• Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nge

Best answers
Firefox all the way.

Gon- I.E. is much more suseptable to spywear and viruses. Viruses are not that common, but spywear accumulation can occur quite easily on Explorer compared to firefox.

Plus, mouse3 tabbed windows + mouse guestures on firefox = win.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Firefox all the way.

Gon- I.E. is much more suseptable to spywear and viruses. Viruses are not that common, but spywear accumulation can occur quite easily on Explorer compared to firefox.

Plus, mouse3 tabbed windows + mouse guestures on firefox = win.
IE's active-x controls make it more at risk to spyware and worms. The first time I noticed problems with ie, in the case that a site that used java had jsut crashed in ie, witch is what lead e to go download firefox & Iv'e been using it since version 0.9.

Best answers
firefox....idk what i was doing browsing before it,all i know is since i got it..its made my life easier <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The whole "whoamg IE is virus/spyware target loolllol" is really getting tired. If you use firefox because you like its extra options that's one thing, and that's fine. More power to ya. If you're using it because you simply don't know how to configure IE and fear it will somehow destroy your computer... stop clicking yes to the popups (which you could block if you configure correctly), really. Even my grandmother can use IE and not get owned by spyware. It's not hard.

/endrant

Cucumba said:
A properly configured Internet Explorer 6 though I do have a copy of Firefox installed.
Ditto. IE has always been fine for me, but I have firefox just for the hell of it.

Best answers
Opera.

I used opera from the start. Once my classmate told me firefox owns opera, so I wanted to find out how much it owns so I installed it and started using for everyday tasks.

1 month later, I was sick of it.

The reasons sumed up are:
Firefox deleted my bookmarks 3 times,
6 times I had to find/install all the extensions because they refused to work and I don't know the reason why.
About 60% of all my downloads crashing firefox at the end.
None of the skins look good.
Most of the extensions you will download are opera-like feature addons.
The tabbed browsing never works as i want it to work.

Did a little test the other day. I executed firefox(10extensions and 2 skins no tabs open) and untill it actualy loaded 100%, I managed to open and close opera with 69 tabs open 3 TIMES!

Oh and, everyone knows firefox has some HUGE issues with the performance:
Websites load faster (A LOT FASTER) with opera, not even cached ones.
Try looking at a gif file with more than 1 frame in firefox and look at task manager. It uses most of the cpu while rendering the gif file, while opera does that with ease. And dont think my PC Specs are low, I play hl2 on everything high, full AA and AF 1240x1024 on average of 70 FPS.

So, the thing i noticed about firefox or ie users, is that they judge about other browsers without even trying it properly (like I was trying to see ANYTHING good about firefox the whole month).

So, before you think your browser is the best of all, try others!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps I should give opera a try then. I've only given Firefox and IE a try.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RastaDude said:
Opera.

I used opera from the start. Once my classmate told me firefox owns opera, so I wanted to find out how much it owns so I installed it and started using for everyday tasks.

1 month later, I was sick of it.

The reasons sumed up are:
Firefox deleted my bookmarks 3 times,
6 times I had to find/install all the extensions because they refused to work and I don't know the reason why.
About 60% of all my downloads crashing firefox at the end.
None of the skins look good.
Most of the extensions you will download are opera-like feature addons.
The tabbed browsing never works as i want it to work.

Did a little test the other day. I executed firefox(10extensions and 2 skins no tabs open) and untill it actualy loaded 100%, I managed to open and close opera with 69 tabs open 3 TIMES!

Oh and, everyone knows firefox has some HUGE issues with the performance:
Websites load faster (A LOT FASTER) with opera, not even cached ones.
Try looking at a gif file with more than 1 frame in firefox and look at task manager. It uses most of the cpu while rendering the gif file, while opera does that with ease. And dont think my PC Specs are low, I play hl2 on everything high, full AA and AF 1240x1024 on average of 70 FPS.

So, the thing i noticed about firefox or ie users, is that they judge about other browsers without even trying it properly (like I was trying to see ANYTHING good about firefox the whole month).

So, before you think your browser is the best of all, try others!
Apparently an issue you have lsited relating to gif files was a driver related issue and apparently was fixed with newer nvidia drivers (or so I heard this was at a gfx card driver level of problem). I must admit though I like the way Opera works, though iv'e been using firefox for such a lnog time now that I jsut got use to it and couldn't stand Opera's interface. Plus, for me it didn't seem to support keyboard shortcuts such as ctrl + enter (add all the url related stuff such as .com, there are all so other shortcuts such as shift + enter for .net urls).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Opera on Windows (until I find something better... or be assimilated), and Konqueror on Kubuntu.

Best answers
Firefox with the Fasterfox, Adblock and a few other extensions ^.^ Works great for me! It chews up at max about 70Mb of ram but that isnt to much of a problem with 1,5gb of ram.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What amazes me is how they keep saying that IE has the greater market share. I know very few people who prefer IE over Opera or Firefox. I think the majority of people who actually surf regularily use an IE alternative, and that the rest use IE by default.

Really, 38-9 says it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom