Whats the best way to improve skills at ESF?

Best answers
Practice...
(Unless you like beams) :p hehe, just kidding, beams require practice too...

Best answers
you could play with bots, ive learned a few good tricks playing with them. But its better to play with other people...and you might want to use the scouter too, it helps a lot

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You confuse Ryoko and Tepus?! *imagines Ryoko killing a certain someone atm* ;P

Anyway, I just started playing a little buit again, and even though I have cable, I've found that my best melee hits are landed not in head to head combat where ping rules, but when I can get around to the side or another odd angle from teleportting. Also, there's something to be said for if you can pull off a long distance shot with a large beam. A lot of times if you're far enough away, ppl won't pay attention t you and then they just get nailed.

-Karrde-

Best answers
well jus get "owned" by ppl and sorta adapt :D dont fight ppl u know u can beat, unless its for fun..but if u kill some newbie and brag tahts bad :( and bots really suck..i hate em all!! they probably make u worse than help you. anyway, i saw some high ping players. they were good! (for 250+ ping :]) but jus play the "good" guys and learn stuff on ur own. and also check out that "melee tricks?" section
lates

Best answers
I suggest you play against them good players,and if you are having ping probs you can just use bots,but they are way WORSE in melee.Trust me.;)

BTW,Your ping and mine are barely the same :) We shall strive for who is the better high-pinger

Best answers
play online! it's the best way to learn new skills... im always playing with a 56k modem... but next week i will have 512k!!!!!!!!!!... anyway i always play online...my lag is too high...probably because im from argentina...
(sorry if my english isn't very good) o_O

Best answers
just practice ur melee against a friend. try being as un predictable as posible and try get out of their line of sight when ur swoopiping in to hit. as soon as u hit them zanzoken out of the way and recharge ur energy, especially if they blocked ur shot. beams r useless . u just dodge them and they burn up too much energy neways . use the 2nd attack thing. the little energy balls to create a ki blob when they r koed on the floor for accouple of seconds . will burn up some of their life. the rest is up to ur fighting style etc .

Best answers
actually if you use beams right then they are not useless,just dont use those really long to charge ones like KHH or something....try generic beams and BA,they are ok for melee

and for a tip in the game,learn teleport control,the best controller on teleport will win if he does it right.....esp. together with swoop and beams(yes beams)

and one more thing,dont recharge for too long,having a full ki bar can be good,but it can also be bad,so stick to recharging your for lets say....half a second?That's already ok for me and I get decent scores with it....unless Im up against Z clan or ape....

Best answers
The Saiyan way of course.

Get your ass kicked from players who are more experienced than you and learn from it. After so long you will begin to see patterns in how skilled fighters go about opening cans of whup-ass.

You have a brain that is capable of careful observation and learning. Use it.

Best answers
Hmm, I try asking questions. Although, only 1 out of every 15 or so people I ask respond, and it may be something like, "stfu noob". I gotta say, when I get triple teamed and kill them all I feel like I'm good for a moment, then one a guy beats me down and I don't have a second to even attack back I feel really sucky at this game. I'm probably the latter :).

You can't learn if they just own you as some people do and you have no chance of escape :p. I've honestly not gotten any better than when I started a week ago except for teleporting to/away from people. Some people do one swoop down and come back up below me even though I teleport away. I don't know how some people can track your movements so well.

I play many twitch games and have relatively quick reflexes but sometimes it's just insane how well I get followed o.o

Best answers
Pissing people off and going AFK is funny, its amazing how long someone will keep targeting only you thinking they are annoying you because they keep 'spawn killing' that has nothing to do with getting better but I thought I'd share :)

Anyways, I'm getting better (Slowly) I still think ESF is pretty lame most of the time (I started playing when ESF beta 1 came out and nobody did all this lame teleport whoring and etc, I love beam fighting more.. Only way to get good is to have your arse handed to you by uber players till you learn to adept.. and always use your scouter ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom