What's the G stand for?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was watching the first episode of Invader Zim earlier and I was wondering what the G in GIR actually stands for. I mean, the others are called 'SIR's, as in Standard Information Retrival Unit; SIR. But when Zim's model is made it's called GIR, so what's the G for? Great? Groovy? Garbage? My curiosity is killing me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probally garbage. Considering GIR was made from scraps of garbage.

Offtopic: You're supposed to help me with the plug in for esf >_>

Best answers
I think it stands for ***wad... or garbage i remember something about garbage when it was on. it's not on in the us anymore i hear some online petition got it banned for having an alien in it or something.

Best answers
Kasey said:
I think it stands for ***wad... or garbage i remember something about garbage when it was on. it's not on in the us anymore i hear some online petition got it banned for having an alien in it or something.
It's still in the US, but not on regular TV. It's on my digital cable :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as the *cough* expert, on invader zim. it is NEVER clarified in the series what the G stands for. and since Gir himself doesnt know, we can only assume its one of the (many many many) flaws in his programming.

and before you question me, ive had the whole series since it was first aired, and i also have the DVD box set, and numerous teddy's XD

Gir = my idol

ps. it was actually banned shortly after the "organ harvest" episode, in which zim harvests peoples organs, replacing them with random objects, and implanting those organs into himself, in order to pass a school medical exam.

people thought that was a bit bad. and to be honest i can see where they are coming from. for a cartoon its pretty disturbed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zim: Gir? Whats the "G" stand for?
Gir: I DON'T know.....

It's just the fact that he is scrap, and his computer is made of like 3 nuts 2 screws and I think a penny..

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
ps. it was actually banned shortly after the "organ harvest" episode, in which zim harvests peoples organs, replacing them with random objects, and implanting those organs into himself, in order to pass a school medical exam.

people thought that was a bit bad. and to be honest i can see where they are coming from. for a cartoon its pretty disturbed.
Nickolodeon never should have gotten it. Fox or Cartoon Network would have had it running for years - only the people who brought your Keenen and Kel would allow such a great show to fall.

Best answers
Ya keenan and kell was ***. Same with all that it's like they were trying to make a kid version of mad tv or saturday night live.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
Nickolodeon never should have gotten it. Fox or Cartoon Network would have had it running for years - only the people who brought your Keenen and Kel would allow such a great show to fall.

i disagree, look what cartoon network has done to just about every anime going. since CN and Toonami are pretty much the same company, i would imagine they would rape Zim hardcore, and to be perfectly honest, i think i wouldnt like it as much =/

isnt the creator the same guy who made Earthworm Jim?

the contents of Gir's brain are as follows:
2 coins
1 screw
1 paperclip
1 gumball
some pocket fluff

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i disagree, look what cartoon network has done to just about every anime going. since CN and Toonami are pretty much the same company, i would imagine they would rape Zim hardcore, and to be perfectly honest, i think i wouldnt like it as much =/
Depends on when they would have gotten it. Had they gotten at the same time Nickolodeon got it, then yeah, it would have been raped, but now CN pretty much tries to keep it's more adult shows uncut like the various ones seen on Adult Swim.

Best answers
*Sniff* I love Invader Zim, and I wish I was still able to see it. I saw the dvd box set once but didn't have to money for it, and when I went back the day after it had already been sold.

"I am Government Man, come from the government. Hoho, this is no alien, it's an experimental aircraft."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dib: "oh no you dont zim! IIII am the only one with the disk!"
Zim "Well IIIM the only one with the technology to read the disk!!!"
Gir "and IIIIIIM!!! hehe... I DUNNO!!! XD"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom