What would you do in this situation?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After blacking out you awake to discover that you are trapped in a room devoid of features besides a loudspeaker, a bell, vents, and a large red button in the center of the room.

A voice on the loudspeaker informs you that another individual is trapped in an identical room.

He informs you that the only way you can live is by pressing the button before the bell goes off (and intentionally neglects to tell you when that will be, the dastard). Otherwise, your room will be flooded with poison gas. The same ultimatum has been issued to the individual in the other room.

However, the twist is that if both of you hit the button, the poison gas will still be released. The only way that you can live is if you push the button and the individual in the other room chooses not to, and you have absolutely no way of communicating through the walls with the person in the other room.

So, would you push the button and sentence the person in the other room (and possibly yourself) to death, or would you attempt to save the other person (knowing that they may also choose not to save themselves)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People have self-preservation instincts. Ideally, I'd probobly just let him press the button as I expect him to and at least 1 guy would get out. But in reality I'd probobly just go for the button as it's basically the only chance I've got. Chances are he would too, but really, you have two choices: maybe live, or definitely die. So, might as well try.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on who was in the other room. 90% of the time I'd probably go for the button, but there are people that I would give my life for. So overall, I'd probably hit the button, unless it was one of my family members or someone I really care about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd take my clothes off and stuff it as well as I could into the vent. Then I'd wait and see if the other person pushed the button. If they didn't, I would.

Best answers
I guess I would have to know who it was. For me, I would probably not press it in all honesty, but my gut could be telling me "what if the person in there is a child rapist?! omfg press it you turd!"

Truthfully, I could never tell you what I would do in that situation, and I doubt anyone could truly say what they would do in that situation or something similair to it. When it comes down to the 'either me or you' mentality, a lot of people would start forgetting what they believe in and worry about holding on to their own ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd go for the button, no questions asked. If I can either die for sure, or have a chance at living, i'm gonna be taking the chance no doubt about it.

It's not like i'm a cold, evil, heartless guy. But when it comes right down to it, right down to the nitty gritty, i'm gonna choose my own life over anothers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would do nothing. I can't say as much for the other fella, but I don't want to be the cause of anyone's death in that manner.

Best answers
First i whould smash the camera and scream EAT **** !!! Then i whould rip off that red with the post... There to lazy to make it big and unbujable... button asuming its on a post.... Do something with the wents.... Depents on there construction... If there small i whould stuff em with some thing... If there big... Well i whould see if i could get somthing use full from them If there really big i whould try to esacpe thro them...Or take out the poison canister gas cearfully....

Then find ANY posible way to get out.... If they got me in there i can get out right?

All asuming the other guy Dosent rush to the button and press....

This is the 20% of what i whould do....

40% Rush to the button push it

And other 40% Ask IS THIS SOME KIND OF FREAKING JOKE!?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would laugh at the fool and just press the button, and say "ha! candid camera".

After finding out its real I have to cry out at my mommy. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dismantle the bell (No gas if it doesn't go off).
Open the vent.
Use a sock as a ghetto gas mask in case the gas goes off anyway.
Crawl to saftey.

Mr. Loudspeaker man can go **** himself cause I'm already out of there. :p
So at that point it really doesn't matter to me what the other guy did.

Best answers
Survival of the fittest . (or in this situation the fastest)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd probably do exactly what Pain did, and if I was able to get out I would find the controller's room and smash his face in--then have him release the other prisoner(s)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm I probably wouldn't have a problem pushing the button

I would get a problem if I even knew the smallest thing about the person who was about to die
like what he or she looked like
or what he or she sounds like
the moment it gets the smallest bit personal, I probably wouldn't be able to push the button anymore

Best answers
I'd kick someone in the nuts, although I'm not sure how much good it would do

If you face it, you have to push the button, and the fact of the matter is that most of us would too. No one wants to die helplessly, at least if you push the button you have a chance of living. Especially if it isn't someone you know. If it were a loved one, I might not push the button, depending on which loved one it was. But a complete stranger, you bet your ass I'm pushing that button

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What would I do in that situation? One word

Panic ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Id run straight for that button, for all i know, there might be noone in the other room.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I push it, I could live, as long as the other person doesnt push it.
If I dont push it, the bell will eventually go off and I will die.

We both know if we dont push it, we will die, because the bell will go off at some point. So we would both end up pushing it, and both die.

Or by some miracle the other person just says screw it and doesnt do anything at all, I push the button and I escape with a smile on my face. (but it would be a hard decision, because I wouldnt know who was in the other room)

This sounds like something I would see in Saw. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd just break wind and end the hard choice there and then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This situation comes straight out of Baldur's Gate. :p

Best answers
this reminds me of a very cool movie named SAW.....were this guy finds some victims and lockes em up in a room...and this guy finds a way so the victims kill em selfs......hmm...hard decision.....well I could gain some dark side point by pressing the button....but hey..first I would think that in the other room there could be someone that I really care....and die because of me...and the I would think what would happen if I don;t press the button....then the gas would come into my system....so I could not breath anymore....then as much as I would fight it I would end up doing nothing but getting more sufocated by the gas,even if I try when the gas is releash 2 push the button hoping that the gas will go away I wouln't acomplish anything but...maybe killing the other person 2.....but what am I kiddin....letz say if the other person isn't a family member then we would both rush 2 the button and kill ourself....har decision...well why not say what would you do Deman after all u posted this topic.....or are u locked in the room whit gas and can't respond :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom