what the ****??

Best answers
OKAY im in need of major help.. my older brother came frolm his apartment and stayed for the weekend and seriously ****ed up my computer.. i cant go on the internet or even play internet games without getting the error:
Error loading C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1.GAL\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll

Access is denied.
I have located the root of the problem and i have used my virus scanner to heal/delete and quarantine it but NOTHING WORKS.. the only way i think i can fix it is if i replace my se.dll which im not sure how, maybe someone can help me fix this problem its very nervewrecking or maybe someone can even send me their se.dll and see if i replace it with it it might work? i dont know i need help asap add me to MSN if you can help, wop13@hotmail

Best answers
how do you go in safe mode with winxp? (im new to winxp i had win98 for like 6 years straight and i just recently got xp)

Best answers
great for some reason i dont even have an se.dll anymore

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could just turn your comp off while xp is booting or i think it's ethier f8 or f9 for the boot option list

are you using any anti spy/ad ware programs at all ? keeping xp up to date ?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Nothing in any temp folder is required for any version of Windows to run correctly.

Either there is a process or NT service running with the file still open in a read/write mode, or a poorly written program never closed the file when it was finished writing.

After your BIOS screens go past, and right before Windows begins to load, hold F8 to bring up your options. From there you can launch into safe mode (or command prompt if you know enough DOS to delete it from there)

Best answers
Get spy sweeper. www.download.com then click on Webroot Spy Sweeper. It's only a 14 day trial but it works. Either that or set your computer back to before he messed it up if you have windows xp. If you have ME you should have a system restore disk run that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my brother got the ame error message with the se.dll, and he has yet to resolve it. he has deleted the proper file. and as far as he can tell it was'nt referenced in his statup programs or his registry yet he still gets the popups saying that se.dll couldnt be found whenever he tried to launch any program, (i mean any)

avg or adaware havent been able to fix it for him,

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah thats spyware linked with a virus, what i would do is put your computer in safe mode then scan it that way with both an antivirus program and an anti spyware/adware program

Best answers
i used microsoft anti spyware, i used spybot s&d and i used mcafee virus scanner.. none of it works and i cant use steam, warcraft, WoW well basically any online game..

EDIT
fixed the problem, i found a fix on da net only problem is i cant use IE anymore

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just use firefox instead =P its better.

Best answers
Spybot search and destroy isn't that good. You should get Spy Sweeper or AVG or something.

Best answers
hey, try the forums at geekstogo.com. These guys are awesome. They meet with you in your own thread and give u a step by step process of how to go about getting your computer back on its feet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom