What was your first personal computer?

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now if I don't count Commodore 64, my first one was PC 386/486 if I remember good. It had DOS and few games on it, I even knew commands and what not to hacks in it to play them, now that knowledge faded away..

What about you? Share your history!!!!!!!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a Compaq 386 that ran Windows 3.1 initially. But before that I played a lot of games on a 286 laptop.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I was 10 years old. The year was 2001. I started gaining an interest in PC games magazines like "Level" and "PCGamer" which offered CDs with demos on them at the time along with the magazine. After buying a few and stacking up about 5 CDs of demos plus asking for money from my mom every other day to go to Internet Cafes with my mates, I think my mom noticed how enthusiastic I was when talking about it and she made a huge effort and bought me my first PC for Xmas. It was magical to say the least.

At the time I was a complete noob and thought I had an Intel Pentium 4 and GeForce 6800 with 4GB of DDR RAM or something LOL. In fact the reality was that I had an AMD Sempron 1.6Ghz with 1GB of SDRAM and a GeForce 5200...I realised that when I got adventurous and opened it the first time. But I loved it regardless, I was running XP and the amount of demos I played on that is ridicolous, borrowed so many full games from my friends who had Internet and downloaded everything and I didn't have Internet till 4 years later (2007) and even then it was a 1mbps telephone line with 50kbps download/upload speed lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're still a complete noob if you had a first PC with more than 100 mhz of CPU power.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've owned my first pc pretty late compared to others in my country(when i was 12 or 13). And it was a desktop that had an AMD [email protected] CPU(1.4Ghz base speed) 256Mb RAM, and a ATi Radeon 9000(64mb) video card. As time passed i added some extra Ram, a dvd-writer, another hard-disk and a TV-Tuner card. I still have it but i don't use it anymore.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amiga 500, I miss it to this very day.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
1988 Amstrad PC1640.
640 kb RAM
20mb Hard Drive.

awwww yeaaa. I miss playing those old Sierra games.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Intel Pentium celeron 466 MHz, 6GB HD, 64Mb RAM and an integrated GFX card with 16 MB VRAM

Thats about it ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slovenian nobility and their fancy computamathings.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Not counting my Amiga2600 my first computer was an AMD Am486SX with whooping 33MHz of awesomness
Didn't even have windows 3.1 initially
But even back than in DOS I already made games ... crude text adventures in QBasic XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But even back than in DOS I already made games ... crude text adventures in QBasic XD played Tetris in my cell in a German Tetris concentration camp
Fixed.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
PRODPIC-5043.jpg

I was like 6 yrs old when we got this, and had it for like 3-4 years! So I don't even know what the model name is or what specs it had! I just know that it ran Win 95 and I played SNES games on it, and pinball! :p

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Along the lines of Eon!
Can't remember exactly what it was, but I sure as hell know it played digger!
Digger owned. I had that game. Also had Stargate, Leisure Suit Larry, and The Bard's Tale.

Bard's Tale owned.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not quite sure. I wish we kept it, but I think it's long gone by now. I think it was a computer that started in DOS but could boot up to Windows 3.1 if you told it to. Not entirely sure.

I remember my fathers friend from work used to play a lot of games. He would give my father some for me and my brothers to play. Sam and Max hit the Road is the game that stands out to me for being my favorite game back then. We also had an apogee's greatest hits which had the following games on it: Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem 2, Monster Bash, Bio Menace, Halloween Harry, Commander Keen 1, Commander Keen 4, Major Stryker, Raptor, Math rescue, Word rescue, Cosmo 1, Pagantizu, Secret agent, and Crystal Caves. That was a cool CD. Also had Doom 1, and Hexen. There was also an adventure game I played in which some little girl and her dog got sucked back in time to the American Revolution, and you got to meet people like Ben Frank (I think the time line was corrupted and you had to set it right. I remember Ben Frank chilling in a jacoozie). Don't remember the name of that game though. Also loved Civilziation II as a kid, but I think I was introduced to that game much later. I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few, but yeah.

Best answers
There was also an adventure game I played in which some little girl and her dog got sucked back in time to the American Revolution, and you got to meet people like Ben Frank (I think the time line was corrupted and you had to set it right.
Day of the tentacle. Those Lucas Art's adventures were awesome.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Day of the tentacle. Those Lucas Art's adventures were awesome.
I remember playing an Indiana Jones game from Lucas Arts lol. So entertaining at the time....

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as I can see we all cherished and loved our computers back then, now its all like "I hate this ****, I need more ram, different this and that" xD

too bad for the oldies, they probably died miserably with crushed hearths and broken 350mb hdd's ;__;

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
as I can see we all cherished and loved our computers back then, now its all like "I hate this ****, I need more ram, different this and that" xD

too bad for the oldies, they probably died miserably with crushed hearths and broken 350mb hdd's ;__;
350mb hdd's were for rich people.

Also much love for The Bard's Tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom