• Beta 1.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beta 1.2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figure we can get real specific with a poll, so vote away.

The one I first encountered was 1.8, when only Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and Trunks had models. Gohan, Piccolo, and Krillen were some kind of grayish thing. There was no Buu or Androids and Ginyu even on the horizon. This influenced someone named Antoine3323 to make an 'SSJScript', which replaced all the models in the game. As far as game play, there was no acceptable melee. You could basically punch, but you had to be right next someone for it to connect. You moved really slow, so getting closer seemed to take forever. As far as beams, the project beams ruled all. Vegeta's Big Bang was basically spammed the whole time, by someone, or a whole bunch of people. I myself used Frieza mostly, a combination of Finger Laser and Death Ball was a good counter to the Big Bang spammers. You had to look out for the Kamehameha beams as well, I believe they had the biggest explosion. Speaking of beams, the power struggling back then used to crash the server. If you mutually let the power struggle linger, by taking turns pushing it back and forward, it built up so big, that when you finally let it hit the side of the map, etc, the explosion would fill up the map, and typically crash the server at that point.

The main thing that made 1.8 the most fun, was the fact you could teleport, and mainly had to use beams, so it was the art of beam launching and dodging, that made me lose track of hours and hours of play. It's really why I've stuck around so long, version after version, hoping it would find it's way back to the simple days.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must play these simple days.

I joined around when 1.2.1 was released, so i never got a taste of the ol' alpha days.

I hear they were fast.

Best answers
i used to play 1.1 when it was out offline with the bots by me (not me as in myself). but my true online play was 1.2

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I first laid eyes on esf, It was alpha2 and I played it now and then with my mates. I then came back to esf when 1.1 was released and played it a lot (1.1 was generally when my bigger interest in esf delveloped compared to alpha2.0 days). I only played 1.1 with bots most of the time and in net cafes on lan since their were always people playing it, and a lot of them were noobs but I did enjoy the good fights I could get from certain players that knew how to paly the game :).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started playing back in Beta 1.1. Those were the good 'ol days. I still remember my former mentor, GoDFaTHeR. I also remember training DaRk. DaRk's way better than me now, but I don't play anymore, so it's forgiveable. Damn, I miss those days.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2.1 was when I first started playing

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am i the only 1.0 round here?

I found an interesting looking DBZ Half Life mod on a gaming CD. So i got Half Life (even if i hated the game XD)

I didnt have internet nor did i have bots for it. So i played it over LAN with a friend. Than we found out bots existed and i played them throo 1.0

Than after 1.1 was out I finaly got a connection. Was 56k though >.< I played a bit on the net but mostly against bots. Round that time i met Rick (Me) in a server. We played a bit sadly i never won >.<

I also joined the forum round that time. Soobing suggestions like most everyone XD

After the release of 1.2.3 i finaly got a DSL connection. And here i am XD

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alpha 1.8 and below.

Back in the days I had a membership on PC Zone, which had cd's with loads of demo's and mods. Quite a few years ago it featured ESF. Damn, I remember having to download alpha 1.8 with my dial up. Took 4 hours...

Best answers
It was weird for me, I played beta 1.1 then like less than a week later I deleted my whole steam account and so I had to re-download it. I ended up downloading 1.2.1.

Best answers
ESF Beta 1.0 was the first esf i played. A friend gived my a cd that had esf 1.0, the esf 1.0 trailer & bid for power. When i first wached the trailer it was like "OMG WTF is this, its was sooooo awesome". Back then i dident have internet or local network so i played with some idiotik bots, they just moved around the map. Yup does war the days.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was sercching for some mod's so i'v find this game esfb1.0 so since then

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I came around beta 1.0, arguably the best point to jump on the bandwagon.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I didn't mind Beta 1.0, it only had simple melee, which is what I think ESF should go back too.

Let it be more about beams, and simple melee be a setup manuever.

Best answers
the first version i played was a pretty old one,i downloaded it at some site but at that moment 1.1 was out and i didn't knew :p .then i started playing 1.1 and i was very excited to play a mod that was based on dbz.Now i play 1.2.3 now and then,mostly when there's a new custom map i download it and play(i suck at esf though -_-)I'm definatly gonna try 1.3 when it comes out,to bad it will be the last version :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.0 here, where the ping decided the knockback and the insta-block bug was rampant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either 2.0 or 1.8 >_> I really can't remember, damn that breakdancing broken melee was funny XD And everyone was mulit ps-ing but the garlic models on some chars really bugged me >_> and they were soo damn slow.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alpha 1.8 and below, for me. After 2.0 came out, I remember waiting, eagerly, for the newest version of Antoine's SSJ Script, just for the heck of it (with the amazing sounds pumped out by Cuc, I believe ^_^). I remember remarking that I found the USSJ Trunks to be quite "snazzy", heh.

I miss the giant, non-descript, grey balloon-ish thingy that was the spirit bomb in 1.8 (or was that 1.9?). I also miss the mass destruction that took place throughout esf_peppercity in 2.0.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta 1.0 here, that's what i'll always remember ESF as =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom