Whatever happened to the backflip animation?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was taken out because the animation contained too many frames. I believe every model can only have so many frames combined, and because 1.2 has more different animations (for example, the swooping animations, which weren't in 1.1) they had to get rid of some frames to make room for the new moves.

That's what I heard, though.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think that was the reason, I actually forgot why we removed it... Perhaps it had something to do with the new animation system, or DT just didn't get around to doing it, we removed it since the anim wasn't in the inteam, and we just never added it back in. Either way, I'm not too sure :-/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really loved that backflip animation. :(

Any chance of its return in 1.3 being discussed on the next team meeting? Pretty please?

I know it's not a priority, and it's merely eye candy, but I think it really added to the game's 'cool-factor'. :3

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I really loved that backflip animation. :(

Any chance of its return in 1.3 being discussed on the next team meeting? Pretty please?

I know it's not a priority, and it's merely eye candy, but I think it really added to the game's 'cool-factor'. :3
I'll bring it up in the next meeting and see what happend to it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Pcjoe you are the best :D

I loved that animation ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Thank you, I really appreciate it, and I'm sure many others do as well. :3

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't know the backflip animation had such a big fan following. Looks like I'm obligated to see what happend to it, and perhaps reimplement it ^_^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
That would be awesome. The backflip animation was great, everyone loved it.

Best answers
Yeah, I would always try to do the backflip whenever I could. I did that as much as I fought o_O. I really hope it will make a re-appearence in 1.3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
I didn't know the backflip animation had such a big fan following. Looks like I'm obligated to see what happend to it, and perhaps reimplement it ^_^
:3 Told you people would agree~

I always loved backflipping off of a cliff or other high point. It looked pretty cool. x3 I really miss it nowadays.

Sometimes it's small touches like that that can really add to a game. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never played 1.1, so I must ask, what exactly is the backflip? Is it when you jump you do a backflip or something...?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
I never played 1.1, so I must ask, what exactly is the backflip? Is it when you jump you do a backflip or something...?
Yep! Nothing more, nothing less. It's just an animation.

Back in 1.1, when you jumped backwards, your character did a nice backflip while in the air. It looked really cool and ****. :3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In 1.1 you'd just jump backwards and at the peak of the jump goku would back flip. It was frickin' coo man.

I really did like that animation. I don't know why but watching goku backflip was just a lot of fun. I was dissapointed when they removed it :(

I love PCJoe!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
In 1.1 you'd just jump backwards and at the peak of the jump goku would back flip. It was frickin' coo man.

I really did like that animation. I don't know why but watching goku backflip was just a lot of fun. I was dissapointed when they removed it :(

I love PCJoe!
My fav was a Vegeta custom model. The animation was a double sault. Realy cool. But in 1.1 i played Trunks 99% of the time anyhow ^^

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember reading somthng about this before, I think it was taken out due to the easyness of swooping with the double tap system. Skipping from a half done back flip into a swoop probably looked kinda odd.

I could be horribly wrong. So go do some reasearch, it was discussed before.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh if htat was true it wouldnt make much sense, you dont really jump backwards that much and then swoop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom