All the car I could ever want or need. Handles great, decent MPG's, excellent trunk space, and plenty room for whoever wants to ride with you. It's a sedan, but a Hell of a sedan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Curse you Americans and your cheap automobiles. *Cries*

Also, what's the mileage on one of those trains Zeo? Are they bum-resistant?

Edit: J-Dude! How could you! You said "Hell"! Blasphemy! [/joke]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't get a used car for $5000 or less in Norway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A decent used car? Are you crazy? Sure, you might get one that's twelve years old with a bit of rust that runs. It won't look very nice.

We have taxes on basically everything. As an example, the cheapest Volkswagen Passat Trendline costs 275 000 crowns. I think the currency is 'bout 6.6 crowns per dollar. You do the math. Actually, I'll do it for you. That's 40 000 dollars. How much would said vehicle cost in the US? In Sweden alone it'd be 'bout 10 000 dollars cheaper.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So...I guess that's a no. 40 grand is pretty ridiculous. You could buy one of these with that much money:

http://www.corvettetraderonline.com/

Why are cars so expensive over there?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said. Taxes. 40 grand was a new one though, you could get cheaper if they're used and older. That applies to all cars here.

Not only is it expensive to buy fuel, it's expensive to own the car as well thanks to everything being expensive here. There are taxes on CO2 emissions, too. Like that helps.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you need a car, there's no reason not to get a used one or an older model unless you can afford to get something new. If 40 grand is out of your range, then you might be aiming a little too high. I'm still in college, so I'll take whatever I can get, even if it's a rowboat with an engine and wheels. Taking dates on cab rides is okay once and awhile, but having my own car is infinitely better. Right now, when I'm not taking a bus or a train to the city or to a different borough, I'm using a hand-me-down 05 Subaru Legacy. If it weren't for my father getting another car, I'd still be paying for cabs or walking everywhere since all of the money I'm getting is going directly to my education.

Anyway, it sucks that you can't buy a decent used car. Death and taxes and all that. At least you have the health care thing going.

Best answers

Whey! Seat Toledo -92, 2.0i. (Not a picture of my car, but looks exactly alike in winter.)
It cost me 850 euros when i bought it last year and after fixing some small faults with my dad, its been running nicely without giving up on me yet. It probably wont impress the girls while riding around town, but it gets me from point A to point B.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Pontiac Bonneville 98 SLE i think, same as this but white. It's old but I <3 it, such a spacious car ;).

Best answers
Not mine but my dad's SEAT BEAST! pictures are not from our cars but they are tottaly same.(2 lazy to get pictures now)

And my mum's(its same without the red line):

And my dad's old car(its white):

EDIT: yep 3 cars :D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

'06 Smart Fortwo Coupe (all black, as in the picture above; just not with the steering wheel on the right-hand side).

That's the official university commute car. When that's not available/feasible (note Winnipeg's ghastly cold weather and the fact that the Smart's 3-cyl engine can't generate a tremendous amount of heat), there's always the old '99 Cirrus LX

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2001 Pontiac Sunfire. Two door and black. Her name is Noir and she's a sexy *****. No pictures as of now since she's a dirty girl and has two different sets of rims on her thanks to careless driving and low funds on my part

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom