What's with the PC Gaming Titles ?

Best answers
This just bothers me for some reason, because i really do want to get into PC gaming, but they seem very limited. I dont mind saving up and working hard to invest in great Video Cards or a great amount of RAM or any of that stuff. But it just never seems to offer anything outside of MMO's, RS, and FPS--

(Note: Those are what i see or hear about the most atleast.)

Why don't they dont release any Fighting titles, or Action Adventure titles and when i say those type of games, im talking about known ones-- why can't great games like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, or even some Anime titles be played on the PC ? Are devs like Capcom, Bandai or Tecmo not interested ? Would their not be any money to be made or something ? It just seems like PC only gets maybe 30 to 35% of the console games converted over-- it seems like alot of devs are restricted to consoles or something. While im aware that Capcom does actually try sometimes, they dont seem to port over too good from the views i read.

KyoKusanagi

K
Fighting games haven't had a good history on PC - the controls usually aren't as good (though i actually prefer using a keyboard for Street Fighter) and are in most cases just prettier ports of console ones.

Yes Ninja Gaiden would be great on PC but I'm not too sure how well it'd work without a control pad. The Prince of Persia Trilogy is a must have for action adventure fans and is arguably the best on PC. Also keep an eye out for Tomb Raider Legend - a return to form by Eidos and Crystal Dynamics after the farce that was Angel of Darkness.

Best answers
-- Seriously 0_0 ?

Fighting games haven't had a good history on PC - the controls usually aren't as good (though i actually prefer using a keyboard for Street Fighter) and are in most cases just prettier ports of console ones.

Yes Ninja Gaiden would be great on PC but I'm not too sure how well it'd work without a control pad. The Prince of Persia Trilogy is a must have for action adventure fans and is arguably the best on PC. Also keep an eye out for Tomb Raider Legend - a return to form by Eidos and Crystal Dynamics after the farce that was Angel of Darkness.
But i though their were PC controllers that are similar to console gaming controllers on the market-- even converters that would allow you play those types of games with your favorite PS2, Xbox, GC controller. It doesn't seem like that would really be a problem at all. I dont understand how fighting games couldn't of worked just as well as their console counterparts.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
-- Seriously 0_0 ?
TBH I was guessing. But if you think about, piracy on a PC takes bit torrent.

Piracy on consoles requires modifying your system, possibly breaking it in the process to accomplish.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
fighting games just dont work very well on the pc. Its like bringing a real time strategy game to a console. Yea it can be done, but its hard to pull off, and hard to play on.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like others have said, fighting games don't translate to the PC well. Mostly because of controls, secondly because people would want online multiplayer--and online multiplayer doesn't work out so well in fighting games.

The developer can't rely that everybody who wants the game has a controller, so it's an extra hassle to design the game for use with a keyboard. Plus, it's more difficult to develop for PC than say, PS2, because all PS2s have pretty much the same hardware--they know how far they can push the envelope--plus, on PC, you have to have a rather extensive line of technical support to deal with people who can't or have difficulty running it.

Best answers
Mainly with PC games its all about the RTS FPS and MMO's, lets face it, playing a game like call of duty, halo, FEAR, or any other shooter on a console is annoying because of that god awful joystick, not to mention they make the radius of the crosshair bigger making it easier to hit get em in the circle line etc its a hit.

They also add some type of a Autoaim you just don't notice it, however it is there.

RTS ok then this is a big one, imagine playing a game like the new supreme commander on a 360 without a mouse and a keyboard, you have to be fast and witty with a joystick it just won't happen, which is why i can't figure out why they ported the Battle for middleearth 2 over to 360 but meh whatever.

MMO's the back bone of the PC gaming community since UO, not much to say people like MMO's and every year some get better some get worse, personally i just bought a new pc, crazy price, but its a nice pc, however i set it up so i should have no problem with the new games comming out this year or next year, also the Directx 10 will help change the pc gaming quite a bit, and i don't believe the new consoles will support it, seeming they both have like 256 or 512 ram heh.

Ah well that is just my take on it, by the way if you want a fighting game, wait for the giant robot fighter by ncsoft this or next year known as exteel, i saw the trailer for it, suppose to be a 16 person brawl, thats all i know but meh have a blast, here is IGN's take on pc gaming, this was just my 2 cents.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/710/710052p1.html

E3 2006: PlayNC
NCSoft shows off some good, free games.
by Steve Butts
May 11, 2006 - One of the more pleasant surprises of this morning was NCSoft's introduction of four brand new titles that are going to be part of their free PlayNC service. Since most "free" games tend to be either terrible or shallow, we weren't expecting much. Fortunately, the games NCSoft has lined up not only seem really fun but also offer some first-rate visuals. The new PlayNC games are aimed at a larger, more casual market than some of NCSoft's other offerings, but they still seem to offer enough gameplay to keep the hardcore crowd interested.

First up is Dungeon Runners, an action-heavy RPG. Played fast and furious, the game starts players in a centrally-located town. The usual vendors and whatnot are located here as well as a fast travel obelisk that lets players instantly jump to any area they've already explored. The demo took us to the Whispering Woods where the player engaged in some fast action combat with a variety of monsters. Since each zone is instanced and generated procedurally, players are sure to find a uniquely personal experience each time they revisit a zone. To further increase the appeal to new players, the game will forego any death penalties and also allow you to move your character from server to server.
The next title we saw was Exteel, a third-person robot fighting game. Supporting up to 16 people at one time, the arenas in Exteel allow for some very cinematic, exciting combat. There are tons of weapons here, from laser submachine guns to giant bus-sized siege cannons to glowing energy swords. The art style is very clean and crisp and will be instantly familiar to Gundam fans. Players have tons of customization options for their robots, not just in terms of their abilities but also in terms of their appearance. The online modes support a variety of gameplay types from the standard free-for-all and team deathmatches to more elaborate capture modes.

The best looking of the games is the martial arts soccer hybrid Soccer Fury. Boasting graphics that rival those of the best looking games on the show floor, Soccer Fury is a freaking beautiful game. The arenas are made up a variety of urban environments each of which is subject to a range of weather and time of day effects. The one we saw in the demo was a highly detailed rooftop. As with the other games in the lineup, there's a wide variety of customization options for your players, allowing them to specialize in certain soccer roles or boost up their combat abilities. Better still, there are special team skills and abilities that you can purchase to give your entire three-man squad an edge. Each team will have an AI-run goalie that can be upgraded as well.

The final game in the lineup is an anime-style tennis game currently called Smash Stars. (The game will have a different title when it is released.) The light, cartoonish style of the game is apparent in the visuals and the quirky abilities of the players. In addition to wielding unlikely objects like frying pans as racquets, the game also features inventive magical abilities and a host of customization options.

We normally roll our eyes at the very mention of "free" games but it's clear that NCSoft has a quartet of winners ready for the PlayNC service. They'll certainly find a way to monetize the offerings but allowing players to buy extra content but no details have been finalized yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom