What would you want to see in a Pirate VS Ninja type game?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting some ideas for a mod and I'm trying to get some friends to get involve (obviously because they want to do a mod). I'm not sure if it will be official but I'd like to hear some ideas for a Pirate VS Ninja type game. Keep this in mind I want the style to go more of a comic style, a bit like TF2 but more hardcore and bloody. So go ahead give some suggestions or what not.

If anyone wants to hear my or my friend's ideas I'll be glad to post them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2005 is that way --->

<3

lawl, i dunno, I myself aren't such a mod fan now-a-days, but if done right it could turn out pretty good.

but pirates vs ninjas cliche is waaaaay too played out imo

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yet I can't name a video game that did it. The closest thing I can think of is pirates vs vikings vs knights, which is wildly popular.

I say go for it. What engine are you thinking about using?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're going to do a game about an old meme, XTREME is the way to go. Which, if your art is going to be TF2ish, you're getting a good start. Kick up the humor a bit. I assume it's going to have different classes of ninja/pirate? If so, make sure you've got a decent semblance of balance then.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The idea of Pirates and Ninjas fighting sounds awesome. Why not try? We plan to try to make it in the Source engine. I actually wanted to try Torque because it's a free and you can design huge levels with it (Tribes 2).

One of our ideas for the pirates ninja/assassins was to make them based by eras and in the future and give them "perks" like in CoD. Perks can be sometimes an advantage to that team or class in a level designed for the perk. Get the idea? Like a futuristic pirate/ninja can dodge bullets but they are more critical to melee attacks.

(Nevermind, I was like thinking of a name of a Engine lol)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom