WHAT WAS YOUR DBZ BATTLE!!!!!+WHY???

DMW

Best answers
My favorite dbz battle of all time is the ss2 Goku vs ss2Majin Vegeta in the buu saga.Why?Because it was two very strong saiyans battling it out to see who was best,it dissopointed me that goku held back with his power while fighting vegeta,the fight would not have been 1 sidded tho since ss3 was new for goku,but he would have beaten vegeta,if i could change it it would have been both of them at max power to the death to see who was the best.No ss3 level reached yet just the accended saiyan or ss2 for has been reached.

DMW

Best answers
Whoops i just realized that I put this in the wrong place,if an admin comes in can you move it for me,sry for makin you go through all of the trouble ill be more carful next time.I promise :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please don't double post, edit your post next time. moving to Off-topic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Frieza saga easily produced the best fights of the series. It's where it should have ended. Frieza was the ultimate bad guy. He was the ruler of the universe, stronger than everyone and pure evil. Plus he was actually a part of the story, not just some extra strong bad guy who pops out of nowhere to fight Goku and the gang.

The reason it was so good was because Frieza really was the bad guy, the show presented him as the final obstacle. He had enslaved the saiyan race (as well as whole other galaxies), and you really did despise him for that. Everyone had a grudge against him, even Vegeta turned on him in hopes of avenging his race. All the fights leading up to Goku's confrontal with Frieza were the best in the series, everyone had a chance to shine, and you really rooted for the good guys to overcome Frieza.

And of course, there is the final fight, Goku vs. Frieza. When Krillin died, and Goku transformed, that was the beginning of arguably the best fight in the series. There was no ridiculous transformations, and people weren't being wished back every episode. Krillin was dead, Goku's best friend was gone for good. And this pushed Goku over the edge, putting him in the legendary state, he became a SSJ, and the ultimate fight began.

It ended perfectly too, Goku defeated Frieza, but unfortunately Frieza's final blow to the planet was too much for Goku, and he ends up dying in the blast (At least, that's what was supposed to happen. But unforunately the series continued, and some bull**** story was made up to give Goku an excuse to live).

It's hard though to announce that single fight as the best in the series, I myself enjoyed every fight with Frieza equally. Vegeta's first fight with Frieza. He actually matches his power, which completely surprises everyone. Piccolo's fight, where his spectacular power somehow brought him head to head with Frieza in a dramatic clash. Vegeta's second battle with Frieza. He puts up a last ditch effort to defeat him in his most powerful form. Despite the overwhelming odds, he still tries his hardest, which ultimately ends in his death.

Too summarize, i'm gonna have to say the "Frieza vs Everybody" fight was the greatest. It really was one big fight, despite being somewhat broken up. If any of the fighters were missing, then Frieza would have won and ruled the galaxy forever.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite fight is 17 vs Piccolo.

It was very constant and ingenius, and displayed why Piccolo is Toriyami's favorite character.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
My favorite fight is 17 vs Piccolo.

It was very constant and ingenius, and displayed why Piccolo is Toriyami's favorite character.
Ditto, and goku vs vegeta in the saiya-jin saga, none of that oozuru crap though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMW said:
My favorite dbz battle of all time is the ss2 Goku vs ss2Majin Vegeta in the buu saga.Why?Because it was two very strong saiyans battling it out to see who was best,it dissopointed me that goku held back with his power while fighting vegeta,the fight would not have been 1 sidded tho since ss3 was new for goku,but he would have beaten vegeta,if i could change it it would have been both of them at max power to the death to see who was the best.No ss3 level reached yet just the accended saiyan or ss2 for has been reached.
actually, goku had been SSJ3 before that fight, he says he learned it in other world.

my favorite fight was between android 17, and piccolo, because its the best animated fight in the whole series, fought between 2 very calculating fighters. every move is done almost slowly, everything is so clear. it was just great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku vs. Tien in DB episode 139-141, it's a good fight, lots of new techniques, and the great weighted clothing scene.

In Z it was SSJ2 Gohan vs. Super Perfect Cell.

GT, Super #17 vs. All

DMW

Best answers
yea i no he learned in the other world,i may have said that wrong tho but owell.O yea
Hash the frieza saga was a good saga,the best when it came to a story that wasnt repeated over and over again many times. After that i only watched dbz for the fight,that was the only thing it had going for it.But think about it,if they didnt continue the story not only would people have been dissapointed,but angery.People would have kept on saying "what if" goku didnt die,or what would happen if dbz continued because the frieza saga was kind of short.Frieza's saga imo is what got dbz the best ratings,i think it was the most interesting episodes and hooked people who didnt watch dbz before or db.After that is was just fight and save the world.So my fav saga is frieza'a but my fav fight is goku vs vegeta saiyan saga.I wish the story would have been better after that saga,1 last thing everyone who has seen the broly movie the first one,isnt it bull**** that vegeta wussed out to fight broly for most of the movie but went at frieza nonstop,since when does vegeta just give up and accept defeat.I hated funimation for making vegeta look like a punk, and when he did fight he only lasted like 30 secs literally,everyone else lasted longer than that but i guess its cuz they were fighting together.

Bolteh2

B
never had a DBZ battle.. tried to go super saiyan for some time, but gave up, only ended up with filthy pants

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because Vegeta had been brought up to fear the Legendary Super Saiyan, it was revered, it's like someone telling you to fight God/Jesus/Vishnu/Braman/Shiva/Grim Reaper (delete as approprite). He was a Legend, and even though Vegeta was strong he also feared him.

Also, Vegeta proved his manliness in the Cell Saga by watching Gohan get powerstruggled to hell by Cell while Tien and Krillin futiley attacked.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku vs Pikuhan
Mystic Gohan vs. Super Buu
"USSJ" Trunks vs. 17/18 when he returns to his own time
17 vs. Piccolo

I also agree completely with Hash--the Frieza fights were the best, but the four above were the only fights I found myself watching over and over.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku Vs. Freeza.
Everyone Vs. the Ginyu force, that was hilarious.

Best answers
My favorite fight was in a music video where the Author took both the Goku vs Vegeta fights (saiyan saga and majin saga). Overall, though, it'd be the SSJ2 fight.... I found myself watching the rock-to-head scene on repeat for about 10 minutes.

I think Hash is right though, about the fights being better when leading up to Frieza. But the fights in the Frieza saga were more about the drama and character building... Ex, Vegeta ripping through Kui, decimating Dodoria, getting thrashed by Zarbon, healed by them stupidly, and then Vegeta comes back to woop Zarbon... That was one of the defining moments in dbz. It made saiyans schmexy.

Liked Gohan vs Buu battle, though... Although Buu doesn't start to look cool until he absorbs Gohan, so I'll say Super Buu Vs Vegetto pwnz all. ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Hash. That is how DBZ should've ended, it was remarkable and the plot fell right into place. There were many sacrifices *including goku* and the transformation should've only been placed on goku since he had to overcome major obstacles, lost many lives (vegeta, krillin, piccolo, dende?) everyone seemed to throw everything they had, and put their differences aside to help overthrone freeza. To see freeza cause that much triumph, to see the "light" shine from goku and bring him down to his knees was... let's say... legendary. No overpowering child beating a regenerating android, no pink pudgy child who looses to a spirit bomb *in my opinion, is the worst ending to a dbz saga ever... as a matter of fact, after cell, dbz just got worste. i mean, goten and trunks, super saiyan ffs? It jsut seemed to be jumbled up.* Back to my topic about freeza, he was the best villian. Evil, smart, arrogant, cold hearted, and seeked to destroy. There was no fusions, no overpowerd transformations, no *OMG JOO GONE DISTROY TEH WHOLE PLANET WITH A MOVE YOU'VE USED OVER AND OVER AGAIN! (kamehameha).*

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frieza saga was supposed to be where dbz ended, but there was such high demand Akira Toriyama was "forced" to continue, and after that, he tried to make dbz rediculous as it could get so he didnt have to keep doing the weekly manga.

my fav fight.... hmmmmmm, in the manga, gohan&goku vs Cell, and android 17 vs piccolo.... in the anime, goku vs frieza.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
manga favorite fight...hmm..
Random guy in car yelling, and andriod #20(gero)
anime, Super Saiya-jin Son-Gokou vs Freiza

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , i liked the frezia sagas alot better then most of the other fights. it was emotion filled & also frezia's great fears of a super saiyan defeating him in battle were lived. it's the begining that made the most sence simply because goku avenges his race & the loss of his best friend , he also gives it all his got aswell

on another note i somewhat do question the story finishing at the frezia saga simply becasue in each opening you did see trunks and then if it ended their alot of questions via fans would go unanswered with alot of mystery

my 2nd i would have to say is the fight between uub and goku (heck those insults goku came up with that no one would think of sayying were fuunie as) and as vegeta was stunned by ubb as he was learning how to fight while he was fighting & considering his age you would not expect a human to be that good or strong

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RandyHobo said:
on another note i somewhat do question the story finishing at the frezia saga simply becasue in each opening you did see trunks and then if it ended their alot of questions via fans would go unanswered with alot of mystery
You have to remember though that the Manga was created before the Anime. So while the intro to the anime had Trunks in it, that was only because the Manga had already gone past the end of the Frieza saga and everyone knew about Trunks already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom