What the hell? -Need Help-

Best answers
Okay, i've installed it blah blah etc. Now i've loaded it up and the screen where vegeta has kicked piccolo down comes on. It alters slightly and the Esf Logo comes up at the bottom left corner. The music begins to play but nothing happens.. I wait for about 20 mins, still nothing but the music still plays. I've constantly clicked like mad and still nothing. Any help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Burntpill, by looking at your first post it is obvious you know how to edit your posts. Do so if you've got something to add, as double posting is against forum policy.

Thank you.

Best answers
Pain said:
Burntpill, by looking at your first post it is obvious you know how to edit your posts. Do so if you've got something to add, as double posting is against forum policy.

Thank you.
I made a mistake on my size.. Is it a bad thing to change it or something?

Oh and to answer the other question about the menu.
No nothing comes up, just the logo in the left hand corner and the piccolo and vegeta screen.

I was actually referring to you posting twice in a row. The fact that you had indeed already edited your first post shows you know how to do it. - Pain

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a new error, haven't seen that before...
did you try directly searching for a server using steam and then connect to it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this a legit copy of half life? You say nothing happens.. Well if it comes up can you see the choices? Like Create a Server etc. ?

Can you give us some details? Like 1. computer specs (though I doubt it has anything to do with it) and 2. the steps you took to install half life, esf, and steam. (in the order that you did it please)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
loool I thing i know what is your problme you make the server it charge and thean stops changeing well the solution is simple wean you make the server were is the map go to game the third this is someting like lan games put a x or a marck it after theath you can play what ever map you like :) now go play:)

Best answers
Okay, i bought half life from a game store, came home. Installed it. Had a go on it then got steam, regeistered etc, then i put half life onto the steam games list. Downloaded ESF, saved it into the steam username etc, it finnished. When i click on steam i can see half life on my games list, and Esf on third person games. When i click on esf the it says loading up esf. Then the vegeta and piccolo screen appears with nothing else. Only piccolo and vegeta when vegeta is in the air. The music begins to start and the vegeta and piccolo picture alts slightly to crapper graphics. The logo appears on the bottom left corner and nothing else happens. Just stays like that with the music going. It's just the same when i do half life, you see gordon standing there with the half life logo at the bottom left, nothing else just stays like that.

When i first got half life it worked well, but if i tried internet when it was on my games on steam it would say that my version is outdated, same on Esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Burntpill said:
Okay, i bought half life from a game store, came home. Installed it. Had a go on it then got steam, regeistered etc, then i put half life onto the steam games list. Downloaded ESF, saved it into the steam username etc, it finnished. When i click on steam i can see half life on my games list, and Esf on third person games. When i click on esf the it says loading up esf. Then the vegeta and piccolo screen appears with nothing else. Only piccolo and vegeta when vegeta is in the air. The music begins to start and the vegeta and piccolo picture alts slightly to crapper graphics. The logo appears on the bottom left corner and nothing else happens. Just stays like that with the music going. It's just the same when i do half life, you see gordon standing there with the half life logo at the bottom left, nothing else just stays like that.

When i first got half life it worked well, but if i tried internet when it was on my games on steam it would say that my version is outdated, same on Esf.
This is what it SHOULD look like:
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/273/esf7df.jpg

If it doesn't: you have a problem. One I do not know the answer to, I'm afraid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Burntpill said:
Have you let it update itself? If I am not mistaken Steam will update your installed games automatically.

You can find out by right-clicking your steam icon in the taskbar, and going to 'Monitor'. That should show you a list of whatever games are being updated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You also need to run Half-Life at least once so Steam can cache some files ESF needs, one run through HL's training level should do it, then install and run ESF into the Half-Life folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom