"what the hell!?"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

im already aware his head is too big, and ive fixed his ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it Snake? If it is it's pretty decent.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They cut off your hands? No, Snake, this can't be happening... Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Looks good :E

Best answers
The face looks a little wrong, but theres a good chance I could be wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it was, but someone from PCB helped me out, and heres the new one

before you say that the ears are too low etc, realise that the referance pic, snake is looking down slightly.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking sweet!
Two things I found a little weird, the nose seems too squary and the bottom of the ears are really pointy looking unlike the ref.

Other then that I'm looking forward seeing more of it =D

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your goofing up the head proportions again =P, you seem to do this on all your models a little bit, but in this models case its a tad extreme, to the point its scary to look at =P/

you always seem to bring the jawline too far forward, and make the forehead too short, slanting back to the top of the head earlier than it should, making the face from the perspective and side views look a bit apelike,

bring the middle of the forehead forward a tad, and move back the face a little from the nose down. (you could probly cheap out and just whore soft selection here)

i gaurantee you it will look alot better,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Nuttzy , your making fun of my fav VG character! =*(

Best answers
Ya, I'll second nuttzy there. Head is tad bit too big and he has a bulldog mouth due to the jawbone poking forward like that..

Face itself is looking nasty though, apart from theb lower part of the ear, that's a bit too pointy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhmmm i think his cheek bones have much more depth, means his cheeks pop out abit more. Also if you look at the mouth area his mouth folds are more defined.

im not a fan of the nose but heh i use to make the nose like that aswell just abit others, gj ;)

yeh i wanted to say on the first post that his head was quite to big as his neck to long.

at all taking together: Give the cheeks more depth and define the mouth area more, i dont talk about the lips i like em alot.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
looks to me as if the head poly flow isn't correct. From the side perspective the head looks ape like to me.

Why aren't you using smoothing groops for your renders?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMO, the chin pops out way too far, and for all the loops on and around the chin, it could be a rounder, less square chin. Also, his forearms are really tiny, as are the rest of the arm compared to the rest of the body. His build is slightly muscular, not scrawny ;p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if you're going to spend that many polies on his face, put more into the nose. It looks like a box not a nose. Enix is right about the arms as well they're way way tiny compared to what they should be, but I'm assuming you're waiting to fix that till you add the hands. Also you might want to scale his lower body a bit wider, especially the lower half of his legs.

xstortionist said:
looks to me as if the head poly flow isn't correct. From the side perspective the head looks ape like to me.

Why aren't you using smoothing groops for your renders?
Rofl he's right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well someone explained to me awhile ago that you add a bit of yourself when you model or draw something, because you are used to your own face and stucture, and I see a lot of lee in this model. Either that or he recycled the head from his self portrait model.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree 100% with enix, its a habbit I have myself when drawing, it takes a lot of effort to get away from it. Here's the problem, 1, you've got used to the same poly flow on your models imo, and it just wont cut it for such a chisseled character like Snake, he's got a lot of defining features and contours in his face that the poly flow has to match, I took the liberty of drawing out the main contours in his face for reference:

second problem is, if you look on the far right, that is the shape of a skull (placed due to your browline and skull width), unless very characterised and distorted, a skull typically will fit into a square from the side. Yours fits into a more rhombus type shape, of course this does depend on character, but snakes head is square and long, and his most dominant feature is his brow line, which is way too far backward in comparison to the jaw atm.

Take a look at some Kurt Russell pics and the original game art sometime, they're really great for refs too D:, the original game art really does well in showing the contours.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Here is a ref I put together for you, focus on the side ref.

The only misplacement on this view are the ears, from the side perspective they are higher, it shouldn't be hard to figure out correct placement of them according to the rest of the head.

Here ya go, I hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom