What type of Martial Art?

Best answers
Well i have been thinking about it, and when i finish highschool a friend and i are going to be searching for Martial Art Camps here in the US. But idk what i wanna take, Either ShaolinDo where i can learn Drunken Fist, or TaiKwanDo so i can get amazing kicks and sweeps in. My friend already decided on Kenpo and Judo, and i myself am thinking about Judo as a secondary, so any idea on which type would be more enjoyable/fun to learn?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go with Tae Kwon Do... it's all about speed... which is fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like Ju jutsu, it's basicly a combination of all fighting styles and martial arts and throw, 'putting opponent to sleep' etc..

Best answers
I was also considering finding some Kung Fu type of camps, but im leaning on Tae Kwa Do as well........speed is good, and so is good defence :D

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't run on other's suggestions. Go to each school, watch for a bit, decide for yourself which school is right for you, and which would be the most rewarding to learn.

This is the only right way to do it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well i have been thinking about it, and when i finish highschool a friend and i are going to be searching for Martial Art Camps here in the US. But idk what i wanna take, Either ShaolinDo where i can learn Drunken Fist, or TaiKwanDo so i can get amazing kicks and sweeps in. My friend already decided on Kenpo and Judo, and i myself am thinking about Judo as a secondary, so any idea on which type would be more enjoyable/fun to learn?
there's nothing cancern about the combat style. the fighting technique usually associate and depands with speed. in case train yourself to gain more speed to against your opponent and take that as adventage. so you wouldn't need to train that those ridiculous move. train Tijuysu and wear the heavy armor to train your strangth and speed first!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't run on other's suggestions. Go to each school, watch for a bit, decide for yourself which school is right for you, and which would be the most rewarding to learn.

This is the only right way to do it.
Agreed. You will also find different instruction styles at different schools. Some are better than others.

Also, be aware that they won't start you on jumping spin kicks. You will start with the basics, and move on from those once you've mastered them. Those cool moves you're picturing yourself learning are likely not what they will start teaching you.

Best answers
I have already taken Shaolin here at my Fit for the King, i know what the basics are, and i know i wont be doing the spin kicks

Best answers
TaekwonDo ALL THE WAY~! I've been training taekwondo for 6 years or so. It builds your body up with strength, defense and speed. In the school NONE can beat me.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there's nothing cancern about the combat style. the fighting technique usually associate and depands with speed. in case train yourself to gain more speed to against your opponent and take that as adventage. so you wouldn't need to train that those ridiculous move. train Tijuysu and wear the heavy armor to train your strangth and speed first!
Speed isn't everything. Not to mention training with weighted apparel is dangerous and can cause a lot of damage to your joints, ligaments, etcetera, especially if you don't have a personal trainer helping you.

In addition to Cucumba's and Frsrblch's replies: Make sure that the school you pick to train at won't try to rip you off with expensive fees or money schemes. The Taekwondo school I trained at had a club (called the "Black Belt Club") which for an additional $500 (in addition to the standard fee) allowed you to receive "special" training in addition to weapons training. Let's just say that paying an additional $100 would seem more reasonable based on the limited amount of additional training I received for being in the Black Belt Club.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Speed isn't everything. Not to mention training with weighted apparel is dangerous and can cause a lot of damage to your joints, ligaments, etcetera, especially if you don't have a personal trainer helping you.
speed isn't everything!? how about Ali Muhamad!? he's the fastest fighter in the world not even Bruse Lee could challenge him. no matter how many ridiculous move you learn would be useless if you can't follow your opponent's speed and move. even a noob could beat the martial artist if he's fast enough to dodge the attack.

like I said......train your speed and strangth first before you start learn those move.

Best answers
Speed isnt everything, especially if I have trained my reflexes to be fast enough to block the punch/kick before it reaches me.

Best answers
Depends if you wish to hone your good atributes, or better your weaknesses.

Like me, im fairly strong, but rather slow.
So i should join tae kwon do or what ever other martial arts that need speed, to make me faster. But then again, what martial arts dosnt need speed.
(in scool i was called Bear ... the hybernating one :S )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom