Whats the Deal with Installation

Best answers
I have look through most of the forum. From what I gather I need to have counterstrike and steam inorder for the install box to ungray and i need to run counterstrike inorder for it to work. I have done this, I played counterstrike, I have a valid counterstrike program, and it still is gray. I just want to know what is the deal? Do I have to buy half-life? Cause i really dont want considering i already beat it and lost the CD years ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes you do. We've heard every CD-Key excuse in the book including 'my pet dinosaur ate the CD case'.

You need a legitimate copy of Half-Life and a legitimate CD-Key to install and play ESF.

$12 on Amazon, you can't say fairer than that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You used to be able to (might still be able to, but I don't know where) get a retail version of just Counter-Strike. If that's what you're using, Counter-Strike retail, mods should work the same as with HL1. If, however, you're using the Counter-Strike from Condition Zero, it's unsuitable for mods and you'll need to purchase Half-Life 1.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell, if you buy the HL collection package at best buy that's only 20 dollars and you get 5 games. Plus all the free mods to go with it. You can't tell me that's not a deal. BUY IT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom