WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. if the devs lost the mod files :O

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You get one of the emus heads

<b>edit:</b>

If the files were lost, Avenger, the hero of our story, would heroically build a time machine and recruit Prince Vultan and his hawkmen to savage all of Europe until the doghouse of Phil the Emu was found. Phil would fight heroically for 10 days and night to keep the source code and assets safe from non-dev team members, but would fall to the hawkmen, death pickles, waffle ninjas and various other forum goofballs and outcasts. Avenger would return to our time and put the information safely in the hands of the dev team and the puppet master in the shadows. All would be well as far as you know, and you would have never heard of it if some viking hadn't of witnessed it and celebrated it as the myth of Ragnorok in song and drunken tale.
MORE LIKE

A hero will build a time machine from the world that esf:final does not exist.
he will go back to warn mastasurf of 2 deadly virus' that will destroy the mod. He also will warn mastasurf that the virus will be infected upon the files soon and will slowly delete them.
So the hero gave mastasurf a cd with the best antivirus of the future.
The creator of the virus is Hacker Gero, Mastasurf and gero have had a bad past with esf 1.2.3.
BUT THEN Gero creates an ultra virus that has as virus' and antivirus' inside of it and when it combines with the first 2 virus' it becomes 'Perfect Virus'

TO BE CONTINUED

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
You get one of the emus heads

<b>edit:</b>

MORE LIKE

A hero will build a time machine from the world that esf:final does not exist.
he will go back to warn mastasurf of 2 deadly virus' that will destroy the mod. He also will warn mastasurf that the virus will be infected upon the files soon and will slowly delete them.
So the hero gave mastasurf a cd with the best antivirus of the future.
The creator of the virus is Hacker Gero, Mastasurf and gero have had a bad past with esf 1.2.3.
BUT THEN Gero creates an ultra virus that has as virus' and antivirus' inside of it and when it combines with the first 2 virus' it becomes 'Perfect Virus'

TO BE CONTINUED
Okay I'm drawing the line here before we start getting creepy fanfics about the dev team and DBZ characters.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay I'm drawing the line here before we start getting creepy fanfics about the dev team and DBZ characters.
Dont. Remember how popular the end of the ESF forums was?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My quess is...
The devs would smack their foreheads. And start swearing how everything is ****ed up cause nobody made an backup. and evetually move on and never look back at esf again... and only do forum trolling then. :)

Or...
they start from scratch and would implement every suggestion where was made in the last couple months and build in on multiplatform engine, combining every awesome Great and Much better engine where was recommended by the new users were joined the forums...

i dont know. pick your most likey version... :p

Best answers
If the files were lost, Avenger, the hero of our story, would heroically build a time machine and recruit Prince Vultan and his hawkmen to savage all of Europe until the doghouse of Phil the Emu was found. Phil would fight heroically for 10 days and night to keep the source code and assets safe from non-dev team members, but would fall to the hawkmen, death pickles, waffle ninjas and various other forum goofballs and outcasts. Avenger would return to our time and put the information safely in the hands of the dev team and the puppet master in the shadows. All would be well as far as you know, and you would have never heard of it if some viking hadn't of witnessed it and celebrated it as the myth of Ragnorok in song and drunken tale.
By fall you mean get tired of having waffle ninjas for breakfast?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
But...but what if the mod files are already lost and dev team's already trolling us. Who knows for how long!

Conspiracy theories.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
ahhh well i don't think they would lose the files cause they prob have a back up by everystep soo yer and have the files on a disc/usb drive

Best answers
I would Assume that for every new build they produce they have some form of backup, infact i'd be willing to bet they have it automated to run at the very least weekly to several different Locations being External HDs or Internal Discs/ DVD and USBs.

Thats how i would typically handle anything of importance, usually just using a batch file. cause im cool like that

Edit: Australia == Win

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Spamming isn't cute, even if you're Australian, and presumably drunk off your ass.
You automatically assume just because a person is Australian they are drunk off their ass. What the heck is wrong with you..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You cant loose files. Even if they all now agree to delete it from their PC's its still not lost because they probably have some online storage space, example SVN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom